Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Limited Edition Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-13, 11:45 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts
Default Limited Edition Build

Was just told by a dealer salesman that there was a limited edition build only available during the first 30 days that consisted of the VGRS and Mark Levinson. He said these are no longer in production and to get them they must be special ordered now.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?
Old 08-16-13, 05:40 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know about limited edition but I bought mine the 1st week they came out and it seems all of the Fsport available had vgrs and ml. Now it seems they are not available but no one said get it now because it's le when I was shopping. Glad I got one now though.
Old 08-16-13, 05:42 AM
BaakaIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are you?
Im in the US, all i've seen so far are VGRS and ML at my dealers. Granted they were all F Sports.

Also i think the VGRS is part of the 350 packages cause it may be paired with the 8 speed transmission.
Old 08-16-13, 10:04 AM
flippd
Driver

Originally Posted by azmojo
Was just told by a dealer salesman that there was a limited edition build only available during the first 30 days that consisted of the VGRS and Mark Levinson. He said these are no longer in production and to get them they must be special ordered now.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?
That is BS. How it works is that the dealer orders the cars that they think will sell. The only thing it means is that they did not think to order the VGRS with ML F sports. They will say anything for you to only buy the stuff in their lot.

All the Fsports in the PNW have those, and I was actually looking for one without ML to get the price down.

You can ask them to try to trade for one from another dealer, or start looking out of state for your car.
Old 08-16-13, 11:42 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flippd
That is BS. How it works is that the dealer orders the cars that they think will sell. The only thing it means is that they did not think to order the VGRS with ML F sports. They will say anything for you to only buy the stuff in their lot.

All the Fsports in the PNW have those, and I was actually looking for one without ML to get the price down.

You can ask them to try to trade for one from another dealer, or start looking out of state for your car.
haha...limited edition. I love the lies some of these salesmen come up with. When you come back months from now and find the one with VGRS and ML I wonder what their excuse will be?

"oh ummm....they're making the limited edition again..." O_o

They're just trying to sell the ones on the lot. They sold the ones with ML and VGRS and now they have to sell the other ones with less options. If you really want those options. Wait for it to becomes available, see if another dealer has one, or just order it. good luck.
Old 08-16-13, 11:47 AM
JerryWest
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by thejaperu
haha...limited edition. I love the lies some of these salesmen come up with. When you come back months from now and find the one with VGRS and ML I wonder what their excuse will be?

"oh ummm....they're making the limited edition again..." O_o

They're just trying to sell the ones on the lot. They sold the ones with ML and VGRS and now they have to sell the other ones with less options. If you really want those options. Wait for it to becomes available, see if another dealer has one, or just order it. good luck.

I call it BS too - otherwise all their fine brochures and pamphlets will have to be reprinted as they clearly highlight VGRS and ML!
Old 08-16-13, 11:56 AM
Scnoob
Driver School Candidate

I had the same issue, but I wouldn't call them limited editions. My dealership had the same issue. I test drove one with the VGRS, but I didn't like the color combination. So they ordered me one I liked, however, it would be a 3-4 month delay to order it with it. Some of the threads on here talked about the issue. Most the AWD f-sports automatically come with the VGRS.

I finally got my 350-F yesterday (pics soon) nebula gray/red. It doesn't have the CL sound system/VGRS, but I still love the car regardless. The steering still felt smooth and we have to adjust the steering manually. Obviously the sport+ with the VGRS may give them a lead of feel. Anyone with the system can please share.
Old 08-16-13, 06:54 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A mass producer of cars like Toyota/Lexus would never change vehicle production for a 30 day run.
Old 08-18-13, 12:28 AM
SimTide985
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My test drive here consisted of the VGRS and ML:

I thought the IS350's steering and response was so darn crisp and precise and always seemed to know where I wanted the car to go when I turned it. I couldn't imagine getting an IS without VGRS...and the ML sound system is definitely in the upper echelon of sound systems you'll find in a car under $50k. It's a must have for any one who's serious about listening to music in their car.
Old 08-18-13, 04:31 PM
GeorgeHill
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SimTide985
My test drive here consisted of the VGRS and ML:

I thought the IS350's steering and response was so darn crisp and precise and always seemed to know where I wanted the car to go when I turned it. I couldn't imagine getting an IS without VGRS...and the ML sound system is definitely in the upper echelon of sound systems you'll find in a car under $50k. It's a must have for any one who's serious about listening to music in their car.
I agree 100% !!!
Old 11-18-13, 12:31 PM
liqinwei26
Rookie

I had the same problem here in Wisconsin. My dealer told me the if I wanted ML or VGRS then it would have to be a special order from Lexus, and Lexus does not build ML or VGRS on 3IS as standard any more.
Old 11-20-13, 09:50 AM
neilvosko
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

its not that big of a deal, you'll save a couple of Gz...but came standard on F Sport before...
Old 11-20-13, 10:21 AM
FusterCluk
Driver

I special ordered my 3IS to get the extra features, not a big deal to wait a little longer to get exactly what I wanted.