Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-13, 08:19 AM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Looks ggod man. I am sure it is extra quiet now. I finsihed the door panels today and they turned out rather nicely. Wasnt too fond of some of the cracks, but I used and did what I could do. I am now waiting on the wood grain to painted and then reinstalled. The doors are quite heavy now.

Made some brackets to help hold the door to back panel, did this for both sides, worked like a champ, and super strong:

I also secured all of the screws on the back with a flat washer, the finshed product:

Some things also come in also:

The new center console cover also come in. I will finish up the Roadkill tomorrow on the floorboard, then remove the dash. There is supposed to be bad weather coming in tomorrow. Wish me luck.
I'm still so impressed with how good those doors came out. I'm currently doing the same to mine, but I think I touched the pieces a bit too early now I need more liquid nail. Any more details on the process with the liquid nail, sanding, and painting you can give us? The pieces I'm trying to glue back together aren't completely holding still. It's been 12 hours since I did it, I guess I should have waited longer before touching them, but I only touched to inspect I didn't man handle anything. Think I'm going to go for the all black interior as well. Picked up the SEM Landau Black, tested on the rear seat belt covers, came out awesome. Tried scratching them up a bit too and they held up very well with just one coat of paint. I didn't even prep them other then washing with warm water.

Last edited by Biddles; 04-14-13 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-14-13, 08:30 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Which liquid nails did you use? I used the one for plastic not for wood. That might be your problem. I also let mine set for 24 hours in the sun and near a heat source as much as possible. It you are using the right stuff then allow to set a little longer and see if it cures. Also did you use a huge portion or just where it needed it? Maybe just too thick which would require more dry time.
Glad to hear that it is holding up. I have always wondered how painted the actual seat belts would hold up... been wanting to try it for fun and see what happens. Good luck and if you have any more questions just post up or PM me.
Old 04-14-13, 01:02 PM
mattjk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which shift **** is that? only one that looks similar that I could find was for the STI 6spd. Thanks
Old 04-14-13, 01:07 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Not sure. I do know Zen Motors bought it for him. It is very nice. I can look at his Jays invoice and see if it has a part number or price for you.
Old 04-14-13, 01:09 PM
mattjk
Driver

It's ok, you don't have to go through the trouble, I'm 99% sure it is the STI ****. They only make two versions... thanks
Old 04-14-13, 01:13 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

No problem man.
Old 04-22-13, 08:54 AM
philllyj
Rookie

Mark I'm in complete of awe of the job you've done. My gawd, EPIC transformation that as many have said, sets the bar into the stratosphere. Your attention to detail is staggering. Congrats on a job well done!
Old 04-22-13, 09:35 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Thanks man. I appreciate the postive comments on my progress. I actual enjoyed doing this for him. I kinda want to do more of them...
Old 04-22-13, 10:42 AM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Great job Mark I'm sitting here at work with a bum leg on light duty n I started reading your post to get some ideas on my black n tan two tone job I'm going to do on my 92 sc 1 jz I just picked up recently . I was going to go all black as I love the look but my dash n door panels are in very good shape so I decided to put in black carpet black console cover n black armrest with the seats redone in pleather tan outsides with black inserts . I was so into the post I sat here n read the entire thing including the links great detail you did a awesome job for Jay . I have stripped a sc interior from a scrap car I bought ( black interior n picked it up for 400 what a deal ) to part out so I know for fact how much work goes into just taking those parts out much less the prep n paint n reinstalling , mad props bro
I would like to know what the paint guy used on the trim looks awesome was it laquer ? Or just enamel with lots of clear I'm going to put black trim on my dash too . Thanks again for a great write up . Tom
Old 04-22-13, 10:55 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Tom your so welcome man. I am glad so many people have found this thread entertainment! LOL... My buddy Tim said it was enamel. He said be wet sands after the first coat of clear. Total of five coats of clear. He does a great job for what he charges. It honestly is a very fair price. If I can anyway further just post up or PM me.
Old 05-09-13, 06:44 PM
gotboost00
Driver School Candidate

Can you please tell me what SEM paint you use on the door trims/panels and leather? It wasn't the Landau black was it? I thought that was only used on the dash/trim pieces. Thanks.
Old 05-09-13, 07:20 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by gotboost00
Can you please tell me what SEM paint you use on the door trims/panels and leather? It wasn't the Landau black was it? I thought that was only used on the dash/trim pieces. Thanks.
On the plastic pieces including the door, seats, dash, and panels, I used black landau. For the leather surfaces including the steering wheel outer part and the arm rest, I used gmc black. For the center console I recovered it with a new piece. Keep in mind Jays seats were recovered with synthetic leather more like pleather thus me using the black landau. Hope this clears up some guidance for you. Good luck!
Old 05-10-13, 07:54 AM
gotboost00
Driver School Candidate

On the plastic pieces including the door, seats, dash, and panels, I used black landau. For the leather surfaces including the steering wheel outer part and the arm rest, I used gmc black. For the center console I recovered it with a new piece. Keep in mind Jays seats were recovered with synthetic leather more like pleather thus me using the black landau. Hope this clears up some guidance for you. Good luck!
Thanks man. I appreciate the response. This thread has been an inspiration. I just picked up a black on black 5-spd 95' that I'm trying to restore to it's former glory.
Old 05-10-13, 08:09 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

No problem. Glad this helped you out in some way. Keep us posted on your results. Actually make a seperate thread on it. We will be able to critique your work!! Lol. Good luck
Old 05-10-13, 02:50 PM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Default Procedure

No problem. Glad this helped you out in some way. Keep us posted on your results. Actually make a seperate thread on it. We will be able to critique your work!! Lol. Good luck
Hey mark. I've been working on my interior redo and other mods taking pictures etc in case I decide to post a build thread . My question is I think I may have goofed on the SEM parts I followed the
Cleaning and the scuffing with pad then I sprayed the Prep spray. I didn't use sand free or another product before the color coat. Am I screwed. Pieces look n feel fine but I'm concerned maybe it won't hold up etc . What you think. Thanks tom

Quick Reply: Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!