Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-04, 11:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

congrats again hameed. so now you know what a lot of us have been talking about right? you just can't plainly use words to describe what this does to the car. it's just amazingly fast. you are always in power band, and you can smash it at any speed and it's still a rocket

and if you take your vsc off and just floor it, i am sure you will loose your whole 1st gear. you only chirped and grabbed coz' the vsc kicked in and cut off throttle, otherwise... i have 20s (granted they are relatively light) but with the tc and lsd i can still loose my whole 1st all the way, so imagine your 18s being lighter!

oh btw, hameed, hate to say but it would be very scary if you have 275cm wide tires i hope you meant to say 275mm j/k

so now, who's next?
Old 11-09-04, 11:38 AM
Fisher503
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would If someone could get it to work on a 430. I want one but I don't want the check engine light . Someone chrack the computer on this car please.
Old 11-09-04, 11:56 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
congrats again hameed. so now you know what a lot of us have been talking about right? you just can't plainly use words to describe what this does to the car. it's just amazingly fast. you are always in power band, and you can smash it at any speed and it's still a rocket

and if you take your vsc off and just floor it, i am sure you will loose your whole 1st gear. you only chirped and grabbed coz' the vsc kicked in and cut off throttle, otherwise... i have 20s (granted they are relatively light) but with the tc and lsd i can still loose my whole 1st all the way, so imagine your 18s being lighter!

oh btw, hameed, hate to say but it would be very scary if you have 275cm wide tires i hope you meant to say 275mm j/k

so now, who's next?
We need to get together somewhere in between Ontario and Cali and race each other!
Ooops! 275 mm not cm!!!

What's next? Right now nothing major. I just can't afford to. The new house is eating up all and any funds I have. I still have to update my new house thread here on CL with some recent pics.

Last edited by Hameed; 11-09-04 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-09-04, 12:33 PM
Navaz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hameed
[B]We need to get together somewhere in between Ontario and Cali and race each other!

You guys should meet up in Calgary so I can join in.
Old 11-09-04, 09:03 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good deal Hameed-sounds like you're lovin it.

So what's up with a GS430? Causes probs or what?
Old 11-09-04, 09:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Fisher503
I would If someone could get it to work on a 430. I want one but I don't want the check engine light . Someone chrack the computer on this car please.
yeah i know the CEL is kinda annoying. although it's not really a problem but it's just annoying. 430 has too many sensors....

kinda suck, coz' otherwise it's good mods for the sc430 and ls430. i think that's what keeping people from getting these on their cars
Old 11-09-04, 09:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Hameed
We need to get together somewhere in between Ontario and Cali and race each other!
Ooops! 275 mm not cm!!!

What's next? Right now nothing major. I just can't afford to. The new house is eating up all and any funds I have. I still have to update my new house thread here on CL with some recent pics.
hahah yeah sure, we aer only about 3k miles away?

i can understand man, house is definitely a HUGE project
Old 11-09-04, 09:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by chuckb
Good deal Hameed-sounds like you're lovin it.

So what's up with a GS430? Causes probs or what?
not really a problem. but coz' of teh different sensor setup design on the gs430, if you put the tc on, it will work no problem, just like the 400 engine, but you will get the check engine light on your dash. again there is nothing mulfunctioning about the car, just that the sensor pick up a little weird about the tranny
Old 11-11-04, 02:37 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dammm Hameed you went out and finally got it done. I am glad you did. Your experience and the way you say it sums up all our feelings with people who installed this. It's the next best thing after sex

Like I said in my previous review on the TC ....I just couldn't believe I did not install this sooner. Then again its hard to convince someone to spend around 1k in parts and labor to have this installed.

You have come full circle with the TC installed along with the LSD and you rightfully reserved your place in the CL elite members club. I guess the platinum membership club is resevered exclusively for the FI guys.

Together both these mods are deadly and work excellent with one another. How do I know? You might say I just became a new member to the Elite members club as well. reviews and pictures soon to follow.

Burn baby burn!!!!!

Last edited by DrewGS4; 11-11-04 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-11-04, 04:34 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by DrewGS4
Dammm Hameed you went out and finally got it done. I am glad you did. Your experience and the way you say it sums up all our feelings with people who installed this. It's the next best thing after sex

Like I said in my previous review on the TC ....I just couldn't believe I did not install this sooner. Then again its hard to convince someone to spend around 1k in parts and labor to have this installed.

You have come full circle with the TC installed along with the LSD and you rightfully reserved your place in the CL elite members club. I guess the platinum membership club is resevered exclusively for the FI guys.

Together both these mods are deadly and work excellent with one another. How do I know? You might say I just became a new member to the Elite members club as well. reviews and pictures soon to follow.

Burn baby burn!!!!!

Drew you got the LSD nice to tell me

have to meet up i need a ride LOL

congrats
Old 11-11-04, 07:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Burn baby burn!!!!!
hahhaha, so somehow pulled the trigger on the supra lsd as well huh?
Old 11-12-04, 05:07 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Thanks Drew! Congrats on the LSD install!! Yes I sometimes think it is the the third best thing after sex. The second best thing is a drive in the 997 Porsche!
Old 11-12-04, 08:54 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

u had me going hameed, congrats by the way...
Old 11-13-04, 05:52 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by bluelex
u had me going hameed, congrats by the way...
Thanks Blu!
Old 11-14-04, 04:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,445 Likes on 1,603 Posts

OK my apologies to Hameed for dropping the tranny thread into the gutter...

Quick Reply: My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003