Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2JZGTE rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-13 | 07:20 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JesLet
That was my '92 SC400 back in 2008, I hit the center barrier of the freeway lol.

I like yours bacause it is1 of 120 manuals, and it has black interior
Well .. I would be damned .. that is 1900 miles trip one way . You are the fourth person who is now interested on that shell and Rey is like a child with all kinds of sweets infront of him and do not know what to get... His text messages are driving me crazy seriously . ( Rey - peace ) .
Old 10-25-13 | 07:24 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

I would be in the same shoe as Rey, he has 3 very young kids.. I have 2 dogs and they poop everywhere, imagine the responsibilty on that!
Old 10-25-13 | 07:28 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I would be in the same shoe as Rey, he has 3 very young kids.. I have 2 dogs and they poop everywhere, imagine the responsibilty on that!
hahaha ... You and Rey are impulsive buyers I know you saw a crank pulley on the ad section and just becaus it was bling bling and it was PHR , you were about to grab it without researching if it was good for your engine ... I guess I can't blame you, I used to be the same !!!
Old 10-25-13 | 08:11 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Moar pics of engine being pulled!!
Old 10-25-13 | 08:36 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Moar pics of engine being pulled!!
Im lazy at the moment haha
Old 10-25-13 | 02:34 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Removing stuff at the engine bay is done. I just need to remove clutch slave, trans crossmember, exhaust/trans bracket and its ready to lift.

I have a question though, when I removed the harness from the firewall, I have no idea where this litlle white plug was connected.. any ideas?

Old 10-25-13 | 03:04 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Removing stuff at the engine bay is done. I just need to remove clutch slave, trans crossmember, exhaust/trans bracket and its ready to lift.

I have a question though, when I removed the harness from the firewall, I have no idea where this litlle white plug was connected.. any ideas?
'
LMAOL , you spend more time on coffee break and on the forums than working on the car the whole day that's the reason all you accomplished today was remove bolts / nuts and some wiring.That engine should have been out by midday.

Kidding aside , that white connector you are pointing at I believe is not connected to anything that is why it is tied down to the harness. Those wires I believe are connected in parallel to another connector. Some cars uses the bigger connector some will use the smaller connector. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Hey , you think the tub is strong enough to hold that whole short block ? I calculated shipping through UPS with the measurement and weight you gave me it is around $180.

Last edited by gerrb; 10-25-13 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-25-13 | 03:11 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

I get hungry every hour... don't know why. I'm not diabetic. Lol.

When I got my GTE block tanked, it was pretty heavy without the internals. I would assume it's around 70 lbs. Those tubs should do the job.. I'm gonna go to Wal-mart later and see if I can find the right size tub. Should be doable, that is how Marlin Crawler send their transmissions to customers.... from what i've read.

Double tub should hold the weight, I 'll put 2x4 wood on the bottom and top so it won't move around and protect the crank since it will not have an oil pan.
Old 10-25-13 | 03:14 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I get hungry every hour... don't know why. I'm not diabetic. Lol.

When I got my GTE block tanked, it was pretty heavy without the internals. I would assume it's around 70 lbs. Those tubs should do the job.. I'm gonna go to Wal-mart later and see if I can find the right size tub. Should be doable, that is how Marlin Crawler send their transmissions to customers.... from what i've read.
lol.. damn you are on recess every hour ?

Make sure get a tub that would do the job. I sent a differential in a tub to Mark and the freaking tub was all falling apart when it reached Mark and he is just neighboring state from me. Maybe place a wood at the the bottom of the tub so its sharp edges wont damage the tub. And no hurry .. just put it aside and do it whenever. I don't need it for now . I will send you the UPS shipping labels when its ready.
Old 10-25-13 | 03:15 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

You've told me before if I take off that charcoal canister it will smell fuel... can you smell it from inside the car?

I want to put my Greddy bling-bling oil catch can on that space.
Old 10-25-13 | 03:17 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gerrb
lol.. damn you are on recess every hour ?

Make sure get a tub that would do the job. I sent a differential in a tub to Mark and the freaking tub was all falling apart when it reached Mark and he is just neighboring state from me. Maybe place a wood at the the bottom of the tub so its sharp edges wont damage the tub.
Yes, I am actually going to Subway after I type this post lol.

I'll find a tub later and treat my wife at Barro's Pizza ( yes eating again!!! ). I know those Balikbayan boxes won't do the job

Oh yeah, I should've bought an E10 torx, I could be done by now!
Old 10-25-13 | 03:20 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

You've told me before if I take off that charcoal canister it will smell fuel... can you smell it from inside the car?

I want to put my Greddy bling-bling oil catch can on that space.
right now it won't smell ... when you get your car running again as time pass.. you will start smelling fuel because nothing is absorbing the fuel fumes. That is what the charcoal canister does.
Old 10-25-13 | 04:55 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

I tried different sockets and 9/32 socket works on that A/C stud instead of E10 $8 back on my pocket
Old 10-25-13 | 06:32 PM
Answer300
Racer

lets get cracking on removing that engine man! heat up some ramen noodles for a break between pulling the motor and hit the garage mane! LOL!
Old 10-26-13 | 10:20 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Default This is too easy

Quick Reply: 2JZGTE rebuild