Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC300 rebuild (1jz , bmw 530d 5-speed)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-17, 04:06 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,243 Likes on 866 Posts

The Swedish MOT forced you to cut into your car's body panels to add two little blinkers?? That's awful. Not the work you did to the fenders in order to appease their demands... but that the MOT folks more or less withheld your registration until you cut into your car's bodywork to add something that it was never designed to have cosmetically. It's not as if the huge tail light blinkers and front blinkers are hard to see. Wasn't the car already deemed road worthy by them a couple of years back without requiring this modification?

The car looks good back together again! I'm glad to see that's all it took to make them happy and enjoy your car again. I like those wheels in black, too.

Questions: Would your strict MOT rules disallow you adding a factory SC400 style front lip spoiler if you so desired? Or any factory body parts from a 1997+ model? I would hope not since those are all designed for the same model vehicle. Sweden just seems awfully strict on everything.
Old 11-18-17, 04:45 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

This guy will not settle for less. He always wanted the best for his cars .

He does things I won't even dare to do . Hope one day when go back to Europe for a visit , I will see your cars. Keep up the good work, Anders .
Old 11-18-17, 05:35 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

KahnBB6The Swedish MOT forced you to cut into your car's body panels to add two little blinkers?? That's awful. Not the work you did to the fenders in order to appease their demands... but that the MOT folks more or less withheld your registration until you cut into your car's bodywork to add something that it was never designed to have cosmetically. It's not as if the huge tail light blinkers and front blinkers are hard to see. Wasn't the car already deemed road worthy by them a couple of years back without requiring this modification?

The car looks good back together again! I'm glad to see that's all it took to make them happy and enjoy your car again. I like those wheels in black, too.

Questions: Would your strict MOT rules disallow you adding a factory SC400 style front lip spoiler if you so desired? Or any factory body parts from a 1997+ model? I would hope not since those are all designed for the same model vehicle. Sweden just seems awfully strict on everythin
Hi Kahn
I concur. Amongst other things, the bureaucracy in this country makes you wanna puke.
I knew about the turn signal rule and got away with it for a while.

They are very picky when it comes to modifications on the engine, but they wouldn't say anything about aftermarket bumpers or other cosmetic mods. Wheels can´t differ too much in size from oem. A single turbo is risky. People try to get single turbos through MOT and may succeed, but there´´s always a risk of "getting caught".. It was a rather complicated and pricey procedure to register this car with an unmodified 1jz. If you want a power upgrade, you should try to stay with an oem look.

Yes I Think that black Wheels on a White body looks good.
gerrbThis guy will not settle for less. He always wanted the best for his cars .

He does things I won't even dare to do . Hope one day when go back to Europe for a visit , I will see your cars. Keep up the good work, Anders .

Thanks Gerry. You know you´re always welcome to this gloomy, quasi communistic little country way up north .

Talking about cosmetic mods. This car is waiting for the +97 facelift kit I bought from you last year.

Old 01-08-18, 05:58 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Facelift kit painted in Diamond white pearl 051 . The local paint shop helped me with the repair of some small cracks and sanding as well.

Old 01-08-18, 06:07 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

wow ... those came out nice Anders .

Soon I will be back up North and will ship the other 97 body kit to you and the other stuff . Will PM you tomorrow for the small things we would need to ship separately through FEDEX or UPS.
Old 01-08-18, 06:15 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Yes, they did a really good work I think. According to the guy at the paint shop the pearl colour is complicated. Many layers of paint.

Sounds great with body kit number two . Thank you Sir!
Old 06-02-18, 09:31 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

I´ve been collecting parts for a new engine for this car for a while. It´s a slow build and will probably not be finished anytime soon. She´s still waiting for the +97 body kit. as well.

My goal is 500 whp with a stock look on the outside and in the engine bay. Sleeper mode.
I´m a noob when it comes to engine builds so I´d be grateful for any input.

My plan:

1,5 JZ
HKS T3G twin turbos
R154
supra auto tt torsen diff( 3,76)
stand alone ecu:
FMIC
supra tt denso fuel pump

This is how far I´ve come:

Block
I´m using the GE block that came with the car. I´ve been thinking of getting a gte block, but I´m a bit cheap.

Dismantling

Last edited by Lettut; 06-02-18 at 09:56 AM.
Old 06-02-18, 09:37 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Oil pump:
-2jzge vvti pump
- I´ve been reading alot about wether to go with a gte-pump or a ge-pump. Pros and cons. Some say that the oil pressure will be too low with a ge-pump and turbos, and some say that the pressure will be too high with a gte pump and no oil squirters. I don´t know. I´ve decided to go with a ge-pump. GE-blocks are cheap .

Head
I found a mk3 1jz with bad compression. A bit risky to buy it since it could have been a damaged head, The head was ok though. No warping. No cracks.. Cylinder nr 2 was bad.
I´m using the head, oil sump, oil cooler , ps-pump and intake from that engine. I´ve got a jzz30 harness to go with it.I´ll change the valve stem seals.later on.

Old 06-02-18, 09:44 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Turbos
HKS t3G twin turbos
HKS made these as a bolt on alternative for the 1jz. Exhaust manifolds and y-pipe are custom made by HKS, I´ve read that they are supposed to be good for 500 hp on a 1jz. Probably a bit more with the extra 500 cc on a 1,5 jz.. The "turbo guy" that helped me to build hybrid twins for my Supras has renovated them . I have the HKS y-pipe, but not the manifolds . I´m planning to mate a set of stock manifolds with T25-T3 adaptors

Old 06-02-18, 09:52 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Transmission
R 154
The BMW 530d transmission works fine, but I don´t like the gearing. The stock differential gearing on a BMW 530d is 2,35. I have mated it to a 3,76 diff. I can skip first gear as it is now
I´m going for a R154 for this one. I´ve read that they go well together with a 3,76 diff.. It´s from a Chaser with the same tripod as the Soarer. Gerrb helped me with the prop shaft. Thanks man!

Things to buy:
- 1jz head gasket
-arp head studs
-"oil sandwich" for turbo feed.

Things to decide:

Camshafts
I haven´t decided if I should upgrade or not. Do you guys think that I can reach 500 whp easily on stock shafts?

Injectors
I´m lost on this one. What do you recommend for 500whp?

Stand alone ECU
I´ need to check what the nearest tuner can tune. Any brands I should avoid?

Old 06-04-18, 08:32 AM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

For a ge block you dont need a sandwhich plate if you can source an is300 union bolt it will work as a turbo feed source
Old 06-04-18, 12:23 PM
Lettut
Pole Position

For a ge block you dont need a sandwhich plate if you can source an is300 union bolt it will work as a turbo feed source
Hi Chnk. Thanks for your input! Do you think that the oil supply would be enough for a twin turbo setup from the union bolt? With an oil sandwich I would have two fittings right away.
Old 08-11-18, 12:12 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Facelift kit:

Before;

and after:

Old 08-11-18, 02:23 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

A trunk emblem in the front. A tad bigger than a front one.

Old 08-11-18, 04:35 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

wow ... made it a look a lot newer !

Anders , do you paint your own cars ? I won't be surprise if you did with all your mad skills

Quick Reply: SC300 rebuild (1jz , bmw 530d 5-speed)