Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My 97 sc300 NA-T 6 speed AEM with LQ9 coils build

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-13, 12:39 PM
Answer300
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

I love how you are putting work into this car! Stay motivated man.
Old 12-16-13, 09:25 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brought an aem v2 with flex fuel sensor. Let see how this goes. Eventually I will probably get a proefi.
Old 12-17-13, 09:13 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jwin
Brought an aem v2 with flex fuel sensor. Let see how this goes. Eventually I will probably get a proefi.
Last thing i know is you have this car sent to a shop for the pipings... just wondering where you at now and I am as much excited to see a video of this car running
Old 12-17-13, 11:52 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Just waiting for the new computer to come in and then off to the tuner.
Old 12-17-13, 05:22 PM
2jz610
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice build
Old 12-17-13, 09:44 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

I put the AEM v2 up for sale. I have decided that I really want the proefi and figured I wouldn't be truly happy with the car until I get what I want. I was trying to save a few or A LOT of bucks by going AEM v2. I keep wishing I would have gotten the proefi instead. So for the time being the AEM v2 is for sale and if I don't sell it then I will just keep it to get my car running. Someone buy the AEM v2 from me. It is OBO so don't hestiate to make an offer. Reasonable one please.
Old 12-18-13, 02:39 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Jimmy - have you at least connected the V2 to your car and check wether sensors are registering the right values to verify that all your wirings / connections are correct ? That will confirms also if the V1 you just sold had really a problem since you cannot connect to it. The AEM v2 is plug and play and you don't need any patch harness. It becomes at little bit more tricky with the PROEFI with the patch harness or worse if you have to modify your wiring to mate directly to the proefi connectors / ecu.
Old 12-18-13, 03:15 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

no I haven't connected the v2 to my car yet i am still waiting for it to get here. It should be here in a few days and i will definitely connect it to my car and drive it to the shop. I will get a base map to get the car running so i can drive it. If its not sold by that time it will get tuned on the aem v2 with flex fuel and thats how the car will stay. I was waiting for the proefi holiday sale and the price that was given to me was too much for me at this point then i saw the price without the Color Can display and that was more in my price range but the AEM v2 was already brought.. Either way the car will be running soon. D3 engineering's Chris Delgado here in Houston will be doing the tune on the car. I feel confident about his ability on figuring out if it is my harness or just the AEM or my lack of AEM v1 connectivity knowledge.

I am ready to get this baby on the road. Gotta stop changing my mind after I have purchase parts. It kills the speed of my build.
Old 12-18-13, 03:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jwin
no I haven't connected the v2 to my car yet i am still waiting for it to get here. It should be here in a few days and i will definitely connect it to my car and drive it to the shop. I will get a base map to get the car running so i can drive it. If its not sold by that time it will get tuned on the aem v2 with flex fuel and thats how the car will stay. I was waiting for the proefi holiday sale and the price that was given to me was too much for me at this point then i saw the price without the Color Can display and that was more in my price range but the AEM v2 was already brought.. Either way the car will be running soon. D3 engineering's Chris Delgado here in Houston will be doing the tune on the car. I feel confident about his ability on figuring out if it is my harness or just the AEM or my lack of AEM v1 connectivity knowledge.

I am ready to get this baby on the road. Gotta stop changing my mind after I have purchase parts. It kills the speed of my build.
You can't go wrong with Chris. Nice guy. He answered a lot of my questions about PROEFI ... very helpful.

If you have already all the sensors , all you need is the proefi ecu and patch harness which is less than $2500. What makes it pricey is when you buy the display , cable and nice to have stuff. Its a little bit trickier to setup though than the AEMs but I couldn't have made a better decision replacing my AEM v2 with the proEFI even if I have yet to learn a lot about it.
Old 01-23-14, 03:37 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Today I sold my AEM v2 setup and will be orderig a Proefi kit today as well. I have been so busy moving into my new house and getting the garage ready so I can move the sc and tools over to the new house. The SC has been sitting idle for a long long time now. With all the chaos now over I can turn some of my attention to the sc. March 1 is my deadline. Hopefully it will be ready for tx2k14

The new house

Painted the garage floor with Sherwin William ArmorSeal 1000HS. Still need to apply clear coat on it.

Liftmaster 8500 wall mounted garage door with internet. Its super quiet and it leaves the ceiling open and free in the garage.Hopefully I could install a lift my garage one day. I have an extra one btw if anyone wants to buy it.

Everything is almost ready for me to move my garage from my old house to the new house and finally finish the sc.

To do list for the sc. It actually has been in the state for about 6 months or so.
buy and install proefi
install power steering cooler
install Coolant reservoir
Install fuel rail
modify fan shroud for mk4 radiator (not a must)
Buy and install new crank pulley with belt. (not a must to get the car running)
Schedule a tune with DP3 with Chris D.

Hopefully it will be done by the end of Feb.

Last edited by jwin; 01-23-14 at 03:50 AM.
Old 01-23-14, 03:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Nice .. a lot going on there huh ! You got good people knowledgeable with proEFI in your area. My MKIV built by Boostlogic with proEFI is still flawless.
Old 01-23-14, 03:52 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
Nice .. a lot going on there huh ! You got good people knowledgeable with proEFI in your area. My MKIV built by Boostlogic with proEFI is still flawless.
A little bit too much going on. I was going to part ways with my SC, but my wife wouldn't let me she says I am too close. Its hard press for me to have time to even mess with it due to time spent with family and work, but I gotta make time to get that thing running so I can actually enjoy it.
Old 01-23-14, 04:53 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats bro on the new home, it's a good feeling isn't it? Smart move on the flooring too! Can't wait to see that SC sleeping in there!

steve
Old 01-23-14, 08:32 AM
EdGyWoN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new home. Keep at it with the sc she'll be a beast when your done. I'm glad you stuck with the build. Family is important and as a single dad myself I know how difficult it can be to balance priorities. Looking forward to see video of the sc running and nice job on this write up!
Old 01-23-14, 09:21 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats bro. We are going to start building next year. Just closed on both lots in sub division we are in now. I've been looking at lifts for the garage. Can't wait to have a three car garage again. I miss my three car garage in my old house.

Shane
Attached Thumbnails My 97 sc300 NA-T 6 speed AEM with LQ9 coils build-lex.jpg  

Quick Reply: My 97 sc300 NA-T 6 speed AEM with LQ9 coils build