Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

Silver750's street build

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-13, 03:09 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Bing does amazing , meticulous work. looks great.
Old 12-29-13, 03:31 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Epic! Nice effort!
Old 12-29-13, 07:09 PM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazy built Jess! So what's next? Lol
Old 12-30-13, 06:52 AM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

Nicely done!!!
Old 12-30-13, 10:14 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

As an audiophile to another beautiful setup! But, I remember looking into the mosconi a few years back when I was buying some Utopias for the house, and I remember they are powerhouses and require tons of current. you have any electrical issues? What modifications did they have to do to the factory electrical?
Old 12-30-13, 01:09 PM
ricky350is
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice work! I like the white on carbon schema
Old 12-30-13, 04:03 PM
silver750
Driver

Originally Posted by StealthFF
As an audiophile to another beautiful setup! But, I remember looking into the mosconi a few years back when I was buying some Utopias for the house, and I remember they are powerhouses and require tons of current. you have any electrical issues? What modifications did they have to do to the factory electrical?
To be honest, I went with a more aesthetically pleasing setup. SiS happens to have a good relationship with Mosconi so I'm guessing the pricing is probably a bit more favorable for them as an installer. I was told that if I wanted to compete with this system, it could stand a very good chance of winning.

Arc Audio, Audison, were some of the other brands available, but the Mosconi's looked the best

According to Bing, the alternator on the IS-F is more than adequate to handle the amps. No modifications at all to the factory electrical system. No caps either!
Old 01-01-14, 04:06 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I will agree with the aluminum chassis, and heat-sinks well incorporated into that nicely finished housing it looks as good as Ive heard them sound.

I was more or less wondering about the power factor correction in respect to use of a capacitor, not a battery which I didn't see in the install pics, and which of they could have nicely concealed in the respectable install. But, if there really isnt some form of integrated power correction it may be hindering function and capability of all on board components when influx of current is demanded by the amplifiers, and not to forget other sensitive equipment on board which could cause errors from the on board ECU dependent on how serious the voltage drop may be under strenuous use. Because if that unregulated amplifier can pull up to 92 amps so that's the only reason I show concern...

Oh, and get some Leatherique prestine clean and rejuvenator to preserve those white seats!! I see buildup and creasing going on..just two cents to help
Old 01-04-14, 01:08 PM
16psibrick
Rookie

Originally Posted by StealthFF
I will agree with the aluminum chassis, and heat-sinks well incorporated into that nicely finished housing it looks as good as Ive heard them sound.

I was more or less wondering about the power factor correction in respect to use of a capacitor, not a battery which I didn't see in the install pics, and which of they could have nicely concealed in the respectable install. But, if there really isnt some form of integrated power correction it may be hindering function and capability of all on board components when influx of current is demanded by the amplifiers, and not to forget other sensitive equipment on board which could cause errors from the on board ECU dependent on how serious the voltage drop may be under strenuous use. Because if that unregulated amplifier can pull up to 92 amps so that's the only reason I show concern...

Oh, and get some Leatherique prestine clean and rejuvenator to preserve those white seats!! I see buildup and creasing going on..just two cents to help

I for one never believe caps To me it is a bandaid solution, if you have slight light dimming, a cap may help but really its not needed, if you have severe lights dimming, adding a cap will infact, place a bigger load on the alternator.

when listening to normal music, the 2gen IS's alternator is fine, infact, most car's alternators are fine for everyday listening. remember that though these two amps have 200 ampsof on board fusing, the only time you would ever possibly approach that is if you bridged both down to 2ohms, and played tones, all day...normal music listening i would say average current draw is less than half, if not a 1/3 of that, with bursts of over 100 when a big bass note hits.

this has been my experience at least over the last 15 or so IS builds we have done I am fairly sure the AS line, as with most Mosconi amps, have very tightly regulated power supplies
Old 01-04-14, 01:26 PM
djoxx
Driver School Candidate

clean work kid
Old 02-28-14, 03:44 PM
silver750
Driver

Spring refresh update:

Volk TE37's refinished to F-Zero blue to give the car better contrast and to pull color out. JDM window visors, and flat bottom steering wheel have been added.

Interior LED modifications and under the hood aesthetics are next. It never stops!

Photo courtesy of KChow Photography.
Attached Thumbnails Silver750's street build-st.jpg  
Old 02-28-14, 04:24 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

nice.. I like their mag blue color much more but that color is good too
Old 02-28-14, 05:41 PM
Mydogbella
Pole Position

Very nice.
Old 03-02-14, 01:37 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its aight..lol.. jk. good job Jessi. Hopefully its doesnt rian today so we can get our shot in.
Old 03-02-14, 08:49 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

looks sexy man

Quick Reply: Silver750's street build