Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2JZGTE rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-13, 04:27 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Automan
Awesome build thread and great job on everything you have done! I hope my build turns out this good. I will stay tuned in to this channel.
Thanks, it is really fun building. I like opening those boxes of parts that I ordered, just like opening gifts
Old 12-03-13, 04:28 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Here's the downpipe welded and wrapped. It did not fit well so I have to redo the whole thing grrrrrrr.

Old 12-03-13, 04:30 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Downpipe round 2 with flexible end... hope this works

Old 12-03-13, 04:33 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Welded bike crank for shifter extension. Painted and shortened the handle.

Old 12-09-13, 02:18 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wut up D?! Any update on this Awesomeness yet?
Old 12-09-13, 03:19 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

everything looks amazing but I would look into that can setup again. on its side like that the oil will spill out baffled or not, and also you have 2 large lines coming in but one small fitting for that small filter coming out.
those filters are sized right for only one side of the crank case, for both that filter is too small as you notice the fitting you have for it is smaller than the 2 fittings coming in, so its a bottle neck that is worse than stock and you could easily blow a main seal from that. Just tap the top for a AN size or pipe thread a little larger than the 2 coming in, and match it with a larger valve cover breather or run it to the intake pipe if space is a concern.
Old 12-09-13, 08:43 PM
boostdDSM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is an impressive build you have going on there. Definitely subscribing to this one to watch your progress. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-09-13, 09:45 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Wut up D?! Any update on this Awesomeness yet?
Originally Posted by boostdDSM
That is an impressive build you have going on there. Definitely subscribing to this one to watch your progress. Keep up the good work!
Thanks guys....

I finally turned it over and started running, need to trouble shoot more about some lights on my dash... Will post video later.

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
everything looks amazing but I would look into that can setup again. on its side like that the oil will spill out baffled or not, and also you have 2 large lines coming in but one small fitting for that small filter coming out.
those filters are sized right for only one side of the crank case, for both that filter is too small as you notice the fitting you have for it is smaller than the 2 fittings coming in, so its a bottle neck that is worse than stock and you could easily blow a main seal from that. Just tap the top for a AN size or pipe thread a little larger than the 2 coming in, and match it with a larger valve cover breather or run it to the intake pipe if space is a concern.
So the filter size matters... If i go with option 2 which runs another line from that brass barb into the intake pipe, do I still have to change the brass barb that I installed on the catch can to a bigger one? I will use the same -10an hose going to the intake pipe.

like this:

Last edited by JesLet; 12-09-13 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-09-13, 09:49 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Trying to prime the fuel pump at this video, airbag light stays on and speedometer is jumping. I found out the problem on the speedo, it is the plug from the AR5 speedo gear which only have 2 wires and SC/R154 has 3 wires. Will figure it out how to wire it.....

http://s1049.photobucket.com/user/De...63942.mp4.html
Old 12-09-13, 09:56 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,249 Likes on 869 Posts

I have to wonder if it's possible to swap in a W58-SC speedo sensor or even an MKIII R154 mechanical one with the MC VSS adaptor to correct that issue. The former is very pricey even if it would work (~$250) but either way I think you do need three wires for a proper signal.

The center casings of the AR5 are nearly identical, aren't they? Or is the AR5 VSS on the tail housing? I can't remember, sorry.
Old 12-09-13, 10:11 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

I am not sure about the AR5 speedo gear if its mechanical, I can take a look and see. Must be a good option if the mechanical ones with MC converter will fit in there...
Old 12-09-13, 10:14 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Here the shifter done...

Old 12-09-13, 10:26 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,249 Likes on 869 Posts

Originally Posted by JesLet
I am not sure about the AR5 speedo gear if its mechanical, I can take a look and see. Must be a good option if the mechanical ones with MC converter will fit in there...
I don't know if they are interchangeable but it would be a good alternative if they are. I have some part numbers for a few of the Toyota speedo gears if you happen to need them.

On my R154 I retained the mechanical speedo drive and just screwed on marlin crawler's VSS adaptor. Tried and true. You might contact them to see if they have already figured this out since they work on the AR5.

Your shifter sits perfectly. It looks a bit like a Hurst!
Old 12-10-13, 12:47 AM
konaboi808
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lookin good man
Old 12-10-13, 02:05 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by JesLet
Thanks guys....

I finally turned it over and started running, need to trouble shoot more about some lights on my dash... Will post video later.

So the filter size matters... If i go with option 2 which runs another line from that brass barb into the intake pipe, do I still have to change the brass barb that I installed on the catch can to a bigger one? I will use the same -10an hose going to the intake pipe.

like this:
good that it is running now and am glad you ain't toast after playing around near that fuel tank full of gas.

Don't even think about running a line from that can to the intake pipe with that can in that position. As Ali_sc3 said, collected liquid will just spill over into that line then into your turbo , intercooler , intake mani and back into your cylinders . And even if you put the can upright , if it is NOT baffaled then don't run a line too. There would be a certain vacuum on that line when the turbo is spinning and will suck that liquid .

Last edited by gerrb; 12-10-13 at 02:30 AM.

Quick Reply: 2JZGTE rebuild