Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

TI II-NotAnother2ndGenGSBuildThreadButOhWell

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-13, 10:25 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 383 Likes on 225 Posts

The car is coming along nicely, although why would you put a SportDesign badge on the car when it isn't?
Old 05-03-13, 12:30 AM
sucessr1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interior looks good
Old 05-03-13, 03:41 AM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Strut bar is almost impossible to find. Well anything TRD for that matter. They come up for sale every now and then.

Yeah they can cut the key based off a picture. PM me and I will see if I still have the ebay link.

The reasoning for the SD badge is pretty much the car is an SD (cosmetically) . I'm really only missing the interior and a few minor +01 improvements. It's not like I put a GS430 badge on it.
Old 05-03-13, 05:44 AM
sinistervr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the black and ovory, but i think if everything was black, like dash and whole door panel, with just the leather in ivory, arm rest and leather inside the door panel, it would look killer...

i also see you some morning on 92 heading toward the 400. i just moved here so your car stuck out to me
Old 05-03-13, 06:59 AM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Oh what's up! Yeah you have the gold GS. The stance and wheels look dope on your GS. We have to link up one day. Ide like to see it.

I may do the dash and top panels. It would be easier to do all black seats though.

Last edited by SprtDesign; 05-03-13 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-03-13, 07:16 AM
gittert
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TI II
Strut bar is almost impossible to find. Well anything TRD for that matter. They come up for sale every now and then.

Yeah they can cut the key based off a picture. PM me and I will see if I still have the ebay link.

The reasoning for the SD badge is pretty much the car is an SD (cosmetically) . I'm really only missing the interior and a few minor +01 improvements. It's not like I put a GS430 badge on it.
I have sent you a PM
Old 05-03-13, 12:22 PM
sinistervr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TI II
Oh what's up! Yeah you have the gold GS. The stance and wheels look dope on your GS. We have to link up one day. Ide like to see it.

I may do the dash and top panels. It would be ea
sier to do all black seats though.
not me, i got the silver gs. i was driving next to you a few times, only reason i know it was yuo is sport design emblem on the fenders.. im in rosewll
Old 05-03-13, 12:40 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

love what you did with the interior
Old 05-08-13, 05:59 PM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Couple of shots of the headliner (Lude wanted)

Old 05-08-13, 06:16 PM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Also decided to switch up the front end a little...

JDM TOM's grill. Basically a JDM grill shell with TOM's mesh & emblem. The mesh is the same gunmetal grey shade as the SD headlights. Going to paint the shell DWP.
Old 05-09-13, 07:28 AM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Did some updating to the headlights. My dr. side headlight was damaged in an accident and had stress cracks in the plastic. Brought a lens off a forum member and decided to install.

Wet sanded and polished the head light lens. 800 - 1000 - 1500 - 2000 - 3000 grit. The 800 left some fine scratches but i'll attack it again once the butyl sets up.

I had a heat gun and opted to open the lens w/o using the oven method. It did warp the housing a little from me prying on the edges but flattened out once I put the butyl in the edges once resealed.

I left the oem koito gray glue in the housing and just made a channel to put the butyl. heated it up and reassembled. The mixture of black/grey looked odd so I sprayed the edges visible flat black.

Installed.

Old 05-09-13, 10:17 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

This car is looking awesome! I really commend the interior project. Its a very modern spin like all manufacturer's nowadays and more predominantly BMW with their 'base' black in all interiors and certain surfaces in another color.

However that taupe top half is throwing the eyes off a little bit, if it were straight ivory like the rest of the interior it'd be perfect! [imo] but then it's an afternoon project painting the dash/doors instead of a quick swap.

Great job and solid taste in cars/mods!
Old 05-09-13, 10:36 AM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah the Taupe clashes. I'll either paint the dash and the upper half of the doors black. Or the easier route would be to make the seat covers taupe or black.

The odd thing about the Lexus GS interiors is that the only one that totally flows is the Grey/Grey option. Even the Black interior GS's have a light grey top interior. (sunvisor, headliner pillars are all light grey) The oddest one to me is the Saddle int. (Saddle, black bottom half and light grey top.)

More than likey i'll switch up the seats to black.
Old 05-09-13, 04:53 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Yeah the "ivory" seems to have the beige tips, yet all other had grey
Old 05-14-13, 06:21 PM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Update:

Suspension is complete. I found a set of Tein CS coilovers for an great price but come to find out the fronts are blown. Tein takes quite awhile for rebuilds, so I oped to sell my current suspension and just run spring/shock combo up front.

Got a set of Bilstein sports and Swift springs and installed.

This has got to be the best dampening/spring # rate I've experienced. I guess most don't run Swift springs due to the drop (1") but that was easily solved by SAGE 30mm RCA's.

Before the RCA's were installed:

Perfect ride quality for a 19", 35 series. Love it!

-I'll get a pic of the (after 30mm RCA's)

Quick Reply: TI II-NotAnother2ndGenGSBuildThreadButOhWell