Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Pete's GS400 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-13, 11:59 PM
Kyanite
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just spent the last 30 minutes reading through this thread. Every post definitely has a purpose here, you're definitely not wasting your time. This is one of the cleanest GS's I've seen as of late, every mod is tastefully done.

I'm a big DIY kind of guy as well, there's just a lot more satisfaction behind it all and watching your ideas come to life.
Old 04-24-13, 11:28 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I definitely back Rick on the Master Blaster. It's a nice tool to use as a drying technique for your car. Although the microfiber that you're using on your car (Griots Garage) is safe to use on paint no matter what because it's specifically made for drying the car.

You can touch your car with microfibers as much as you want and you won't scratch the paint as long as you use them properly and use QUALITY towels. I usually get mine from AutoGeek or Detailer's Domain.

Very clean GS once again man. I know my lady would love your car.
Old 04-24-13, 03:55 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyanite
Just spent the last 30 minutes reading through this thread. Every post definitely has a purpose here, you're definitely not wasting your time. This is one of the cleanest GS's I've seen as of late, every mod is tastefully done.
I'm a big DIY kind of guy as well, there's just a lot more satisfaction behind it all and watching your ideas come to life.
nice! thanks for going through the whole thread. i preciate it. once i saw all the DIY's here, i started saving them and bookmarking them for myself. then it was only fitting for me to return the love hoping someone somewhere can benefit from mine

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
I definitely back Rick on the Master Blaster. It's a nice tool to use as a drying technique for your car. Although the microfiber that you're using on your car (Griots Garage) is safe to use on paint no matter what because it's specifically made for drying the car.
You can touch your car with microfibers as much as you want and you won't scratch the paint as long as you use them properly and use QUALITY towels. I usually get mine from AutoGeek or Detailer's Domain.
Very clean GS once again man. I know my lady would love your car.
sweet, i will trade you my GS for your girlfriend. haha jk man

Yeah, i bought my orbital from AutoGeek. Sometimes i buy direct from Griot's also. And they are helpful if you have questions for them.
Old 04-24-13, 06:24 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Great build, I really like the wheels
Old 04-24-13, 10:03 PM
JEBAAY
Driver

I spent the last hour or so reading your threads I'm hooked!! You hve a beatiful car.
Old 04-25-13, 11:20 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by Maxx941
Great build, I really like the wheels
Thanks for checkin in. Nice to see an ES owner show up

Originally Posted by JEBAAY
I spent the last hour or so reading your threads I'm hooked!! You hve a beatiful car.
haha, thanks. stay tuned i try to keep it fresh every week.
Old 04-28-13, 05:46 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Okay, here we go, "Homemade Shift Boot / Gear Gaitor" Part II.
so, the last one i did was using what was left of my old leather armrest.

That one was kind of sloppy and the sides weren't long enough. It also had SIX seams, which made for a very tight squeeze with all that fabric being tucked in there!

I wanted to see if i could do one with only 2 or less seams.
so i cut a seam out my original, laid it out and drew a template on an old shirt.

I then stitched it togther and tested it. Sides still needed more fabric. So i used that shirt boot and cut my seam, laid it out on my beige vinyl and measured a slightly larger one.

Cut out the pac man

ONE SEAM!

DAYUM!

i forgot

to take

a picture. !!!!

oh Well

trust me, it worked out much better, looked pretty good but the color was slightly off.

oh yeah......

i also got this Chrome Bezel!

hmmm.

Let's try this one more time with black faux leather.
Didnt think i needed to take pics of the same process. Lined up my template, cut it and stitched the black vinyl.
Then i took my **** and tapped the threads as far up in the nylon coupler i got so i can have the **** sit lower as a real shifter would.

and.. wa-laa!

Last edited by Sevenevez; 04-28-13 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added one more pic
Old 04-28-13, 11:04 PM
1UGLYGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good looking car Makes me want to take on a few more DIY's lol
Old 04-28-13, 11:10 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

i tried the shift boot mod some time ago but couldn't get the material to stay in place.. The material was from Ebay and i'm pretty sure it was to thick...
Old 05-01-13, 11:31 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by 1UGLYGS
Good looking car Makes me want to take on a few more DIY's lol
get at it man!

Originally Posted by tmf2004
i tried the shift boot mod some time ago but couldn't get the material to stay in place.. The material was from Ebay and i'm pretty sure it was to thick...
yeah the first boot i did was too thick. the others worked well because they only had one seam. The last black one was a lil thinner and works fine for me
Old 05-01-13, 11:44 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Probably a combination of me washing the car water getting at the 3M Extreme tape and the Arizona heat ( triple digits already ) i felt my jp rep wing coming loose off the trunk. So i got some of the strongest stuff i could find locally. I also figured its time to put my emblem up front too so i got some automotive emblem adhesive.

Scuffed up my emblem and hit it with a few coats chrome paint and then clear and another layer of coat. Anything on the front of the car takes a lot of abuse.

Now its time to carve the "L" out of the emblem. It's pretty much molded into the circle!

Used the Dremel to clear a recessed shape to get my emblem in flush

Done

Old 05-02-13, 07:29 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That shift **** is reaaalllllyyyy growing on me.
Old 05-02-13, 11:55 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
That shift **** is reaaalllllyyyy growing on me.
The ****? coo, well, you cant go wrong for only $14 but i advise tapping the nylon coupler into it instead of using their little set screws. I got mine screwed on using factory threads and it screws down a good inch farther that way.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
Old 05-03-13, 05:05 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Pictures make the world go round. Love me some sunset shots

Old 05-04-13, 06:00 AM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
Probably a combination of me washing the car water getting at the 3M Extreme tape and the Arizona heat ( triple digits already ) i felt my jp rep wing coming loose off the trunk. So i got some of the strongest stuff i could find locally. I also figured its time to put my emblem up front too so i got some automotive emblem adhesive.

Scuffed up my emblem and hit it with a few coats chrome paint and then clear and another layer of coat. Anything on the front of the car takes a lot of abuse.

Now its time to carve the "L" out of the emblem. It's pretty much molded into the circle!

Used the Dremel to clear a recessed shape to get my emblem in flush

Done

It's because the poly spoiler is so heavy. Mines came loose a few times. The last time I used Betalink K1 (bmw uses this adhesive) and tape. No signs of it coming loose.

Quick Reply: Pete's GS400 Build Thread