Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

92 SC400 Turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-13, 12:31 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I am in agreeance with the others on here. I say spend the money wisely and do it right the first time even on a budget. We are telling you from personal experiences and research that has proven to have worked. That is indeed alot for a used turbo but a BW will be more efficient in my eyes. If you asked my opinion, I say continue to look and buy a turbo only once. BW is the only turbo I would buy. I am not saying you have bought a bad turbo but I am saying they are better ones out there for that kind of money. Let us know what your final decision is. Keep us posted.
Old 04-25-13, 01:06 PM
Blackzilla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

saved yet again by CL,
guess ill take my time rather than rushing and not being content will the final project, just wanna get some working pics posted for you guys so you can see im serious about the build! I am in search for a good BW turbo but local classifieds seem to have nothing of usable size for me, not really wanting to spend 899 on a new turbo but i guess we will see how it goes! yeah i figured 480 was overpriced also. thanks guys!
Old 04-25-13, 01:22 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You don't have to spend 899 on BW lol , Pm me i will tell you where you can get a brand new BW for almost the price of that used Turbo above!

There is a guy on here that diff a 1UZ swap in his MK3 with BW S366 that thing made some great power ! The S366 has beeen proven to work great on the 1UZ and i think you should stick with what works, it will save you alot of money in the long run.

GL with the project , i can't wait to see the finish product!
Old 04-26-13, 01:37 PM
Blackzilla
Driver School Candidate

PM sent, and yeah Ive been looking and seeing a lot of good things, looks like im well on my way, im going to take my engine out in a week or so to sizing everything up
Old 04-29-13, 03:22 PM
Blackzilla
Driver School Candidate

Awaiting Quicks reply i have been searching for a good priced S366, and have found this

http://www.smedingdiesel.com/product-p/177275.htm

What do you guys think about this price, and im pretty sure this is the one ive been recommended
Old 04-29-13, 06:45 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats cheaper than what I paid for mine BNB, by at least 125 bucks. What did Quick say?
Old 04-29-13, 08:32 PM
Blackzilla
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Thats cheaper than what I paid for mine BNB, by at least 125 bucks. What did Quick say?
He hasnt replied to me yet, still waiting.
Old 05-07-13, 04:47 PM
Blackzilla
Driver School Candidate

Updates guys I am selling my smaller turbo kit on the weekend so I'm buying the s366. Will my 38mm wasted ate be fine? And my size intercooler

Also, what about the flanges I will need? Could I get a link to buy them or do they come with the turbo
Old 05-08-13, 11:33 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackzilla
Updates guys I am selling my smaller turbo kit on the weekend so I'm buying the s366. Will my 38mm wasted ate be fine? And my size intercooler

Also, what about the flanges I will need? Could I get a link to buy them or do they come with the turbo
I'd recommend to use 44mm wastegate or at least 40mm. That IC is ok for 6 psi of boost. Are you talking about turbo flange or manifold flange?
Old 05-08-13, 11:31 PM
Blackzilla
Driver School Candidate

So now that I am piecing my setup together I have big questions about my ecu and tuning. I have a guy to do the tuning for me who is a regular tuner.

I have been reading about the 1uz having a "weak" factory ECU. Is this true and will I need a standalone or piggy back? And which brand have you guys had good results with
Old 05-09-13, 09:48 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

For 6 psi of boost, a piggyback ECU isn't really needed. All you need is a FMU 12:1 and a high flow high pressure fuel pump. I'd rather spend the money on a good turbo and materials than the ECU.

If you want an ECU, what's your budget?
Old 05-10-13, 02:34 PM
Blackzilla
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Stevechumo,

I was only checking if i needed to buy an ECU of if i could do it a different way and your explanation is quite clear. However ive been doing some looking around to find a new fuel pump and am having some troubles, anyone have a link where i can get one?

I read over at LEXTREME that the best place to put the FMU is on the return fuel line also, is this true?
Old 05-10-13, 05:50 PM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

eBay or Supraforums. The best upgrade is to get a Denso 1020 from/for a Supra TT.
Old 05-10-13, 09:44 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MMCtuner
eBay or Supraforums. The best upgrade is to get a Denso 1020 from/for a Supra TT.
Yep. Denso from Supra TT is the best. I think I saw it's sold new for only $240 online. I forgot the source.

You should get the Denso or Walbro that's to replace the stock pump. You'll only need cut & solder the wires and use zip ties to tie it to the pump bracket. Simple job. Make sure to use oil/fuel resistance wire cover heat shrink.
Old 05-12-13, 11:33 PM
Blackzilla
Driver School Candidate

Found the fuel pump im going to use. Cheap and its paypal so money is safe.

http://www.densofuelpump.com/

Good price id say

Quick Reply: 92 SC400 Turbo build