Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2JZGTE rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-13, 09:53 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking good sir! You have some wet sanding and buffing ahead of you to knock that peel down, but if you lay enough clear down, it should buff out great
Old 12-17-13, 10:05 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MishaV
What a project man keep it up!!
Thanks... this wll keep me busy...

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
hhhmmm That's the same gun I have from HF as well!! maybe when I come up with a 97 kit ill give it a try. paint looks good!
Originally Posted by gerrb
Man , don't mess up my 2jz short block

Hmmm... I didn't know that those cheapo Harborfreight guns will do a good job. I used them for spraying what not around but not on the car. Maybe I can start learning and spraying a car.

I got a couple of different kinds when they were on sale a couple of years ago. Now you are encouraging me to paint a car ! Got nothing to loose I guess but time and paint. If not happy then get it painted professionally.

Actually, you have better spray guns on that pic... i picked the bottom brand spraygun cost me $11.99. I don't think it will do a good job spraying the whole car, this spraygun i bought is just for small job like a front bumper. I suggest to get a high/mid range spray gun and practice how it sprays or how the spray gun sprays. Its like movement of your hand with the spray of the gun or else your paint will run.

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Looking good sir! You have some wet sanding and buffing ahead of you to knock that peel down, but if you lay enough clear down, it should buff out great
I am thinking of wet sanding the clear to remove some unnoticable stray dusts.. Looks okay without sanding though.
Old 12-17-13, 12:15 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Rey will be mad . That is his term, reason for his username.. hehe.

I was surprised too when she said she does the work and wrenching on that 1jz SC.

So when are you coming to paint my cars ?
LOL -- i'm glad my SC is already black, but I'm kinda wanting to go 97+ now...sigh...

soooo...... maganda or pangit? kung ano ang kanyang pagka-etniko?

Last edited by aswang; 12-17-13 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-17-13, 12:35 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by soarer213
LOL -- i'm glad my SC is already black, but I'm kinda wanting to go 97+ now...sigh...

[font size=8] soooo...... maganda or pangit? kung ano ang kanyang pagka-etniko? /[font size]
Maganda or pangit ? Hmmmm. ... mabait .. puti !

If you want a complete 97+ kit buddy let me know . I have been keeping a set for a long time and I am not a real fan of that 97 front bumper . Just for you , I will give the complete kit , (front bumper with grille & foglights, rear bumper & extensions , side skirts and door moldings , rear tail lights ) for $750 when you come around with Dennis. Pare, I am not shipping . I hate shipping ... nakakainis especially packing big stuff.

Then we let Dennis paint our cars while you guys are around... hehehe. Plan staying for a week ! Is that alright Dennis ?

Last edited by gerrb; 12-17-13 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-17-13, 01:21 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

If you want a complete 97+ kit buddy let me know . I have been keeping a set for a long time and I am not a real fan of that 97 front bumper . Just for you , I will give the complete kit , (front bumper with grille & foglights, rear bumper & extensions , side skirts and door moldings , rear tail lights ) for $750 when you come around with Dennis. Pare, I am not shipping . I hate shipping ... nakakainis especially packing big stuff.

Then we let Dennis paint our cars while you guys are around... hehehe. Plan staying for a week ! Is that alright Dennis ?
ayos!! ......and thanks pare! can't turn that offer down. You near Road Atlanta by any chance? We should check out Petit Lemans in October?

JesLet -- how does the car feel when you drove it btw? Not sure how much you were able to get on it. What else is left to do, engine wise?
Old 12-17-13, 01:52 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The paint work looks good. This is something that I have always felt that I could do, but I hate the prep work before hand. The results are great man. I thought I was good with the can of SEM paint. LOL
Old 12-17-13, 02:14 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Wow $750 is a steal... and yes i will paint them for $750 too hahaha
ayos!! ......and thanks pare! can't turn that offer down. You near Road Atlanta by any chance? We should check out Petit Lemans in October?

JesLet -- how does the car feel when you drove it btw? Not sure how much you were able to get on it. What else is left to do, engine wise?
I've only put 25 miles on it.. no noise as of YET! I have not driven it past 3k RPM, i tried a couple of times and heard compressor surge. My harness needs rework, tach is dead, airbag light on, and i need to work on the speedo wiring. Honestly don't give a crap about those little things as long as my engine itself don't poop on me.
Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
The paint work looks good. This is something that I have always felt that I could do, but I hate the prep work before hand. The results are great man. I thought I was good with the can of SEM paint. LOL
Wet sanding to smooth it is the only time consuming part... one of the reason i don't want to paint the whole car. Unless I have like 5 people helping me.

Last edited by JesLet; 11-15-14 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-17-13, 02:23 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

If we are going to our place in the south, then NO , it is 300 miles away . If it is our place in the North then yes , I am 25 miles away from Road Atlanta.

Originally Posted by JesLet

I've only put 25 miles on it.. no noise as of YET! I have not driven it past 3k RPM, i tried a couple of times and heard compressor surge. My harness needs rework, tach is dead, airbag light on, engine oil level sensor light is on and i need to work on the speedo wiring. Honestly don't give a crap about those little things as long as my engine itself don't poop on me.
Then I will charge you $750 per person for your one week of stay so we are even ... hahaha .

My harness needs rework, tach is dead, airbag light on, engine oil level sensor light is on and i need to work on the speedo wiring. Honestly don't give a crap about those little things as long as my engine itself don't poop on me.
did you jump that resistor on your cluster ? what oil level sensor you are using ? that from the aristo ? If yes , replace it and install the one from your old SC300 engine. For the airbag , did you unplug any of their connectors while battery is connected ? Have you tried the reset / grounding method to turn of that light ?

Last edited by gerrb; 12-17-13 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-17-13, 04:26 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Then I will charge you $750 per person for your one week of stay so we are even ... hahaha .
Fine! I will give you post-dated check, let say 2018?

did you jump that resistor on your cluster ? what oil level sensor you are using ? that from the aristo ? If yes , replace it and install the one from your old SC300 engine. For the airbag , did you unplug any of their connectors while battery is connected ? Have you tried the reset / grounding method to turn of that light ?
What resistor?
I am using SC300 oil level sensor, previous owner mentioned that issue.
You mean unplugged the SC300 harness with the battery on? No, I removed the cables first thing of everything. I have not tried that method yet... i've seen a thread about it though.
Old 12-17-13, 04:28 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Hello

Last edited by JesLet; 12-17-13 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-17-13, 04:31 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Decided to mock it up... so exciting haha

Old 12-17-13, 05:27 PM
Answer300
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

one reaction:
Attached Thumbnails 2JZGTE rebuild-lakers-fan-takes-off-sunglasses.gif  
Old 12-17-13, 06:10 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Its started to come to the end of getting the SC back on the road....Get some vids of you opening that 2jzgte BW up. Awesome build
Old 12-17-13, 06:15 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

I've only put 25 miles on it.. no noise as of YET! I have not driven it past 3k RPM, i tried a couple of times and heard compressor surge. My harness needs rework, tach is dead, airbag light on, engine oil level sensor light is on and i need to work on the speedo wiring. Honestly don't give a crap about those little things as long as my engine itself don't poop on me.

Wet sanding to smooth it is the only time consuming part... one of the reason i don't want to paint the whole car. Unless I have like 5 people helping me.
LOL - okay, I'll pay you in pandesal.and polvoron

I see-- I'd be concerned of the airbag light as it will eventually kill a battery, even if you remove the light bulb. After looking at all the work you've done on your car, all those little things will be comparatively simple..lol

Wow, the mock-up looks fresh and classy!

If we are going to our place in the south, then NO , it is 300 miles away . If it is our place in the North then yes , I am 25 miles away from Road Atlanta.
Gotcha. Whatever's clever. Just need to make sure my radio works on the drive down..lol
Old 12-18-13, 02:49 AM
MishaV
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pure awesomeness!!

Quick Reply: 2JZGTE rebuild