Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

Jayhoang's LS460L Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-13 | 09:07 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CJITTY
This is posted in the Wheel and Tire info thread my dude haha.... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7047813-post22.html
Yeah I saw this post. Just wondering about other options.
Looks like I'll just go with these haha

Thanks
Old 04-01-13 | 09:13 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jayhoang
Yeah I saw this post. Just wondering about other options.
Looks like I'll just go with these haha

Thanks
Well, you already know I am not dropping $500 on some lugnuts haha. But these have been doing great for almost 2 years now. But, the specs on that amazon link will tell you the size and lug style so you can search on Google for other options that meet your criteria lol
Old 04-01-13 | 03:09 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

I'm just using Gorilla Lugs for now. $50 bucks at Discount Tire for like 32 lugs isn't bad. I'm going to keep my eyes out for different aftermarket ones.
Old 04-01-13 | 05:05 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

The gorilla system aint that bad 1 key for all the kug nuts decent price. I use to rock the project kicks but its just not the look im going for.
Old 04-01-13 | 05:45 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Thanks guys.
I ended up ordering a set off of Amazon and it should be here on Wednesday...
Wheels should be here any day now...
Old 04-01-13 | 07:49 PM
AznRacer
Instructor

Car looks great! I wish I have that kind of talent to do detailing on my car
Old 04-01-13 | 09:45 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

great work, looking brand new.
Old 04-02-13 | 06:13 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AznRacer
Car looks great! I wish I have that kind of talent to do detailing on my car
It's not difficult at all! Just knowing what pads to pair with which polish and simply going to town is all there is to it.

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
great work, looking brand new.
Thank you! Far from brand new cause the front bumper is pretty beat up but the rest of the car is almost there
Old 04-18-13 | 05:54 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Kind of an update... It's been a long time coming. I sound like I've been lying cause I keep saying that things are coming and I never get it. Things just keep getting delayed because of backorders or something else.

Anyways - as mentioned - I went with UAS on BC paired with Accuair E-Level and the touchpad.
Mark over at RavSpec has been extremely helpful with all this and he finally got all parts in and even assembled the bag and coil for me and sent me shots. I'm hoping I should get the air next week if it ships out by tomorrow and my wheels should have landed, I'm just waiting to go get them.

Tires will come shortly after I pick up the wheels and I'm hoping to get it all done within a week or two...
Here are the bags/coils

Old 04-18-13 | 07:21 PM
tnbigdawg
Driver

Can't wait to see it with the bags on and with new wheels! I got a set of BC coils waiting for UAS also. Do you happen to have a picture of the top mount for the bags? Also, are those the standard Aero Sport bags or the shortened versions?

I measured the BC upper mount bolt pattern and it matches the 2nd Gen GS. I was going to try and replace the stock BC upper mounts with the UAS 2GS billet mounts front and back so that the bag bolts up to it.
Old 04-18-13 | 07:38 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tnbigdawg
Can't wait to see it with the bags on and with new wheels! I got a set of BC coils waiting for UAS also. Do you happen to have a picture of the top mount for the bags? Also, are those the standard Aero Sport bags or the shortened versions?

I measured the BC upper mount bolt pattern and it matches the 2nd Gen GS. I was going to try and replace the stock BC upper mounts with the UAS 2GS billet mounts front and back so that the bag bolts up to it.
Thanks man! I'm super stoked.

I don't have any other pics - this is all I got from Mark... I'll take more pics once I get them though.
I believe they are just the standard aero sport bags 9". I didn't even know they offered the shortened versions.
Old 04-18-13 | 10:06 PM
bluwagun
Lead Lap

Let me know how your new suspension set up turns out
Old 04-19-13 | 02:15 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

i cannot wait to see this Jay Money!!!
Old 04-19-13 | 02:55 PM
Tee

Man looks like another EPIC build is coming along!

Jay when your whip is finally done you should start a thread "Allow me to re-introduce myself"

Old 04-19-13 | 06:49 PM
tnbigdawg
Driver

Originally Posted by Tee
Man looks like another EPIC build is coming along!

Jay when your whip is finally done you should start a thread "Allow me to re-introduce myself"
+1 with full video feature

But yeah Jay, when you get them in I'd appreciate more pics of the bag install on the struts if you can. Are you installing the rest yourself?

BTW UAS makes a shorter Aero Sport called the Air House 2 Aero Sport which I think is an Air House 2 bag constructed like the Aero Sport to allow bag over coil installations. Not sure why it isn't listed on the UAS website though. I guess the idea is to ride lower with more air pressure in the bag for comfort, but you compromise maximum lift.

Quick Reply: Jayhoang's LS460L Build Thread