Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My widebody 98 SC400

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-16, 11:53 AM
scblackout
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By any chance do you happen to know what the 'perfect' wheel size and offset is for maximum tire width with the ed kit? I've just picked up the same ed kit myself and I have yet to find any solid information on proper fitments. I do know that I plan on running 18x10 or 18x12 as I have to clear the bbk, and want to run 335's in the rear. Just no idea what offsets would work best.

Car looks amazing and as mine is also black, your car was the inspiration for my deciding to purchase the kit in the first place. It seems to be the widest kit available that I could locate anywhere and should give enough clearance for putting really large tires on for the track. I just want to locate the proper rims before putting the knife to the car. There is no way I will run spacers on the track, so trying to get it right from the start.
Old 02-24-16, 12:58 AM
PiXEL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scblackout
By any chance do you happen to know what the 'perfect' wheel size and offset is for maximum tire width with the ed kit? I've just picked up the same ed kit myself and I have yet to find any solid information on proper fitments. I do know that I plan on running 18x10 or 18x12 as I have to clear the bbk, and want to run 335's in the rear. Just no idea what offsets would work best.

Car looks amazing and as mine is also black, your car was the inspiration for my deciding to purchase the kit in the first place. It seems to be the widest kit available that I could locate anywhere and should give enough clearance for putting really large tires on for the track. I just want to locate the proper rims before putting the knife to the car. There is no way I will run spacers on the track, so trying to get it right from the start.
factory 1st gen r35 wheel specs are 20x9.5 +45F and 20x10.5 +25R for reference.

i need to take an inch out of the backspacing of the front wheels to clear coilovers at max lock and add about 2 inches of lip for perfect flush fitment, however adding the lip would make it rub the inside of the side skirts and front bumper.

on the rear, im pretty sure a 19x12 0 would fit. just take perfect stock fitment and add about 2 inches of lip and thats +50mm.

tires, depends on profile but i doubt you might be able to squeeze a 335 in the back, front probably not.

Thank you so much, cool that it influenced you.
Old 04-08-20, 02:30 PM
PiXEL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Necro but the car has pretty much just sat in a storage unit for a couple of years now. I got an FRS at the end of 2017 and have been enjoying that, @alecbarrondrift if you want to see more. Who knows, maybe this car will make a return one day. Sorry for the terrible thread lol, i was in highschool and was pretty new to cars in general. I learned a lot of lessons from the SC and loved it quite a bit! consider this a to be continued for the car 🙂