Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-04, 12:58 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally posted by jmecbr900
Looking Great Hameed! I'm very happy for you. I know you were very anxiously waiting to get these, so I'm glad it seems to have worked out for you. Your car is gaining speed with the Mods. Glad to see that for you too.
Thanks Jaime!!! The day that I installed the new rims, the car definitely felt peppier from a standstill. I am sure it is attributable to the lighter rims (22 lbs as opposed to the oem 26.5 lbs) . I had to watch my right foot carefully as the car was definitely faster from a stop.
Old 01-15-04, 07:08 PM
ripe911
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everybody.

Just want to let you guys know I am the one that bought Hameeds old rims. They came in today with UPS and look practically brand new. Hameed is happy about getting his HRE's but I am happy to get his old stocks. They're newer than what you see in the stores plus the Michellen Pilots are mint. The tires alone made it worth while because the ones I have are all diffferent brand. I know these are one of the best tires out there and go hand in hand with the performance of GS400.

Thanks bro for taking great care in packing the wheels.
Old 01-15-04, 07:16 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by ripe911
Hey everybody.

Just want to let you guys know I am the one that bought Hameeds old rims. They came in today with UPS and look practically brand new. Hameed is happy about getting his HRE's but I am happy to get his old stocks. They're newer than what you see in the stores plus the Michellen Pilots are mint. The tires alone made it worth while because the ones I have are all diffferent brand. I know these are one of the best tires out there and go hand in hand with the performance of GS400.

Hameed is really a good guy who takes great care of his car and from seeing his stock wheels this past summer they were MINT.. Can't wait to see his GS with the new shoes but all this snow and -30C with windchill might make that a bit difficult..
Old 01-15-04, 09:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

this is such a nice deal between 3 parties
Old 01-15-04, 09:11 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Deals like this are CL at its best, timeliness, fair pricing, and great condition! Hats off to all parties involved and glad everyone is satisfied!
Old 01-15-04, 09:25 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Lol, I talked to Dex tonight on the phone and he'd read this thread and he was like "hey man, everybody's bagging on my blue GS dammit!" He then started muttering something like "YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE"
Old 01-15-04, 11:47 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Lol, I talked to Dex tonight on the phone and he'd read this thread and he was like "hey man, everybody's bagging on my blue GS dammit!" He then started muttering something like "YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE"
What forums does he roam nowadays?
Old 01-16-04, 12:41 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by DaveGS4
hey he didnt' mention me?
Old 01-16-04, 12:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by 400DGRZ
What forums does he roam nowadays?
something bimmer related forsure ;D
Old 01-16-04, 03:09 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by ripe911

You are very welcome Nadeem!!!! It was a pleasure doing business with you!!! I made sure the wheels were very clean and were packed very well for the exact reasons you mentioned - "new rims/tires to you even though they were my old stockies"!!

0 degrees in NY??? That's HOT! Come on up here to Canada and experience the minus 20 Celsius temps and minus 30 Celsius with the windchill!!!!
Originally posted by 2SAVVY
Hameed is really a good guy who takes great care of his car and from seeing his stock wheels this past summer they were MINT.. Can't wait to see his GS with the new shoes but all this snow and -30C with windchill might make that a bit difficult..
Thanks Ken! You will be absolutely amazed at how agressive the wheels look when you see them in person! The pics don't convey that impression at all! (I find that I keep repeating myself about that! LOL )

- F - 18x8.5 OS.31 - very agressive offset!
- R - 18x9.5 OS.37 - very agressive offset!

I will just wash the car tomorrow at home in the freeezing weather and suspend the insurance till mid April as this snow and -20 C temperatures shows no signs of letting up.

Last edited by Hameed; 01-16-04 at 04:11 AM.
Old 01-16-04, 01:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Hameed

- F - 18x8.5 OS.31 - very agressive offset!
- R - 18x9.5 OS.37 - very agressive offset!

I will just wash the car tomorrow at home in the freeezing weather and suspend the insurance till mid April as this snow and -20 C temperatures shows no signs of letting up.
wow hameed, actually your front is 1mm more aggressive than mine! but yours is 18 within spec so that's better. mine is out of spec 20s so it rubs some places that it shouldn't in your case

the rear is good too
Old 01-16-04, 01:17 PM
Jefsmr2
Rookie

Great wheels Hameed, I was considering them myself before I settled on the SSR GT-3. They were just to expensive in 19's. You have a great lookin car!
Old 01-17-04, 02:20 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats Hameed !!

I never looked much into HRE wheels until I saw them in person. There's just something about these wheels in real life that pictures just can't do justice.

Also optimizing offset down to the last mm has gotta be "The Edge" that HRE's have over the generic offset that most wheels offer. HRE has the perfect offset specs for our cars, so that is important too.

Old 01-17-04, 03:45 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by RMMGS4
Congrats Hameed !!

I never looked much into HRE wheels until I saw them in person. There's just something about these wheels in real life that pictures just can't do justice.

Also optimizing offset down to the last mm has gotta be "The Edge" that HRE's have over the generic offset that most wheels offer. HRE has the perfect offset specs for our cars, so that is important too.

You just hit the nail on the head!!! When I first saw these wheels in pics on Dex's car, I was not that crazy about them. However after I saw them in person on my car, it is the difference between night and day. Simply unbelievable!!!

I tried to capture the aggressive offset in this pic: (I will post better pics later today):
Attached Thumbnails My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003-side_shot_hre1.jpg  
Old 01-17-04, 06:46 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very sexy wheels hameed. Congrads on getting them. They really look nice. Do you notice any difference with milage and speed penalty?
I am thinking of getting rims and you guys increase the pressure to do so since everyone is getting wheels.
Still holding back hoping to get a deal on a nice used set.

Quick Reply: My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003