Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

Jayhoang's LS460L Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-12, 08:40 PM
lei_z_ass
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i and those that did the air runner demo ride at the Vip Festival in Samsons ls430 can tell you that they are surprised how smooth the ride is. Watch this recent video air runner did when we were in cali. Samson rides his ls430 air runner on the ground kit like that all the time.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=381551525264980
Old 12-06-12, 12:12 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for all the input and help guys.

I've been talking to Nat and Brian about suspension and all that jazz. Appreciate the awesome help from you guys!
I think for now I'll do the PS module (it still hasn't come in yet - probably tomorrow or Monday), get wheels and aero and once the car is looking decent, then I'll move onto an Air Runner set up.

I'm hoping the car will be sitting pretty come March. It's still snowing and -20ish here. Until then - I gather parts.
Old 12-06-12, 02:17 PM
farming
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhoang
Thanks for all the input and help guys.

I've been talking to Nat and Brian about suspension and all that jazz. Appreciate the awesome help from you guys!
I think for now I'll do the PS module (it still hasn't come in yet - probably tomorrow or Monday), get wheels and aero and once the car is looking decent, then I'll move onto an Air Runner set up.

I'm hoping the car will be sitting pretty come March. It's still snowing and -20ish here. Until then - I gather parts.
oh can't wait to see it! What aero kit are you thinking of getting?
Old 12-06-12, 02:24 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by farming
oh can't wait to see it! What aero kit are you thinking of getting?
I'm still looking around, but I'm a big fan of Wald and Aimgain right now.

I'm playing around with mixing some stuff around - but I just have to make sure when the kit is on, it's all level with each other otherwise it'll look weird.

I really do like the Wald sideskirts. As for the bumper/lip and rear, I am still brainstorming
As I come up with ideas, I usually photoshop them and I'll post them here
Old 12-06-12, 02:43 PM
farming
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea those are the two brands I'm looking at but not really sure. If you have any hook-ups on prices let me know! lol! I know a guy in Japan that can buy the parts for me and ship it here but shipping might cost too much to try and save money..hehehe
Old 12-06-12, 08:31 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

post pics when she's done. Sounds like you have a pretty cool game plan
Old 12-09-12, 02:20 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Got some time to install the PS nav/dvd bypass today. Took about an hour. The radio unit was the biggest pain to remove, but all went well in the end. I'll be installing the air controller probably at the end of the month when I have more time!

The package.

First thing’s first – remove the side panels. Cake.

Remove the center console area. Cake.

Center console out.

IMG_0327 copy

This was where it got frustrating. The radio unit was in there good and it took a good half an hour for me to pull it out. You had to wiggle your hand in the back and pull a little corner in the front to get it out. But you needed one hard pull in order for it to work or else it didn’t even budge. My fingers feel busted. The back barely had any room, I feel sorry for anyone with big hands because there was no way that would’ve come out.

Here’s the pain in the *** piece that finally came out.

Nav piece out.

Now was the time to take the module and wire it together and plug it in. Nice little piece.

The back of the nav system with all the wires. I ended up plugging it in and wired it nicely. Everything went back within 5 minutes.

I ended up wiring it right near my leg so it was easy to just push. I’ve seen a lot of guys wire it near the heated seat controls and on the opposite side of where I did so it’s laying on the console but I wanted it to be nice and clean.

Popped in 2 Fast 2 Furious and the Scarface preview came on lol. Works like a charm! All in all, took about an hour. Can’t wait to install the air controller now!
Old 12-09-12, 07:13 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

Nice!! The air controller install will seem as easy as installing a tree air freshener on your rear view mirror after all that..trust me. 20 mins or less
Old 12-10-12, 01:18 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
On oem wheels or big wheels...thats a nice long drive fo sho...awesome
On 22inch VIP modulars
Old 12-10-12, 01:21 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Update: Just got off the phone with an Air Runner rep and he mentioned that there's no difference with installing aftermarket air on LS's with aftermarket air. All that needs to be done is to remove the bags as as if they were regular struts and then to remove the fuse for the compressor.
The only issue is that you'd get the light on the dash for it.

Hmm..
I think the tricky part is removing the air line from the oem struts. You need a special tool in order to remove the air line. Yes you can cut them but if you want to go back to stock then you don't want to do that.
Old 12-10-12, 08:29 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lbintab
I think the tricky part is removing the air line from the oem struts. You need a special tool in order to remove the air line. Yes you can cut them but if you want to go back to stock then you don't want to do that.
Thanks! I think I'll live with the stock air for now...
Old 12-10-12, 08:30 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Ended up placing the order for SSR Merisia's today. Possibly the first set of 21" in North America according to SSR.
SSR USA only lists up to 20"

Should be here in 3-4 months.

Photoshopped them onto the LS.
Old 12-10-12, 11:30 PM
lei_z_ass
Driver

Ended up placing the order for SSR Merisia's today. Possibly the first set of 21" in North America according to SSR.
SSR USA only lists up to 20"

Should be here in 3-4 months.

Photoshopped them onto the LS.
nice choice. Have you seen there new line SSR Executor CV01. I had to a chance to see them up close and personal at Sema and they are gorgeous. These may be my next set of wheels.
Old 12-11-12, 06:13 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lei_z_ass
nice choice. Have you seen there new line SSR Executor CV01. I had to a chance to see them up close and personal at Sema and they are gorgeous. These may be my next set of wheels.
Thanks!
Yes I did a few weeks back during Sema a bunch of pics came out and I thought they looked awesome. Kind of remind me of ADV1's without the ridiculous price.
I'm a fan of the big split five spokes for the LS's because it matches the size of the car. Similar to your LH Friedens, Maverick 405s and these wheels.

The CV01 and even CV02 would look killer on your car I'm sure.
Old 12-12-12, 12:46 AM
Hawaii5oh
Driver

daym beat me to it, i was gonna look into the same rims when i got back stateside, excellent choice man!! even the step lip version is sikk

Quick Reply: Jayhoang's LS460L Build Thread