Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

LOL M3 2012 ISF Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-14, 05:58 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just read through your entire build and it is very impressive...I like the Works wheels (I am currectly running the CV3 - 20in)...what are the specs on your Works wheels (wheels offset and tires)

Also I saw you mentioned Advan...I am looking hard at the RG-D (black) for my ISF...which ones are you going to get (specs please).

Again great build!!!
Old 05-08-14, 08:52 AM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
That HAS to be the SF Japantown garage hehe
Yep it is!

Originally Posted by tmf2004
great pics . is f is looking sick. like the tail lights
Thank you!

Originally Posted by MYISF
Just read through your entire build and it is very impressive...I like the Works wheels (I am currectly running the CV3 - 20in)...what are the specs on your Works wheels (wheels offset and tires)

Also I saw you mentioned Advan...I am looking hard at the RG-D (black) for my ISF...which ones are you going to get (specs please).

Again great build!!!
Thanks, they are 19x9.5+30 with a 245/40/19 and 19x10.5+40 with a 285/35/19.
Yup it's on backorder but I ordered a set of RZ-DFs in a similar finish to my works. The specs are the same except the offsets are a bit more aggressive at +25/+35
Old 05-08-14, 09:16 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LOLM3
Thanks, they are 19x9.5+30 with a 245/40/19 and 19x10.5+40 with a 285/35/19.
Yup it's on backorder but I ordered a set of RZ-DFs in a similar finish to my works. The specs are the same except the offsets are a bit more aggressive at +25/+35
Cool...thanks...I think I saw that you rolled your fenders early on but with the Works wheels and those offsets do you think one would have to roll their fenders or not...probably at least the fronts?

Yes that is an aggressive offset especially for the front...it should look great those and the RZ-DF's are very cool looking wheels...but DUDE no more 5 spoke...LMAO I saw that earlier post where someone was ******* the look of 5 spoke wheels on the ISF...I think to "each his own" and my Vossen CV3 wheel's look friggin awesome and I get tons of complements...only reason thinking about some day going to the RG-D is for more performance (look and handling)...but OH NO...that would push me to 6 spokes...Ha! Ha! Ha!
Old 05-08-14, 11:51 AM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Cool...thanks...I think I saw that you rolled your fenders early on but with the Works wheels and those offsets do you think one would have to roll their fenders or not...probably at least the fronts?

Yes that is an aggressive offset especially for the front...it should look great those and the RZ-DF's are very cool looking wheels...but DUDE no more 5 spoke...LMAO I saw that earlier post where someone was ******* the look of 5 spoke wheels on the ISF...I think to "each his own" and my Vossen CV3 wheel's look friggin awesome and I get tons of complements...only reason thinking about some day going to the RG-D is for more performance (look and handling)...but OH NO...that would push me to 6 spokes...Ha! Ha! Ha!
Hahah yeah Pat likes to keep things interesting..I guess everyone in LA has 5 spokes. I loved my Vossens until I realized how heavy they were and how plain/dull they looked compared to the Works.

See what I mean

I believe someone on here has/had RG-Ds on their ISF, they certainly are lighter and provide better performance than the Vossens. But hey that extra spoke makes a big difference, you won't be like every other ISF lol
Old 05-08-14, 03:24 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Hahah yeah Pat likes to keep things interesting..I guess everyone in LA has 5 spokes. I loved my Vossens until I realized how heavy they were and how plain/dull they looked compared to the Works.

I believe someone on here has/had RG-Ds on their ISF, they certainly are lighter and provide better performance than the Vossens. But hey that extra spoke makes a big difference, you won't be like every other ISF lol
Too funny...I really don't make my mod decisions based on what others think...unless they are willing to pay for them...

I like the works and I know u r not a fan of the "black out"...man what is wrong with you? Just kidding as like I said "to each his own" and I love the way your car looks even though I may have done some things different...I am doing the "Black out" theme on my car and so I would want black RG-D wheels and yes I think I saw them on a white ISF on CL...can't wait to see your new wheels! Great build!!!
Old 05-08-14, 08:23 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Too funny...I really don't make my mod decisions based on what others think...unless they are willing to pay for them...

I like the works and I know u r not a fan of the "black out"...man what is wrong with you? Just kidding as like I said "to each his own" and I love the way your car looks even though I may have done some things different...I am doing the "Black out" theme on my car and so I would want black RG-D wheels and yes I think I saw them on a white ISF on CL...can't wait to see your new wheels! Great build!!!
Haha yeah I just think black and silver aren't the greatest combos when you have chrome trim, the trim fits in well with the silver. Any other color looks fine blacked out to be honest. We'll see I kind of want a set of darker wheels now haha.
Old 05-08-14, 08:23 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Copying this from my other thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tin-black.html

I was really hesitant to dismantle my car to wrap it, I am glad I caved. I finished the car in 5 days and I made sure I did at least 3 panels a day (not easy after a long day at work). Honestly the Wald trunk spoiler and the rear bumper gave me the most grief otherwise it went very smoothly. I also painted my calipers highlighter yellow-green I think it contrasts the satin black nicely. With that said I took a lot of pictures and I am quite happy with how it turned out. Just to clarify this is not Matte Black (aka chalkboard/primer).
I'll get better pictures at some point.

Also as a side note, a few days ago I ordered a set of Novel headers!

The Result:

The Process:

Last edited by LOLM3; 05-08-14 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-08-14, 08:31 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

lol oooo baby
your gonna love the novel headers
i love mine
Old 05-09-14, 04:04 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Man that wrap job looks "Sick"...the whole car looks great...I would not change a thing! Including the wheels...LMAO!
Old 05-09-14, 10:03 AM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ilv1004s
lol oooo baby
your gonna love the novel headers
i love mine
Awesome! Can't wait for them to come in

Man that wrap job looks "Sick"...the whole car looks great...I would not change a thing! Including the wheels...LMAO!
Thanks man, an extra set of wheels never hurts
Old 05-09-14, 04:05 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Thanks man, an extra set of wheels never hurts

I hear u as I have only had my CV3 wheels three weeks and I am already thinking about down the road how I want to go back to 19 or 18 in and lower my car and make it have more of a track look to it...one day.
Old 05-10-14, 12:38 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

See what I mean

I DO keep it interesting

and yes bro, Vossens are dull.. everyone hypes them up but 90% of the time they get them cause everyone else has them lol
Old 05-10-14, 05:55 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFpat
and yes bro, Vossens are dull.. everyone hypes them up but 90% of the time they get them cause everyone else has them lol
Dude you crack me up...u actually think I bought CV3 wheels because everyone has them...NOT! I bought them because they fit my need for what look I was going for...believe me (you can ask my wheel guy) as I considered many many wheels...and this is what I thought would gvie my ISF the look I wanted (for now)...LMAO!!!

Last edited by MYISF; 05-10-14 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-10-14, 01:59 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dude you crack me up...u actually think I bought CV3 wheels because everyone has them...NOT! I bought them because they fit my need for what look I was going for...believe me (you can ask my wheel guy) as I considered many many wheels...and this is what I thought would gvie my ISF the look I wanted (for now)...LMAO!!!
lol don't get mad at me.. my friends work for Vossen and none of their cars run Vossen wheels.. that already tells you a lot.

They are cheap cast wheels with very little size options meant to cater to the low end market. They do have awesome marketing (which my friends do). Not hating just stating facts I've ran Volk/Work/Advan and after seeing the quality from those brands, you'll never want to take a step back unless you're financially restricted.. just IMO don't hate me for throwing out the truth.
Old 05-14-14, 12:41 PM
Andrew@SonicMS
Former Sponsor

Looks good Kyle!

Quick Reply: LOL M3 2012 ISF Build