Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

**Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-14, 07:48 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
I agree w/ you Mr Gerrb deserves it more.. Im just hoping he doesnt move down South for good , not until he finish my SC . Good progess by the way. I wish i had the $$ right now i wouldve grab those 750cc from you.
If he knows what's good for him he'll stay his butt right here! Got more deer meat too for ya! Lol
Old 01-27-14, 07:52 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
wow, just a nice set of wheels makes such a difference on our cars. Your build is coming along awesome! And fast. respect
I've always thought the same thing. Just a set of wheels or even one little front lip can change the look instantly...that's how most of these big time car manufacturers make their money..throw 17s instead of 15's with a little front rear lip kit and a spoiler and boom! They gotcha for $8-9k more because that little addition made the look more attractive and ya can't say no..just like us!! Lol
Old 02-06-14, 04:15 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
I agree w/ you Mr Gerrb deserves it more.. Im just hoping he doesnt move down South for good , not until he finish my SC . Good progess by the way. I wish i had the $$ right now i wouldve grab those 750cc from you.
You know I can't leave the city. So I will always be around. The only thing I like in the boonies are the open roads and highways. Get your parts ready so when this cold season is over , I can help you out install that engine.

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
I also picked up some 1000cc injectors today, so if anyone wants some new 750cc Bosch injectors let me know-$425.00
[IMG][/IMG]
I knew this was coming... . And what the hell is the connectors for those 1000cc injectors. I just got your EV14 connectors for your 750cc injectors installed on your harness and you already are replacing the injectors ? I have a feeling , you are going V160 and soon be wanting at least 800rwhp instead of 600rwhp .. but no worries when you are back in town , btw am back visiting siblings , let me know what connector those new injectors use. If they are different get me the connectors so I can modify your harness. But the picture above looks like they are EV14 too .. are they ?

If he knows what's good for him he'll stay his butt right here! Got more deer meat too for ya! Lol
Well , I have more open roads / highways to play with my toys in our place in the South. I just got a freaking speeding ticket last night on I85. But no worries, I will always be around here. Will help anytime I can guys.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-06-14 at 04:19 AM.
Old 02-06-14, 02:49 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

LOL. Thanks again for the ground deer meat, it was really lean and good. LMK if you can hook me up w/ some deer legs and butts, i wanna try to make some spicy stew.

Originally Posted by gerrb
You know I can't leave the city. So I will always be around. The only thing I like in the boonies are the open roads and highways. Get your parts ready so when this cold season is over , I can help you out install that engine.
glad to know that you are sticking around. Ill let you know asap when my parts are complete. Then off to hooters after the build lol
Old 02-16-14, 05:37 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Default Back from work and working on the engine

So, I have been out gone a few weeks for work and want to get back on the engine and try to have it ready for install next time I get back home. Last night I put the oil pump on and went to put on the water pump and noticed that it wasn't fitting for some reason.
[IMG][/IMG]
I ordered the water pump offline, but did my research and everything seemed to point to the Aisin WPT-038. Once I looked at the box I noticed it said 1jzgte engine.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
So, I went to Toyota today and bought a 2jzgte water pump assembly and it worked out just fine!

I also got my R154 and bellhousing put together. Finally starting to look like a transmission.
[IMG][/IMG]
Tomorrow I am going to go and get my valve covers, Intake manifold, Exhaust manifold etc. from powder coating/ceramic coating. Ill post some pictures when I get them back.
Old 02-16-14, 05:47 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

I need some help from everyone on this one. I am trying to decide whether or not to keep my 19" Wed Cranes or put the 18" Forgestar F14's that were on the car when I bought it. Take a look at the pictures and tell me which one you like best. I like both but cant decide. I see a lot of black on black cars these days and it looks mean, but the chrome looks very clean and baller if you ask me. Give me your opinion.

Wed Crane's 3pc- (sitting high due to no engine)
[IMG][/IMG]
Forgestar F-14's
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-17-14, 05:27 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Ahah...I think , I know those wheels and tires . Now I know you are interested with my 18x11 315/30R18 rears. You have nice shiny rims, baller looks . Regardless of which rims you have , just make sure you have the rubber to put that power you are aiming for ,down the road or it will all be useless. There is no point of spending all that money and having all that power just to say you have it. You might as well just say it and not really have it. Function should come first before form at least for me. I won't even have any bling bling on my RM2 build . Learned the hard way. Too much money thrown away that doesn't make the car go fast.

15x10 Welds RT-S are not the best looking wheels but I have been spinning my 275x35x18 tires badly on my RM1 and its only making just a tad higher than 800rwhp with Nitrous.... what more on my RM2 for which I am currently building it as a dyno queen so I can sell one of the MKIVs. I need more sidewalls on the rubber. Once I have the right wheel tire setup on my RM1 , I will push it over the 27psi it is right now . Without nitrous I am only at around 650rwhp which for me is perfect for a street car. Not so laggy but still have the power to play. The auto transmission is robbing a lot of power. I would like to see if that freaking nitrous inter-cooler spray bar really even helps and try to push it to around 32psi ( shoot I hope nothing breaks) . We haven't sprayed the inter-cooler yet. But without the right wheel and tire setup it is all useless.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-17-14 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-17-14, 06:35 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

purely based on looks, i say keep the 19's
Old 02-18-14, 10:36 AM
Freefallin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the stance!
Old 02-18-14, 06:55 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

So I got my top half of the oil pan back today. I had a local fab shop weld the -10an oil return onto it instead of having it bolted on and taking chances of it leaking. I went ahead and put that back on along with the baffle plate and oil pickup. And then finally the oil pan. STARTING TO LOOK LIKE A ENGINE AGAIN!!!!
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-18-14, 07:02 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

!!SNEAK PEAK OF THE ENGINE COMING TOGETHER!!
I let one of my buddies families shop do some powder coating on my valve covers, intake manifold, and ceramic coated my exhaust manifold. I was very impressed with their work and how clean it came out. No excess spray on areas that weren't suppose to be painted and the gasket surfaces are clean as a whistle. I couldnt do the throttle body because of the plastic pieces and little areas that are not recommended to be powder coated due to heat, so I will do that myself. I had it all done black Krinkle coat. Looks nice!!
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

I will post pics of the exhaust manifold tomorrow. I had some supports welded to it this afternoon.
Old 05-19-14, 01:36 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Been 3 months and no update ?

I know I have seen that engine inside the engine bay !

Hey Aaron , I forgot to take the auto tranny flex plate , getting another ATF tranny built.... keep it aside. I need that thing.. Please don't throw it out in the yard and get it rusted just like what you did on those freaking stock turbos .
Old 05-20-14, 09:20 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

I have been meaning to get on here and post all my updates, but with two kids under 5 and trying to keep the wifey happy its sometimes hard. So, I will give a brief overview of what has gone down in the past few months.
Old 05-20-14, 09:27 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

I worked on the fuel supply for a few weeks- Getting or waiting on a part I found I all of sudden needed/Racetronix Hoses/ Racetronix through tank wire feed/Fuel Pumps/-6an fuel lines, hoses ETHANOL compatible.
BY THE WAY THE ETHANOL TEFLON CORE HOSES ARE A PAIN IN THE A## TO FITTINGS ON!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-20-14, 09:30 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

I was sort of scared that the seat would hit the fuel fittings on the tank cap so I put 1" spacers between the fuel tank and the fuel tank mounts in the trunk. This allowed the fuel tank to sit a little further back in the trunk area and have no worries of the seats pushing against the fittings on the tank cap.
[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: **Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**