Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2JZGTE rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-13, 04:25 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Dennis - do you mop , wax and floor polish that garage daily ? IT IS ALWAYS SHINY !!!

Get that engine into the car since you told me you bought your ECU already. .. That engine is CLEAN !!!

Old 09-07-13, 07:06 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=gerrb;8128957]Dennis - do you mop , wax and floor polish that garage daily ? IT IS ALWAYS SHINY !!!

Get that engine into the car since you told me you bought your ECU already. .. That engine is CLEAN !!!

I have to keep it clean because that is where i go to sleep haha.
Old 09-07-13, 07:09 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Old 09-07-13, 07:11 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

My own Christmas gift, to be opened December 2013

Old 09-08-13, 06:39 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Damn man , you have heard Mark's experience about that cap you have on the water pump. Now I see you added two more vacuum caps on the water neck . Are you freaking crazy ? or I would say hard headed ? ...lmaol... well it's your car and money after all...we are just spectators, right ? But don't call me and tell me you blew your gasket later.. lol.

You better listen to what Mark (1JZPWRD) said ...either get those welded shut or use something better. The heat and pressure will pinch a hole on those caps. And besides looking at your pictures, those water neck nipples seems to be on the way for your compressor housing intake pipe.. or maybe it's just the angle of the picture taken. But I must give it to you , you indeed are clean freak...that engine bay I would imagine will be like new at the start.

Done with your wiring yet ? I know it is overwhelming at the start due to the number of wires but It ain't hard. With what you have told me you can do , I know you can pull it off on that harness. You save tons of money which you can use for other parts . You already have an Aristo 2jzgte harness , most of it is just extending then incorporate your sc300 body plugs / wiring. And yours is even a lot easier since you are on manual transmission. You don't need all those wirings for the auto tranny.

Last edited by gerrb; 09-08-13 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-08-13, 07:46 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Its hard to tell what type of caps those are. They might be coolant style ones. Anyway, the build looks great man. That BW just screams for boost at the upper levels of 21 pounds or more.... You will love it. I am on the fence about an open dump tube. I had that originally on mine, but over time, I got tired of it. It is now routed back into the exhaust. After driving Jay's car around, I miss the open dump...
Old 09-08-13, 08:57 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gerrb
Damn man , you have heard Mark's experience about that cap you have on the water pump. Now I see you added two more vacuum caps on the water neck . Are you freaking crazy ? or I would say hard headed ? ...lmaol... well it's your car and money after all...we are just spectators, right ? But don't call me and tell me you blew your gasket later.. lol.

You better listen to what Mark (1JZPWRD) said ...either get those welded shut or use something better. The heat and pressure will pinch a hole on those caps. And besides looking at your pictures, those water neck nipples seems to be on the way for your compressor housing intake pipe.. or maybe it's just the angle of the picture taken. But I must give it to you , you indeed are clean freak...that engine bay I would imagine will be like new at the start.
Yes I will change it, not prioritizing that now. I should have welded everything before putting them back on. I also need to cap the one next to the firewall... I'll do them when I get a chance. Busy cleaning my floor haha.
Old 09-08-13, 09:00 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Its hard to tell what type of caps those are. They might be coolant style ones. Anyway, the build looks great man. That BW just screams for boost at the upper levels of 21 pounds or more.... You will love it. I am on the fence about an open dump tube. I had that originally on mine, but over time, I got tired of it. It is now routed back into the exhaust. After driving Jay's car around, I miss the open dump...
Caps are pretty thick, but just like you what have said, I am sure they will dry rot really quick.

Was your dump tube really loud?
Old 09-08-13, 09:21 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JesLet
I have to keep it clean because that is where i go to sleep haha.
Now I know .. why the garage is always shiny !

That is where you lay the mattress to sleep on every time your wife catches you getting some coins from the piggy bank to buy some stuff for your engine ... lmaol.

Seriously , that car be better running good and you take me for a ride when I go to Vegas to pick up what we have been talking about.
Old 09-08-13, 09:40 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Now I know .. why the garage is always shiny !

That is where you lay the mattress to sleep on every time your wife catches you getting some coins from the piggy bank to buy some stuff for your engine ... lmaol.

Seriously , that car be better running good and you take me for a ride when I go to Vegas to pick up what we have been talking about.
You really are going to Vegas are you? Well tell you what, its no fun going to Vegas with a wife. It is like going to strip club and she watches you the whole time
Old 09-08-13, 12:31 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Caps are pretty thick, but just like you what have said, I am sure they will dry rot really quick.

Was your dump tube really loud?
Yeah it was, especially above 5K rpm. I am still on the fence whether to have mine reopened or not. Who knows???
Old 10-20-13, 08:07 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Ready to take out your engine ? Have you checked how much it will cost to ship 2jzge block to me ? just the lower block. Even better just the crank and block.
Old 10-20-13, 09:10 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Ready to take out your engine ? Have you checked how much it will cost to ship 2jzge block to me ? just the lower block. Even better just the crank and block.
Yes, I will be draining the oil, coolant, all fluids, etc this Thursday. Damn how engines are you building now?
Old 10-20-13, 01:14 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Yes, I will be draining the oil, coolant, all fluids, etc this Thursday. Damn how engines are you building now?
Wish you were near , so we can lend a helping hand !

Me ??? How many am I building now ? NONE . My black mamba project engine will be built by the pros. I am not taking the risk and play around on a $15k engine internals (block / head) . With 4 cars with boosted 2jzgte ... I am just collecting the 2jz blocks and cranks. They will come handy in the future.
Old 10-20-13, 06:20 PM
lexspra11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks awesome !!! post some pics when its done cant wait to check it out

Quick Reply: 2JZGTE rebuild