Search this Thread

Old 05-16-17, 07:40 AM
Revive
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by juvi22003
Looks good man, like the progress.

I also got rid of my air, running some BC coils now
Thank you, sir. I had my concerns about going static with the kit on, but in reality it's completely driveable as-is. I'm actually a little taken back at how smooth it rides lol... One of these days I should cruise down your way for a bit. Would be great catching up bro!

Last edited by Revive; 05-20-17 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-16-17, 08:15 AM
Revive
Lead Lap

I'm gonna start of this update post with the bad news. Worth sharing, not worth getting hung up over. My roommate managed to tag my front bumper with his motorcycle while riding across the neighbor's lawn to get out of the garage.

It's not really that bad, just more work to be done before paint. (Yes I will eventually paint it. Eventually )

Removed the Stage 21 hood. Installed a Seibon oem type.

Also installed the Toyota window visors I've had sitting in a box for ages:

Made a 2hr trip over to Kissimmee for an alignment with Christian at Action Tire. Worth the drive always!:

Back to Tampa without issue

Beer and sunsets. It's good to be home.
Old 05-16-17, 10:51 AM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

why did you get rid of the other hood?
Old 05-16-17, 11:05 AM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

How does the Seibon hood fit? I am thinking about picking up their vented one. Is the gap between the fender and the hood unchanged? I have serialnine front fenders and now the gap between my hood and fenders is massive. I don't want a hood that will make it worse.
Old 05-16-17, 12:05 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
The main issue I have with the Stage 21 hood is warping. Even with the factory insulator on. I spent SO much time and effort in the filler process- skim coating the entire hood, literally building the nose section over the grille by hand, cutting/shaping vent ports... Only for it to warp moving the car 10ft. It needs to be cut apart and remade essentially, so I decided to get a different hood.

I still have the Stage 21. Love the vents. I may just transplant that onto a stock metal hood or something one day.

Originally Posted by tiger4life
How does the Seibon hood fit? I am thinking about picking up their vented one. Is the gap between the fender and the hood unchanged? I have serialnine front fenders and now the gap between my hood and fenders is massive. I don't want a hood that will make it worse.
Well, No panel at the front of my car is 100% factory anymore, but with a little adjusting the Seibon fit really well. The only thing I didn't like is that they don't use the OEM centering bolts at the hinge-to-hood location, instead they are 8x1.25mm bolts with washers. Otherwise It's as good as any aftermarket steel will be.

Cheers fellas
-Mike
Old 05-16-17, 12:06 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
i wondered that also

Originally Posted by tiger4life
well the fenders are fiberglass so you can fix the gap if there is one.... i had a seibon CF hood i eventually got rid of that had about the gap his had. i didnt get rid of it cause of the gap though, i just didnt want it anymore
Old 05-17-17, 10:37 PM
Luxurious
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I had to sign in just to comment this car.. This car/build is the sole reason I bought a GS. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a clean 300 so I had to saddle up and bought a 430. Starting to regret it the more I see this one.

Kinda funny too since there's an 03 SD 300 with only 120k miles bone stock zero rust or flaws for $3700 obo haha. Of course it only appears after I buy a car..
Old 05-20-17, 10:30 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Luxurious
I had to sign in just to comment this car.. This car/build is the sole reason I bought a GS. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a clean 300 so I had to saddle up and bought a 430. Starting to regret it the more I see this one.

Kinda funny too since there's an 03 SD 300 with only 120k miles bone stock zero rust or flaws for $3700 obo haha. Of course it only appears after I buy a car..
Thank you! That honestly does mean a lot to me to hear. I'll never be on the same level as many of the gents here, but that was never my goal. I'm just doing what makes me happy, and sharing the journey along the way...
Regardless of what's under the hood you can't go wrong with these cars. Treat them well and they will not fail you.
Old 05-24-17, 09:18 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Love it. Looks great, Revive
Old 05-26-17, 10:23 PM
ultm8mind
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Looking good Mike, didn't know you went static. - Bruce
Old 08-17-17, 12:02 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Your GS has come along way.. Going through your old post and this build thread i liked the old hood as well.. But let me just say the Seibon CF hood looks like it fits perfect.. I think i remember you moving a few years back to FL.... your about 3 hrs from me lol
Old 08-17-17, 08:55 AM
IUnzhakov
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome timeline on the build man. Car looks great!
Old 10-02-17, 11:52 AM
Luxurious
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Any update?
Old 02-04-18, 04:55 AM
Eggplantgs
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice !, I really like that color!
Old 08-15-18, 10:02 AM
Revive
Lead Lap

Been a long time since posting here. I sold the car back in Feb, and the new owner had an incident with it. It's been sitting ever since then.

I've moved on to a car I've always dreamed of owning...

... A jdm FD RX-7.

Last edited by Revive; 02-11-19 at 02:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Revive 2003 Sport Design Boring Build