Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

93 SC400 codename: AAAAHAHHHHAH!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-13, 03:02 PM
grexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 93 SC400 codename: AAAAHAHHHHAH!!

So I just bought an SC400. It seems like a fun car, however it is not without a few problems... the main one I want to focus on is the doors. I am well aware that SC's doors are not designed to open super wide but these are terrible I cannot figure out what satanic mischief occurs in the hinge mechanism.. they open a total of 12-16 inchs max and the front of the door is hitting the back of the fender are there any books or diagrams of how these are supposed to work or how to repair them?
Thanks!
Old 02-19-13, 03:52 PM
Jos
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man, Welcome to the Club. Let's see some pictures!

A plethora of information is available on the forums if you spend some time searching with keywords and things that may pertain to you. Google will be your best friend. Type in ClubLexus then whatever you're searching for it'll really help you find what you're after.

As for the doors, this is a common problem with SC's. Mine did the same thing only a few weeks ago. Here's a thread I used to fix the issue:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...7-seconds.html

Again, welcome to the Club man.
Old 02-19-13, 04:16 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And this build thread is including a swap or conversion of what sort? Or is this thread simply a question? Cause it seems out of place...Welcome aboard.
Old 02-20-13, 04:43 PM
grexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies!
Jos- I will read over that thread and try it out on friday and maybe get some pics up if i can find a working camera! Will be fur shur hitting up the googles as well

turbodremz- This is more of a rebuilding thread at this point no major swaps planned at this time... I thought this was the most appropriate place for it. But once i get the car up and running and get bored of the V8 I may be swaping in a 20V turbo... 5 zylinder I had the hood open next to my audi yesterday and I thought wow! look at that FMIC and rad space!

Last edited by grexus; 02-20-13 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Referred to a thread as someone else's