Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

1990 ls400F .....?(build thread)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-13, 05:28 AM
j2b4o
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 ls400F .....?(build thread)

So I have been thinking long and hard about what my over all goal is for the car (90). I think the LS is damn near perfect but the one thing it lacks from the factory is an exhillerating driving experience. It's a bit dead feeling. Now that one of the bags finally blew (stock air) and I put some Megan's on I am realizing how much potential is here.
I have always loved the M5, it's probably my #1 car but the LS is an easy #2 and I'd like to make it more like the 5 bye making it more sporty and fun to drive.

The coilovers took care of much of the body roll (even on full soft). But she still nosedives a bit when really pushed. Overall she stays much much more level around turns now. I like the looks of the addco RSB so I plan on picking one up in the next few weeks (anyone have one?).

I am thinking about running straight pipes from the cats to single mufflers, but I also saw a vid on YouTube of a guy running a single pipe after the stock y all the way back and it sounded really good. Hard to decide, any opinions or experience would be great(I am reading threw archived exhaust threads).

I really want to gut all the stock air suspension parts ASAP but I'm having a rough time finding a diagram or part locations so any help with that would be great!

I'm not seeing a cam online anywhere so is my only option SC or Boost? I realize the ucf20 and up has the vvti engine but I really love the ucf10 body. Anyone running a tune on the stock motor with good results?

How are you guys dealing with fender well rub lowered? I have none now but with 18"x9-10 was considering pulling the plastic fender guard and fiberglassing over all the stuff it protects.

Anyone know for sure if the stock nak amp in the trunk powers the door speakers and the sub or just the sub??? I'm going to update the stereo a bit and I need to know.
Anyone make LED tails for the ucf10?

That's all I got right now, but if you have any advice or ideas how to make the car more sporty leme know!!

(Sorry no pics but I just posted like 3 in the pic thread and didn't want to **** her out lol)
Old 02-04-13, 06:34 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

join the lextreme forum and start reading. there are cams available for 1st gen cars. Max potential (NA) is heavily limited by cams and management before fuel and exhaust manifolds start coming into play. A well-sized (2.25" for NA, 2.5" for FI) dual exhaust with X pipe is what you'll be wanting.

Many of the questions you're asking have been answered before so i suggest combing through the stickies again. Compressor/dist block for the air i BELIEVE is located in/near the trunk, possibly accessible from underneath the car.
Old 02-05-13, 08:24 AM
j2b4o
Pole Position

gutted the air comp and related items(under front passenger corner). if anyone needs anything send me a pm.

looking for some more ways to loose weight. Ideas welcome!

did some more reading and I'm going to start modding the exhaust by removing the front resonator for a 2.5" pipe
Old 03-19-14, 02:34 AM
Tuha
Driver

Any progress on this one?
Old 03-28-14, 05:08 PM
j2b4o
Pole Position

No real progress to speak of unfortunately. I am extremely slow when it comes to making car mod decisions. I have made a few decisions but I have yet to actually do anything but maintenance. I'm going to try out some tein flex supra coils and see if I like it. It is a dual valved shock so it's more what I want in terms to ride quality. The Megan's are good for the price point but they just aren't really what I'm looking for. I'm going for a single exhaust because I prefer the sound it makes with these engines. Going to buy a standalone soon and start with exhaust and a tune and build on it from there. Other than that and some styling decisions all I have done is maintenance. Waiting for a free day with nice weather to do the TB, WP and such. Considering swapping starters while it's all apart (I realize it's not exposed doing the TB, I would just rather do all the deep jobs at once). I tried some Brembo rotors with akebono pads up front but I think I need the 2nd gen brake swap to be satisfied. Also on the list of things to do soon is new ecu and dash caps. I will try and remember to update the thread when I make progress but it will probably be slow.
Old 04-01-14, 01:08 AM
Tuha
Driver

Take your time and you will be happy with the end product. The waiting is tough though. I like the plans you have so hang in there.