Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

**Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-14, 04:41 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by babowc
Question... what are you doing about the OBD2 testing in GA?
or do you live in a county with no emissions...

I know people who know people who know people thats going to let me register my car at their place in a non testing county.
Old 01-20-14, 04:55 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
Now you are back from Timbuktu where I can't reach you , lmaol, and I know Santa came to town , post all those goodies you got from him . IF you forgot to take pictures of all of those AEM gauges and sensors you left in my place this morning, I will take pictures for you, just let me know. Your car would look like the cockpit of a plane with all those gauges. I had 7 on my Red Mamba 1 . I think you have 12 .. lmaol , and are all AEM .. damn those gauges alone should have cost you at least least $1500.

Questions for you.. I need to know where you are installing the following so I can incorporate the AEM plugs for the following sensors ... just give me an idea so I can extend the wires accordingly.

a) AIT Sensor .. do you already have your IC pipings ? Are you getting a bung for your AIT ?

b) Map sensor .. any idea where you are installing it ?

c) Fuel pressure sensor ... in what area are you installing that Fuel Pressure Regulator ?

d) Oil pressure sensor ... are you getting a lexus union bolt or oil relocation unit ?

e) Boost solenoid ...install it near the passenger strut tower ...got that wiring already .

Your AEM v2 which you got will be plug and play ....we would probably need to use a fields harness to connect some of your stuff .. like you would like to control your dual Denso pump with relays so they are not both running always. ...one comes on once you reach a certain boost. We will see , depending on how much stuff we need to connect.

Damn , I bet MVP had been very happy with you lately ..with all the stuff you got from them. While you are in town , go and work on your car . I want to make sure of everything you are planning to install so we can incorporate whatever you want in your harness and your engine bay will look clean.

I will let you know tomorrow of the connectors you need on the harness so you can order them , definitely coil plugs need replacing .. many of the other plugs I can get from the harnesses I have around...no worries.
Well as you already know Gerrb..If you look at my garage/inside the black pearl/In her trunk/Man cave, it looks like Santa has been coming to this house all year long! LOL However, I did get a few new things that came in this past month.
4" Mid-pipe/Downpipe-
[IMG][/IMG]
Hope its easy to install its a lot bigger than I was thinking!- I know I know "Thats what she said!"
[IMG][/IMG]
Titan Crank Dampner- From Kevin @ MVP
[IMG][/IMG]
AEM V2 from Kevin @ MVP - Kevin Will hook you up with some Dang good deals if you let him know what you are looking for and how much you are looking to pay- He will work with ya!
[IMG][/IMG]
Nissan HID Zenon Ballasts- Nissans are good because they come sealed from the weather (most of them) already unlike some factory ones that have to be mounted inside the headlight
[IMG][/IMG]

I just bought all new Teflon Wire braided lines for all my fuel system that will all be -8an with -6an return/ Oil filter relocation kit and 12 row oil cooler/ -10an teflon wire braided hose for my catch can breather hoses/ and all kind of other stuff from Drift motion....I will post as it comes in.
Old 01-21-14, 04:05 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

You didn't post the AEM gauges that are with you. You got the serial gauges. I have 4 of your AEM gauges.. EUGO , Oil & Fuel Pressure and Tru-boost which you actually don't need because your AEM v2 will control your boost. But we will use the boost control solenoid of the tru-boost. I got your AEM Map sensor and AIT sensor.

Old 01-22-14, 05:42 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Santa Claus Rang the Door bell and left me a package again today!!
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-22-14, 05:47 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

After a long aggrevating struggle to find the perfect wheel for my car I think I found them...So, I bought them and they will be here Saturday!!
LET ME KNOW WHAT YALL THINK!
Wed Kranze ERM's F-19x8.5 ET+41(235/35/19) R-19x10 ET+44(275/30/19)
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-22-14, 06:08 PM
babowc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
I know people who know people who know people thats going to let me register my car at their place in a non testing county.
Haha, I love it.. i need to find someone like that :/
Old 01-23-14, 04:02 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

So,
I figured since all my hoses and fittings are coming in soon I could go ahead and get the fuel tank out and inspect everything out and plan my work accordingly. Well I wasn't expecting to be minus a pump hanger!! Gerrb has a spare he is going to hook me up with though. THANKS GERRB!! Anyway I have decided with the help of my mentor MR.GERRB.LOL that I will go with all -6an fuel hoses and returns. So I will post pics of that install when I get a chance to put it in. [IMG][/IMG]
Had to disconnect the fuel neck and bottom feed/return banjo fittings-(Pain in the ars)
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
And it finally came out
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-23-14, 04:06 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

My items I ordered from Drift Motion came in today.

Supra TT Fan Blade/Shroud
[IMG][/IMG]
Rear Sump Dipstick
[IMG][/IMG]
Little Dressin up dont ever hurt!!
[IMG][/IMG]
Factory R154/2JZ Bellhousing
[IMG][/IMG]
200Amp Supra Alt.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-23-14, 04:12 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

PARTS KEEP ADDING UP!!!! ITS Eating me alive not being able to install this stuff. Waiting on the oil return and supply parts/ ARP main bearing bolts / then I can put the new oil pump water pump etc...and have the engine pretty much ready to drop in!! I need to look at all the receipts and see what Im up to on this project!! Kinda Scared..
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-23-14, 04:14 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Forgot to mention that we dropped the valve covers/Intake manifold off for powder coating and the exhuast mani off for ceramic coating today. Will update with pics when I get them back.
Old 01-23-14, 04:50 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Nice collections Sir lol.. I cant wait to see this car done and i call shotgun(sorry Mr. Gerrb ). Aaron, ask your people that knows people if they can take care of your people too . Ain't waitin 3 more years. BTW, Just put your receipts in a box and lock em up in a safe or something and dont even look at it cos at the end you will be very happy.
Old 01-23-14, 05:14 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Just put your receipts in a box and lock em up in a safe or something and dont even look at it cos at the end you will be very happy.
+1000 . Aaron is a baller , plain and simple !

You will be happy too if we get your SC running instead of sitting on the driveway. But I am not helping you during cold days , so don't call me ... .

I need to look at all the receipts and see what Im up to on this project!! Kinda Scared..
Keep those with warranty . The rest , burn them . There's nothing you can do now. No more turning back You already bought them but I bet you are well over $18k now... Damn, you spent that amount of money in 3 months .
Old 01-23-14, 07:12 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Nice collections Sir lol.. I cant wait to see this car done and i call shotgun(sorry Mr. Gerrb ). Aaron, ask your people that knows people if they can take care of your people too . Ain't waitin 3 more years. BTW, Just put your receipts in a box and lock em up in a safe or something and dont even look at it cos at the end you will be very happy.
I appreciate it! I dont think the guy that is going to let me use his address will do that for anyone else unfortunately! There are other ways to deal with that though... I would say yes about the shotgun seat, but Gerrb deserves it..hell he probably deserves to drive it before me!!!LOL
Old 01-23-14, 07:16 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
+1000 . Aaron is a baller , plain and simple !

You will be happy too if we get your SC running instead of sitting on the driveway. But I am not helping you during cold days , so don't call me ... .

Keep those with warranty . The rest , burn them . There's nothing you can do now. No more turning back You already bought them but I bet you are well over $18k now... Damn, you spent that amount of money in 3 months .
First off I'm not a baller! I just work a butt load of overtime while Im offshore! LOL There is no way Im at $18K either! well Im not going to add it up to see either.LOL You know I couldve went without all that Gerrb! Just a reminder of how ate up with it I am!! LOL oh well when you have the knack like we do, there is no way to get rid of it. It just starts back over again on another project!
Old 01-24-14, 08:58 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I appreciate it! I dont think the guy that is going to let me use his address will do that for anyone else unfortunately! There are other ways to deal with that though... I would say yes about the shotgun seat, but Gerrb deserves it..hell he probably deserves to drive it before me!!!LOL
No worries , I can follow you guys with me in the Red Mamba 1 so you don't have to walk home if it konks out ...

First off I'm not a baller! I just work a butt load of overtime while Im offshore! LOL There is no way Im at $18K either! well Im not going to add it up to see either.LOL You know I couldve went without all that Gerrb! Just a reminder of how ate up with it I am!! LOL oh well when you have the knack like we do, there is no way to get rid of it. It just starts back over again on another project!
I love your work man. Making $4k in overtime every month so you can finance your toys is amazing !

Seriously , knowing every freaking stuff you have bought so far which includes the 1 of 120 1997 Black SC300 ... you better get your calculator ...you are not far from that figure. But it is all good .You work hard for it . You deserve it brother ! We only live once so make the most out of it . I admire you cause at a very young age you can play with these toys without Dad paying for it.

And before you leave again for "in the middle of nowhere" where there is no phone service , make sure the plugs mailed to your place are mailed to me so I can wrap up your harness.

Quick Reply: **Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**