Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

**Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-14 | 01:28 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Hopefully the plugs get here before I leave! Getting my wife to do something for me that relates to that "Thing in the garage" is like pulling teeth! LOL They should be here Monday or Tuesday so no biggy
Old 01-24-14 | 01:35 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Brakes?...CHECK!
[IMG][/IMG]
My plan is to Paint these Gold and have Black Lexus logos on them. Dont know what Im going to do about replacing the rears just yet. Any ideas would be Helpful!!
Old 01-24-14 | 01:59 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Supra TT for rears!
Old 01-24-14 | 08:50 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
Supra TT for rears!
That was my first thought..though not cheap by no means. Is there any other options out there?
Old 01-25-14 | 02:36 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Smile Got my rims in today!!!

Couldn't wait to put them on..Didnt clean them up or anything..And the front is has a big space because there is no engine... WHAT DO YALL THINK??
New Wheels Wed Kranze's 19x8.5 ET+41/225-35-19(Will replace with 245-35-19) 19x9.5 ET+44/275-30-19
Old
[IMG][/IMG]
New
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Rear Tire Width Difference
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-25-14 | 02:38 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Default Oil Filter Relocation kit/Cooler

Oil Filter relocation/cooler kit came in last night..I let the kids open the packages, they like doing that.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-25-14 | 03:15 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Dang... looks good man !

Does that oil relocation kit has an NPT hole for the oil pressure sensor ? And where would it be installed ? Need to know how long will I extend the wire for the oil pressure sensor plug .

Last edited by gerrb; 01-25-14 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-25-14 | 04:29 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
Couldn't wait to put them on..Didnt clean them up or anything..And the front is has a big space because there is no engine... WHAT DO YALL THINK??
New Wheels Wed Kranze's 19x8.5 ET+41/225-35-19(Will replace with 245-35-19) 19x9.5 ET+44/275-30-19
Old
[IMG][/IMG]
New
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Rear Tire Width Difference
[IMG][/IMG]
These pics really help me out. I'm trying to pick up a set of Works with similar rim sizes and wasn't sure how they'd fit. Nice to see that they'll fit nice n flush!
Old 01-25-14 | 04:32 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
These pics really help me out. I'm trying to pick up a set of Works with similar rim sizes and wasn't sure how they'd fit. Nice to see that they'll fit nice n flush!
Good deal, Im glad it helped you out! Im very happy with how they turned out. I like that flush look as well. Not big on the wheels sticking out really far thing. Make sure you post pics when you get those works!
Old 01-26-14 | 07:50 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Default Bumper & Fender off to the Body Shop

The front passenger fender had a few dents in it due to some a-holes puching it out of anger when Gerrb brought it home for me. Gerrb parked the car/trailer in the parking lot of a eatery and apparently someone got pissed that the trailer took more than one spot and punched my car. Anyway, I am sending it with my next door neighbor who is a body shop manager at a Toyota dealership here in Atlanta. I also sen the front bumper with him to get stripped and repainted. That should make this beauty even more spectacular when I fire her up. The glass contains Fireball whiskey and Sprite
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-26-14 | 08:13 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Default Clean Up the Alt

So, Even though I ordered a refurb'd 200Amp Alt for my project I got bored today and figured I would clean this one up and do a little tutorial on how to refurb them if you needed to. So, I've redipped and re-insulated some motors and very large generators in my day and this is nothing hard to do with the alternators. Most of the time your alternator is fine you just need to clean it up and do a little maintenance on it. You can see with this one that is was caked with greased and filth! That can do a number on how it performs and can cause you to think that it is going out when it really isnt. I may just be grime causing problems. So, if you get on like mine you can take the bolts on the back off and the four bolts for the four winding leads out and gently tap the back housing off in a 360' action. Once you get the cap off you will see just how dirty it is in there. Here you can get some elctra clean and spray that stuff off and get you a little bristle brush to help out and then spray that excess grime out. You may see that the red varnish starting to wear off showing the copper all the way through. If this is the case you can get a strong degreaser and clean the windings off-Let dry and then spray a ton of electra clean on the windings again-let that dry. Spray some air drying varnish/insulator ( I Use Gyptol 1201) on the winding and let dry-you'll want to put 2 coats at least. Let that dry for at least a day or two in outside temps. Then your wires are insulated again and are good as new!!
However before getting to this point I noticed that one of the lead pickups fell out when I picked the rear up to flip it over and clean the other side!! You can see here-[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Glad I didn't try and put this one in! That wouldve sucked not knowing!
Anyway you can see how just a little electr clean and a little bristle brush really cleaned this thing up and wouldve help the life of this alternator had it not been broken..
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by geauxsimon; 01-26-14 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-27-14 | 11:16 AM
geauxsimon
Driver

The fittings/hoses for the fuel system and misc. items cam in today! I will start working on this tonight hopefully. I gotta go and get the hanger from Gerrb though.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-27-14 | 11:33 AM
geauxsimon
Driver

I also picked up some 1000cc injectors today, so if anyone wants some new 750cc Bosch injectors let me know-$425.00
[IMG][/IMG]

I got to visit the shop at Fuel Injector connection today here in Cumming, GA. They showed me whats all involved with their modifications/testing/innovative additions to injectors and I must say I am quite impressed! They are called upon for some factory supercharger/turbo kits like-Lysholm Superchargers, Magnassun Superchargers, and a bunch of other big named companies I shouldn't mention because those companies pretty much put their own name on FIC's injectors-LOL. These guys are legit and are the original innovators as far as modifying injectors for performance purposes reliably. Lot of companies like Injector dynamics has started to use the processes that Fuel Injector Connection has been doing for years. These guys are huge in the Chevy/Ford industry and have everything we need on this side too! There prices are pretty much the same price as some of these mom and pop shops on ebay, but when you see the craftsmanship and testing they do on these there is no comparison. Give them a call I got these 1000cc Bosch injectors for $479.99 brand new and backed by them no questions! They've been in business for over 38yrs, so lets just say it isn't their first Rodeo.
http://www.fuelinjectorconnection.com/
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-27-14 | 02:03 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
I appreciate it! I dont think the guy that is going to let me use his address will do that for anyone else unfortunately! There are other ways to deal with that though... I would say yes about the shotgun seat, but Gerrb deserves it..hell he probably deserves to drive it before me!!!LOL
I agree w/ you Mr Gerrb deserves it more.. Im just hoping he doesnt move down South for good , not until he finish my SC . Good progess by the way. I wish i had the $$ right now i wouldve grab those 750cc from you.
Old 01-27-14 | 05:10 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

wow, just a nice set of wheels makes such a difference on our cars. Your build is coming along awesome! And fast. respect

Quick Reply: **Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**