Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

MajorSloMo's Big Green Sled (sort pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-13, 11:49 AM
Leowaxx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good build & welcome to CL
Old 09-01-13, 09:23 PM
MajorSloMo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I managed to get the lights resealed. What a difference in output. I also used T10 LED lights for the parking lights but I'm not too much of a fan of them. I may go with different LEDs for those. The lights look good for for now. Anything is better than what they were, which was full of water. Once I got them out I flipped them over and the entire contents of the Atlantic ocean poured out of them. Both vent outlets were clogged on the driver and passenger side. I also polished the projector lenses. The driver side looked brand new, but the passenger side had shards of glass around it inside the housing, and the assembly itself had bits of glass. Took about an hour to get it all cleaned. Only thing that really bugged me is that once I got it back together it was damp outside, and I think moisture got in while I was putting it back together. Its not like water drops or anything like that but it fogged slightly. I'm hoping it dries out without any trouble because it rained seriously hard for about ten hours today after I got the light in there. I think in a few months I'll end up just replacing them. Now onto the next issue.

So I think the distributor got wet or something because the car didn't want to stay running for a while and the idle was at 100RPM, and it was smoking out pretty bad. White smoke at that. I popped the hood and heard this rattling sound coming from two places. One was near the EGR valve and the other sounded like something was slapping around inside the cover where the timing belt is. Totally stumped. I also noticed my strut boot was torn. It never ends. I'm trying to figure out what to do next. I know I need to tackle the engine issues but I want to get my suspension hooked up too. right now I have KYB GR-2s but I can't decide what to do about springs. I'm not looking to drift this car or auto-cross or anything like that. I just want to drive and enjoy it, and make it look nice of course. I also need to address my breaks and wheels and tires. I know I want to go with slotted, unsure of any brand, and a multi-spoke wheel likely in black. Thoughts guys? Give a noob some direction here so I don't go crazy just attacking my engine solely and not getting anything else done.
Old 09-08-13, 12:18 AM
MajorSloMo
Rookie

Ok did a little work. A few weeks back I found a piece of my rear ashtray underneath the passenger seat. I found a replacement on ebay so I got that installed. Not that it was all that difficult to do. I also bought a butterfly cup holder from one of our members here, so I'll be receiving that shortly. Lastly, I bought a bottle of Meguire's plastic X and I used that to clean my headlights again, and then I waxed it with a product called Zymol. My light output has never been this good. I'll post some pics tomorrow
Old 09-08-13, 07:51 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Looking forward to seeing some quality photos.
Old 09-08-13, 11:21 AM
MajorSloMo
Rookie

so I was cleaning my interior and heard my vacuum hit something and lose suction, that's when I found this . . .

so I thought, man this looks like my ashtray, but where's the rest of it?

Needless to say, I replaced it.

Old 09-08-13, 11:30 AM
MajorSloMo
Rookie

I also took the time to polish up my lights after I re-sealed them. We had a massive two day rain storm, and I lacked the product to put the finishing touches on the lights at the time. So I bought some Plastic polish. Megquire's stuff. Comes in a white bottle and it says its good for headlights. So I figured I'd have a go. I put about 4 coats of the plastic polish on each light and buffed them, then I put a carnuba wax I use on my guitars to sort of lock it in. The stuff is called Zymol. Its a robin egg blue color and works really well. I damped my applicator and put some of that on them and here's the result.

so I decided to do a couple output pics. Probably lousy quality but I feel I can see much better at night now.

first attempt

Second attempt

That's all so far.
Old 09-11-13, 02:25 PM
Back2aday
Driver School Candidate

keep up the good work looks good man
Old 09-14-13, 11:15 AM
MajorSloMo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Back2aday
keep up the good work looks good man
Thanks I appreciate that.
Old 09-14-13, 11:23 AM
MajorSloMo
Rookie

Ok on to the next thing. first I'd like to thank 1JZPWRD for the cup holder! It arrived lightening quick. However, I was unable to take delivery of it the same day. For some reason the post office wouldn't leave the package. No big deal. Anyway, here's pics.

As this big gap served me no purpose what so ever, I felt compelled to fill it, and so I did.

We all know what this thing does, but to me my center console feels complete now.

Feels good to have the little bits come together. There are only a few more things that I need to do to complete the interior of the car. New covers for the seats, needles in the cluster, my center vent surround (not the wood) is cracked) and LED lights for all the things that light in the interior. Oh, and window tint. Slowly getting there. Now on to tackle battery, alternator, and other not so fun to do things
Old 09-18-13, 10:56 AM
MajorSloMo
Rookie

Ah the next bit of stupidity giving me trouble

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ml#post8146261
Old 09-22-13, 07:03 PM
MajorSloMo
Rookie

Ok pretty productive day today. Got the distributor O ring replaced. The old one was completely flat and when I went to take it off it fell apart. Got the car re-timed, pretty easy process. Also replaced the old radiator hoses with a set from HPS. The product is awesome, but the clamps are junk. So if anyone buys their kit for the GE engine, toss those clamps away they are ****. Also put Mobil 1 0w-20 in it, and it drives like a proper race car ,and I can pull seriously long drifts with it and everything and score mad points and stuff . . . ok so I don't really do that and its too early to tell if I'll notice any sort of performance gains yet with the change in oil. But time will tell. The old oil came out like thick coffee so I'm glad that's not in there any longer. Next step from here I have to address a seeping oil pan and it seems like some lower portion of my engine on the driver side is soaked in oil. In between that crap I've got some suspension work to do. I need to get mounts and if I could find a brace that would be awesome, and a set of springs. Still not sure what springs to go with yet.
Old 10-10-13, 07:12 AM
MajorSloMo
Rookie

Well, got idle issues again =( NoOoooOoOoOoooo. No idea whats causing it at all. Idle was fine for months and now when the car warms up it drops down to one bar above 0. WTF?
Old 10-30-18, 03:40 AM
Gavy22
Driver School Candidate

Default Hydraulic fan pump for Toyota soarer v8

I m looking for hydraulic fan pump for Toyota soarer v8