Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-04, 10:59 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
Which mod should I do next? The pics below or the EDFC?
I replied before you posted these. Nice.
Old 04-09-04, 11:32 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang man, it looks awesome, just awesome!!!
Old 04-09-04, 01:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i love spring time
Old 04-09-04, 01:28 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks great...do 'em both
Old 04-09-04, 03:35 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

dude u'r car is slammed in the rear....i say do the brakes next
Old 04-09-04, 03:45 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally posted by bluelex
Thanks guys for the love!

I want to do the EDFC myself this weekend - at least running the wires through the car and then find a mechanic to do the power wiring to the control module.

Any DIY out there for the EDFC install?
Old 04-09-04, 04:12 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

nice hameed very nice

good mod choices
Old 04-09-04, 05:49 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,378 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Way to go Hameed! At first I didn't see that the first few pics were 'before' so I thought 'gee it doesn't look lowered that much' and then I realized they were before and could compare with the after pics. It would be great if you could get after pics from the same angles as the before ones and maybe post them before/after before/after in pairs to make it easier to compare if you know what I mean.

The after pics look really great. What size/offset are your rear rims by the way? Mine are closer to the fender it looks like but it's hard to say.

I'm also really glad you like the ride so far. Now when you say you set it to 6/8 you do know the 'actual' measurements are *** backwards from the way EDFC measures it? How did you measure the turns?

Good luck with the EDFC install! Looks like a HUGE challenge getting any cabling through the firewall in the engine bay - be careful.

And those brakes are gonna boggle your mind. I don't have drilled rears yet, are those StopTech rears you have? I'm considering Brembo drilled rears, steel lines and Axxis Metalmaster pads. I also plan to replace my front pads with Axxis Metalmasters instead of the 'ultimate squeakers'.
Old 04-09-04, 09:40 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by bitkahuna
are those StopTech rears you have?
Yes.
Old 04-09-04, 11:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by bluelex
that's not slammed, he should go lower!
Old 04-10-04, 05:03 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Way to go Hameed! At first I didn't see that the first few pics were 'before' so I thought 'gee it doesn't look lowered that much' and then I realized they were before and could compare with the after pics. It would be great if you could get after pics from the same angles as the before ones and maybe post them before/after before/after in pairs to make it easier to compare if you know what I mean.
Thanks Paul! Good suggestion regarding the pics. I will take some better pics this weekend in some park and will repost a whole bunch more.

The after pics look really great. What size/offset are your rear rims by the way? Mine are closer to the fender it looks like but it's hard to say.
Here are the wheel specs:
- F - 18x8.5 OS.31
- R - 18x9.5 OS.37
- Weight: ~ 22 lbs. Ea
- 245/40-18 for the fronts and 275/35-18 for the rears (Bridgestone Pole S-03's)

The pics don't do justice to how the wheels really look. They look much better and much more agressive in person.

I'm also really glad you like the ride so far. Now when you say you set it to 6/8 you do know the 'actual' measurements are *** backwards from the way EDFC measures it? How did you measure the turns?
I turned the screw fully clockwise and assumed that was 0/0 (stiffest) and then turned the screw 6 clicks anti-clockwise for the fronts and 8 clicks for the rears. Is that the same way the EDFC calibrates it?

After driving around yesterday I found that setting to be too hard. I could feel every undulation in the road and bad sections were just too noticeable. So I changed it to 8/10 when I got home but have not driven it yet. I will post impressions tomorrow on that setting.

Good luck with the EDFC install! Looks like a HUGE challenge getting any cabling through the firewall in the engine bay - be careful.
It looks like I will just run the wires to the motors and leave the power wiring to a professional.

And those brakes are gonna boggle your mind. I don't have drilled rears yet, are those StopTech rears you have? I'm considering Brembo drilled rears, steel lines and Axxis Metalmaster pads. I also plan to replace my front pads with Axxis Metalmasters instead of the 'ultimate squeakers'.
I believe I got the Axxis Metalmasters. That is one of the reasons for the delay in getting the brakes (changing the regular pads - the 'squeaker pads' to the MetalMasters). I was initially promised they would arrive at the end of January, but I just got them last week.

I got SS lines for the rear as well with EBC green pads as well. So I essentially got everything for the brake upgrade:
StopTech 14 inch big brake kit (this included of course, the 14 inch rotors, 4 piston calipers, Axxis Metalmaster pads, SS lines)
StopTech rear drilled rotors
SS lines for the rear

The only component not being replaced are the rear calipers.

Last edited by Hameed; 04-10-04 at 05:04 AM.
Old 04-10-04, 05:06 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by rominl
Once the suspension settles, they will look more slammed!
Old 04-10-04, 05:36 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Hameed. I too was like it doesn't even look lower then you posted the after pics lol
Anyways looks good, I say do the EDFC next! Those brakes are huuuuugggeeeee!
Old 04-10-04, 08:14 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by rominl
Remember he has 18s and it's a daily driver. He does not have the luxury of the extra height of the 20s.
Old 04-11-04, 11:06 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

After driving around on 6/8 (meaning turning the adjusting screw six clicks anti-clockwise from the stiffest position), I found that setting too hard.

So I changed it to 8/10 and I still find it too hard. What setting do you guys recommend it I set it to so that it has the same or approximately the same comfort level of the L-tuned suspension . (I am assuming that the handling will still be better than the L-tuned at that same comfort level).

What I feel is the real benefit of this mod is the height adjustability, the handling improvement (over L-tuned ss) and of course the shock damping adjustability. Now I need to figure out what settings I need to set the shock damping to so that the ride is not so hard. I am sure I can reach that compromise of comfort and great handling. There is ZERO body roll even at 8/10!!!

I had to swerve left very quickly to avoid having a collision going through an intersection when someone turned right in front of me and all I can say is WOW - regarding the car's stability during that sudden change in direction. The car felt very planted and solid!

Last edited by Hameed; 04-11-04 at 11:09 AM.

Quick Reply: My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003