Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

Jayhoang's LS460L Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-13 | 12:14 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jayhoang
Thanks Brian - It is quite tempting... did you just not like it so you are considering a new one? Any issues after having it for a while?

Yes sir! I feel like it can go lower... comparing to a bunch of other pics, maybe it's the 19's...
I've been having small issues with the controller (as you are already aware) with it adjusting the front right or front left for 5+ minutes or having unequal heights when it says it's done.

Maybe I'm not using the controller right either...
Actually, I dumped mine on Super Low the other day and when i brougt it back up, the right rear was lazy as hell lol. It raised a little, but def not as much as it should of so I drove around my subdivision for a couple minutes and when i pulled into my driveway, i noticed my controller was showing up arrows on the rear and it leveled back out. I think when it gets confused and a height high activation with the controller on NORMAL SELECT doesn't clear it..then drive around slowly so the car "gets right" That happened one or two other times, but only when in Super Low mode. I may just go max level 8 to avoid any drama in the future.
Old 01-28-13 | 01:04 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Thanks Brian - It is quite tempting... did you just not like it so you are considering a new one? Any issues after having it for a while?
I actually really liked it. The growl was nice everytime the exhaust fired up. The only reason I swapped mine out is because my new exhaust is coming in with my next shipment of japanese goodies for this car.
Old 01-28-13 | 02:08 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Even though I have cutouts on my car, I'm thinking of getting an axle-back for when Its closed, so it won't be super quiet. I'm not really sure how much louder it is than factory, but if it's anything like say, a gs430, or even just a tad louder, that would be great. I really love the sound that our v8's can make!
Old 01-28-13 | 04:59 PM
lei_z_ass
Driver

Originally Posted by brianlin87
I actually really liked it. The growl was nice everytime the exhaust fired up. The only reason I swapped mine out is because my new exhaust is coming in with my next shipment of japanese goodies for this car.
did you go suruga? I will be ordering mined once i get everything finished. To many loose ends right now.
Old 01-28-13 | 08:55 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lei_z_ass
did you go suruga? I will be ordering mined once i get everything finished. To many loose ends right now.
I love the suruga speed exhaust.
Old 01-30-13 | 10:53 AM
VIP Modular Wheels
Lead Lap

The car looks great! Can't wait to see it with the wheels on!
Old 02-03-13 | 08:17 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by brianlin87
I've thought long and hard about this... and I might have to pass for now. Thanks for the offer Brian - I wish I could.

Originally Posted by VIP Modular Wheels
The car looks great! Can't wait to see it with the wheels on!
Thank you! I'm anxious too

Just a quick update - after about 4 weeks, my weathertech mats are in and I love em. Ditched the newspaper floormats
I wish the rear mats were the "over the hump" kind but oh well.. no one will sit in the back anyways.

I think all I'm waiting for now is wheels... gonna be a little while longer...
Old 02-19-13 | 08:10 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

So not really an update, but more of a brainstorm that I've been doing for the last few months. I'm trying to find the best bodykit to get the LS looking the way I want it. I'll either end up finding a kit and not liking one piece of it or only liking one piece of it and not the rest.

I've been looking at everything from Wald to G Answer to Artisan Spirits to Freedom Legion... and I've come to the conclusion that I can't settle for one kit because it just won't work for me. I've decided to try and price some pieces out and I will photoshop my decision tonight. I'll post it up for you guys to see...
But here's what I came up with:

Aimgain Front bumper

Aimgain Fenders

Wald Rear spoiler and Roof Spoiler

Wald Side Skirts

Artisan Spirits Rear Half Bumper

In the meantime - still waiting for wheels.... Crossing my fingers for the end of March!
Old 02-19-13 | 01:27 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

So not really an update, but more of a brainstorm that I've been doing for the last few months. I'm trying to find the best bodykit to get the LS looking the way I want it. I'll either end up finding a kit and not liking one piece of it or only liking one piece of it and not the rest.

I've been looking at everything from Wald to G Answer to Artisan Spirits to Freedom Legion... and I've come to the conclusion that I can't settle for one kit because it just won't work for me. I've decided to try and price some pieces out and I will photoshop my decision tonight. I'll post it up for you guys to see...
But here's what I came up with:

Aimgain Front bumper

whats up with that grill ?? is it flat blk or gloss blk with a flat blk "L"
Old 02-19-13 | 01:59 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
whats up with that grill ?? is it flat blk or gloss blk with a flat blk "L"
It is full flat black - grill and L.
Old 02-19-13 | 02:32 PM
lei_z_ass
Driver

I wanted to do a Mode parfume Front bumper with wald front fenders, with k break side skirts and rear with the dual exhaust tips.
Old 02-19-13 | 06:38 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

It is full flat black - grill and L.
the outer ring is definitely gloss blk
Old 02-19-13 | 08:11 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

I like that combo...would look killer!!! Wish I could afford a kit now :/ hahaha!
Old 03-03-13 | 10:32 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Got my tails slightly smoked yesterday...
Also put in 6000K HID's in all around a few days before.

PS My wheels "SHOULD" be here within a few weeks! The countdown is on!

Old 03-04-13 | 11:52 AM
BPVIP
Lead Lap

Niice i want to do that to my tail lights too, to lazy lol looks great tho!
Got my tails slightly smoked yesterday...
Also put in 6000K HID's in all around a few days before.

PS My wheels "SHOULD" be here within a few weeks! The countdown is on!

Quick Reply: Jayhoang's LS460L Build Thread