Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-13, 10:47 AM
skirts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Mark everything looks great! I need to do my woodgrain at some point. But I'll be staying tan.
Old 02-18-13, 11:03 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by skirts
Wow Mark everything looks great! I need to do my woodgrain at some point. But I'll be staying tan.
Thanks Nick. Just trying to get it ready for IA. I am going to talk Jay into going so we can convoy together from Huntsville to Atlanta.
Old 02-18-13, 11:39 AM
thm8d
Pole Position

Amazing... simply amazing! I've been following this thread. I cant wait to see the finished outcome.
Old 02-18-13, 11:58 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by thm8d
Amazing... simply amazing! I've been following this thread. I cant wait to see the finished outcome.
Well thank you very much. It is almost done. Just a few more parts and it will be done.
Old 02-18-13, 02:53 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

dear lord that looks good!! 2 questions:

1) for the metra dash kit, did you have to reenforce the mounting brackets like i've seen with other aftermarket head units? and are you using the metra harness or making your own?

2) for the gauge cluster, is that the closest you can get to match the a-pillar? is it going to get re-wrapped or painted to match it better? i haven't found a decent a-pillar pod kit but the one you used seems to work ok. how big are the gauge mounts (52mm, 60mm, etc.)
Old 02-18-13, 03:27 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by StiCk3
dear lord that looks good!! 2 questions:

1) for the metra dash kit, did you have to reenforce the mounting brackets like i've seen with other aftermarket head units? and are you using the metra harness or making your own?

2) for the gauge cluster, is that the closest you can get to match the a-pillar? is it going to get re-wrapped or painted to match it better? i haven't found a decent a-pillar pod kit but the one you used seems to work ok. how big are the gauge mounts (52mm, 60mm, etc.)
On the Metra kit I might use the reinforced factory ones. The kit seems to be pretty sturdy for what I can tell. I used the exact one in my personal SC and it did perfect. I think people were having trouble when the factory tabs that secures the radio to the console were broke. They are super flimsy and can be broke easy.

I will be using the Metra kit wiring harness but I am still not 100% yet. Since he already had a Alpine single din installed. I might use his existing wiring that is there. Again I will know more once the car is near complete. I bought the Metra kit just to have it in case I needed it. I would rather have it and not need it and need it and not have it. Jay has been waiting long enough and I didnt want a 10 dollar part holding more progress.

The gauge holder was bought at Advanced Auto Parts. I used the same but mine was a 3 pod holder. It was indeed painted but that plastic is a different texture. I put four coats on there after I sanded the holes to make the gauges fit snug. I also trimmed the holder on both sides about 1/4 inches. I did this for it to look more factory. Plus the use of the plastic caps and self tapping metal screws. Just be careful when drilling you dont hit the wires you ran up. I zip tied them againt the factory ones close to windshield. This assured me that I didnt hit anything. The gauges are 52mm I believe or close to that. Whatever the AEM ones are. I had to trim about 1-2mm for them to fit perfect and snug without using the bracket on the back.
Old 02-18-13, 04:53 PM
mattjk
Driver

How durable is the paint for the dash? Does it get shiny when it's handled? thanks
Old 02-18-13, 04:57 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by mattjk
How durable is the paint for the dash? Does it get shiny when it's handled? thanks
The paint is the same as for the rest of the pieces except the armrests on the door panels. I used the SEM gmc black for those two pieces. It holds up very well man. Nothing compares. It will maintain its finish for a very long time. Mine is done just over 2 years or longer and still looks like it did the day I painted it.
Old 02-18-13, 06:49 PM
snomanlex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every time I open this thread it always full of great progress. 1JZ you have been busting your tail and it really shows. Great job man
Old 02-18-13, 06:52 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by snomanlex
Every time I open this thread it always full of great progress. 1JZ you have been busting your tail and it really shows. Great job man
Well thank you. I am hoping this will generate some business for me in the near future. That was what I was hoping for.
Old 02-19-13, 06:04 PM
SliC300
Rookie

Good God! The shiny black...amazing! You sir, are incredibly talented
Old 02-19-13, 06:17 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Thanks man. I hope the rest of the parts will be back tomorrow. I need this car out of the driveway per the wife. Lol
Old 02-19-13, 08:03 PM
Supruxes
Driver

Just read the entire thread, amazing work.
Old 02-20-13, 11:22 AM
DRDOOM
Driver School Candidate

today 1jzpwrd I must say I hate you with a passion....you make this **** look so easy...I'm tearing apart my sc's interior and my *** hurts from sitting on the hump cause my seats are out, and between stripped bolts random parts that are unbolted but won't come out and tearing some of the card board type **** under the rear deck....lmao but it's coming along I'll make a thread soon on my interior rebuild as soon as a few more parts are out...can't wait to show off trying to get my **** cleaner then yours if thats even possible....
Old 02-20-13, 11:37 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I didnt have one rusted bolt in mine or Jays car. I consider myself lucky I suppose. Keep at it man. If you get frustrated just walk away and come back later. Time off and away is also a good thing. Anything can be cleaner than this if more time is spent on it. if I didnt have to replace all these parts with new ones, it would have been done already. I am going to install the driver door panel and the passenger seat today. If only the center vent and climate control was back.. I will post pictures if it when I am done completely. Some of the shots just doesnt do this any justice. I appreciate everyone's feedback on this car. I would like to start doing this for people in the near future with a minimum fee if course. Lol..

Quick Reply: Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!