Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

**Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-14, 09:47 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went and got a alluminum bar welded to the top of the intercooler for a really sturdy support. Its bolted onto the frame forks.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-20-14, 09:50 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Took my shifter out and had it extended at Speed for Sale which is right down the street, and it fits perfect.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-20-14, 09:52 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Got to the point where I think everything was slapped on the engine itself so I couldnt help but to do this.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-20-14, 09:55 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

So Gerry & Ray came over yesterday and helped me lower the engine into the car which wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. I deff. couldnt have done it without them. I ran into some issues with the AC compressor not matching the hoses on the car, but I will post tomorrow what I did to fix that issue. Other than that here it is as of right now. Just a few hoses to cap off and connect and we will be very close to being able to fire it off!
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-20-14, 09:57 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

oh and I went and bought a battery just to test the cabin electronics ect.. THEY ALL WORKED PERFECT! YAYY
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-20-14, 10:03 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice to see another clean sc
Old 06-03-14, 09:47 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Let's get this car running ! One thing sure I know , I will get drunk at Hooters on Thursday once this car runs. Damn .. it will be the NBA finals too that night .. perfect for a night of drinking after a hard day's work !
Old 06-07-14, 06:24 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

I had my car and engine looking so nice before gerrb came over[IMG][/IMG]
But as we looked at wiring/AEM feedback/issues with previous owners wiring we realized their were a few things that needed to be addressed first before this bad boy fired up. So the last 4-5 days I have been up from 7am to 8pm working on this car getting the last few items finished or fix items gerrb or myself have found that kept us from getting this car up and running.
There were a few wiring issues due to the previous owner moving some wiring around that we werent expecting, but gerrb's harness was perfect as usual. The clutch signal switch they had jumped out and it was in another terminal than it was suppose to be in.
THE BIG ONE that could've been bad was a short somewhere that was giving my return fuel line 12v with alot of amperage apparently because it burnt through the stainless steel sheath on the fuel line and cause gas to leak. It also burned a hole in my stainless lines on my turbo oil feed and return oil lines by shorting those on the body. Here's a pic of the one return fuel line.
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Gerrb did some research and found that the fuel pump ecu could be causing some voltage if it was shorted out since its near the fuel tank. It wasn't connected to the fuel pumps because I am using AEM/Alternate power supply, but if there was a short in the fuel pump ecu it could be shorting out the lines. After we disconnected the fuel pump ECU it stopped shorting out.

Last edited by geauxsimon; 06-07-14 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-07-14, 06:29 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

We tried to start the car and it did fire off but wouldnt stay running more than 2 second. So, after I repaired the fuel lines and oil lines Gerrb setup the map on the AEM V2 and we gave her a go. [IMG][/IMG]Didnt have a fire extinguisher so I had the water hose really close[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-07-14, 06:48 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Today was a great day! Got to spend more time with the man the legend "Gerrb"...LOL IT STARTED AND RAN!!!
Check out first try at starting it.
Old 06-07-14, 06:56 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

I had a few more things that I wasnt able to get to over the last few days before we rolled it outside and set the idle speed and all..PLUS it was setting off the smoke detectors in the garage and pissing my wife off! LOL I put the dirftmotion w58-R154 adapter mounting bracket kit on after about 13 drill bits! Then I was able to find "AT GERRB's House (: " a sc300 differential flange to put on my TTSupra Differential since the TT LSD diff wont mate to a sc300 flange. After that was complete we rolled her out and fired her up and heres how she sounded.
Old 06-07-14, 06:59 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

I want to thank Gerrb personally for all the help from the first SC300 to getting this black sc300 started. He has always been willing to pickup the phone or ride over when I've had issues. I wouldn't have had a chance getting this car started without him. He has become a good friend of mine and really appreciate him and thankful for a friend like him. Thanks Gerrb!!
Old 06-07-14, 07:24 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Awesome job you guys!! Idle sound really good.. Gerrb, buddy you're my Idol! Hahaha.. But seriously tho, great job.
Old 06-07-14, 08:14 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
I want to thank Gerrb personally for all the help from the first SC300 to getting this black sc300 started. He has always been willing to pickup the phone or ride over when I've had issues. I wouldn't have had a chance getting this car started without him. He has become a good friend of mine and really appreciate him and thankful for a friend like him. Thanks Gerrb!!
It was a pleasure to be of help in getting your 2jzgte SC swap completed and running. You are another testament to the fact that you don't have to be a mechanic to get a 2jzgte swap done. It's all about patience and determination and you have done it.. congratulations.

Helping people with their toys allows me to learn new things with new challenges. Indeed ,hearing that engine comes alive gives you that sense of satisfaction after all that hard work.

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Awesome job you guys!! Idle sound really good.. Gerrb, buddy you're my Idol! Hahaha.. But seriously tho, great job.
hahaha.... so when will we get your car running so we can have a stroll to my place in the South and play ? If Aaron could do it .. you could do it too so start rolling your sleeves and go to work . We are only a few miles or a phone call away from you
Old 06-08-14, 03:28 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Glad to see you get in up and running....Gerry is the man when it come to GTE swaps into and SC....He helped me get mine up and running as well and has been problem free.

Quick Reply: **Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**