Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

e46m3lol's never ending mod list (07is250) track/ show car | TONS OF PICS!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-13, 03:56 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had to get my windshield replaced today because a couple weeks back my car was hit my a rock or something on the fwy and it chipped the glass.... fast forward a week later, the crack had gone all the way to the top of the windshield

Cerritos Lexus was quoting me $998 just for the windshield alone. I got it done locally for 1/4 of that price.

Old 08-09-13, 02:41 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Took Eva into Cerritos Lexus and I told them I wanted to get my oil topped off as I was low about 1 quart since my oil change 2 weeks ago. All the porter guys there seemed lost as if they had never seen a Lexus before. I told them I was already on the waiting list for the engine overhaul and that it was a known issue that my car burns excessive amounts of oil. They acted like he had never heard of such a thing....

Old 08-09-13, 02:43 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Lexus of Cerritos has some of the worst technicians in their service department. I would avoid them like the black plague.
Old 08-09-13, 02:47 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by projectdna
Lexus of Cerritos has some of the worst technicians in their service department. I would avoid them like the black plague.
I'm debating if I should let them touch my engine with the whole overall procedure. I would assume that their porters would at least know how to check and top off my oil. Took them 3 people just to figure out how to do that.... I manage the performance department here at McKenna BMW, Audi and Porsche and all our porters are pretty knowledgeable about cars so that's how I'm basing my observations.
Old 08-09-13, 03:09 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by e46m3lol
I'm debating if I should let them touch my engine with the whole overall procedure. I would assume that their porters would at least know how to check and top off my oil. Took them 3 people just to figure out how to do that.... I manage the performance department here at McKenna BMW, Audi and Porsche and all our porters are pretty knowledgeable about cars so that's how I'm basing my observations.
Take your car to Longo Lexus for the overall procedure. If you don't already know a service advisor there, ask for Man Wong and tell him I referred you. He will take very good care of you! My family and myself have been taking our cars to him for over 10 years!
Old 08-09-13, 03:22 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

don't let them.

i haven't been to McKenna before, but a few of my friends have and they have nothing but good things to say about the service department. i can't say the same for Shelly BMW (don't get me started), but i digress.

Originally Posted by A_Grasso
Take your car to Longo Lexus for the overall procedure. If you don't already know a service advisor there, ask for Man Wong and tell him I referred you. He will take very good care of you! My family and myself have been taking our cars to him for over 10 years!
alternatively, drive a bit farther down (past Cerritos) to Lexus of Westminster and ask for Charlie Sarno or Pete Phat. both service technicians are great guys and come highly recommended.
Old 08-09-13, 03:32 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Thanks guys... overall I've heard nothing good from Cerritos. I'll talk to my service adviser there and tell her to cancel my order for the engine overhaul. I spoke to her today and she still gave me an ETA of 6-8 months. That was the ETA she gave me like 2 months ago. I've seen guys in the "carbon buildup thread" say that Longo only takes like 2-3 weeks tops. I'm clearly going to the wrong dealership!
Old 08-09-13, 03:59 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks guys... overall I've heard nothing good from Cerritos. I'll talk to my service adviser there and tell her to cancel my order for the engine overhaul. I spoke to her today and she still gave me an ETA of 6-8 months. That was the ETA she gave me like 2 months ago. I've seen guys in the "carbon buildup thread" say that Longo only takes like 2-3 weeks tops. I'm clearly going to the wrong dealership!
that should've been the tipping point. 6-8 months? unheard of.
Old 08-13-13, 08:37 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Yesterday night I was driving around Westminster area and my car suddenly started idling funny as soon as I came up to a light. Dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree with the VSC, check engine and traction control light. Drove it back home like that and the lights were still there this morning. Seems like another case of the engine misfire...

Took my baby into Longo Lexus as Graso had suggested. Right off the bat I could tell the overall difference in customer service. I dropped off my car this morning and he is going to get the process started so I can get the overhaul situation taken care of asap. He hooked me up with a Lexus loaner car as well (ct200h). This thing gets like a million miles per gallon.

I'll report back as soon as I hear an update from Mr. Wong, I would highly recommend him for anyone else looking to get their Lexus serviced.

Last edited by e46m3lol; 08-13-13 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-04-13, 11:41 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

So after having the car unwrapped for a couple weeks now... I have decided it's time for a new color.

I was toying with the idea of a complete murdered out theme. Gloss black or satin black. But... I thought to myself "has anyone here done a gloss or satin yellow 2is"

After many google searches I have managed to pull up nothing on the keyword searches. I'm sure someone out there has done a yellow 2is but I have yet to see it.

Should i pull the trigger on the yellow and have a yellow and black themed car?

Opinions please because I'll be buying the vinyl wrap within the next day or so.

Thanks!
Old 09-04-13, 11:46 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Had to get my windshield replaced today because a couple weeks back my car was hit my a rock or something on the fwy and it chipped the glass.... fast forward a week later, the crack had gone all the way to the top of the windshield

Cerritos Lexus was quoting me $998 just for the windshield alone. I got it done locally for 1/4 of that price.

-pic snip x3-
can you PM me the info for the shop that replaced your windshield? did the shop use OEM or aftermarket glass? I had a pre-existing rock chip that I tried the windshield glass repair thing on, but it looks worse than before. thanks in advance.
Old 09-04-13, 12:54 PM
RVCAis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Which pieces of the car will you plan on wrapping black, and what parts will be yellow?
Old 09-04-13, 04:44 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RVCAis250
Which pieces of the car will you plan on wrapping black, and what parts will be yellow?
The whole car would be either murdered out black on black or the car would be all yellow with black wheels, gloss black rood and black lexus logos and black grill.
Old 09-04-13, 06:19 PM
codenko
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A_Grasso
+1 for Man Wong. Has always taken care of me and is one of the reasons I will keep coming back to Longo even though I pass other dealerships to get there.
Old 09-04-13, 10:53 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would the yellow be like your orange? I like the idea of black on black on black but with no repercussion for my actions and the fact you've gone brighter, I say go ball to the wall matte yellow... LoL

Whatever you do, I'm sure it'll be good. Plus you could say first yellow 2IS - you know because there was a couple yellow first gens out there

Quick Reply: e46m3lol's never ending mod list (07is250) track/ show car | TONS OF PICS!!