My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-06, 07:44 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Great job Hameed and great write-up
Thanks! What did you think of the exhaust note?

Originally Posted by liquidsilver
It looks hot hameed........Btw where did u take it to have the exhaust done? It really looks mint.
Thanks man. Zoro Muffler in Mississauga - SW corner of Stanfield and Dundas just west of Dixie Road. http://www.zoromuffler.com/locations_mississauga.html

The guy who worked on my car happens to also be an auto enthusiast and has a crazily modified Supra Turbo. I will go to their next meet - apparently they have lots of members up here. He mentioned close to 50 members that show up for their monthly meets!

Last edited by Hameed; 04-17-06 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-17-06, 08:09 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,276 Likes on 1,383 Posts

Wow Hameed that sounds awesome! Reminds me a lot of Dr G's exhaust note on his GS.
Old 04-17-06, 08:12 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds awesome man! I have heard an exhaust sound very familiar to that somewhere!! Glad you finally got it done. Great mod.

Jonny
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice set up. I am thinking about x-pipe as well. I will have to wait to hear the vid when I get home. Congrats.
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nascar style.
Old 04-17-06, 08:21 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great sound !
Old 04-17-06, 08:25 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow Hameed your car sounds sweet
Old 04-17-06, 08:35 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,445 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Woof woof! Sounds awesome. What do your neighbors think?
Old 04-17-06, 04:46 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the mod Hameed. I have not heard the clip yet but it looks like a clean job by the shop.
Old 04-17-06, 06:56 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm having issues with the clips, can't watch them for some reason but the pics to say a lot when compared to stock exhaust and piping pics. Great job. I'm going to have to go to my wife's labtop to see the vids..
Old 04-18-06, 07:16 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Wow Hameed that sounds awesome! Reminds me a lot of Dr G's exhaust note on his GS.
Thanks Dave! Is Dr G's car SC'd or T'd?

Originally Posted by Dx3
Sounds awesome man! I have heard an exhaust sound very familiar to that somewhere!! Glad you finally got it done. Great mod.

Jonny
Thanks! Your car's exhaust was part of my reasonging to do mine.

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Very nice set up. I am thinking about x-pipe as well. I will have to wait to hear the vid when I get home. Congrats.
Heard the Vids yet DASHOCKER?
Old 04-18-06, 07:21 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by Richie
Sounds GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nascar style.
Originally Posted by AJ
Great sound !
Originally Posted by alsilverbullet
Wow Hameed your car sounds sweet
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Woof woof! Sounds awesome. What do your neighbors think?
Thanks guys! I can't get enough of the amazing sound - I have to find a deserted tunnel so that I can record a better sound track!

My neighbours haven't even noticed. It is ONLY loud on hard acceleration. My neighbours don't even know I have modded the exhaust. Even on part throttle, it is not that noticeable - just a hint of its aggresive tone is detectable

Originally Posted by Neo
Congrats on the mod Hameed. I have not heard the clip yet but it looks like a clean job by the shop.
Thanks, the shop does do good work. I only wish I could have afforded a complete stainless steel exhaust, but didn't bite the bullet for two reasons - I could not afford it and I was also not sure of what the outcome would be - it may have turned out to be too loud all the time and then I would have been forced to modify it yet again. Obviously I would have then had to take out a loan to spend even more at that point.

Heard the clip yet? What did you think of it (assuming you have by now)?

Last edited by Hameed; 04-18-06 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-18-06, 07:22 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by bluelex
I'm having issues with the clips, can't watch them for some reason but the pics to say a lot when compared to stock exhaust and piping pics. Great job. I'm going to have to go to my wife's labtop to see the vids..
Thanks Adrian! Have you heard the clip yet? Let me know what you think of it.
Old 04-18-06, 08:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow that's MEAN and MEAN man, sounds really muscle!!!!!! congrats on the whole custom setup!

i wonder though, in terms of the sound, how much you think is from exhaust and how much is from intake?

and in terms of from inside the cabin, maybe you can describe a bit about the sound? you know, it's good to hear sound outside but sometimes it's a headache to hear too much sound from inside. from outside the exhaust sounds pretty damn loud!

congrats again man!
Old 04-18-06, 09:00 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by rominl
wow that's MEAN and MEAN man, sounds really muscle!!!!!! congrats on the whole custom setup!
Thanks!

i wonder though, in terms of the sound, how much you think is from exhaust and how much is from intake?
From the audio you listened to, I doubt very much you heard anything from the intake - this is all exhaust, but I could be wrong. Intake sound is at the front of the car and I doubt very much the camcorder captured that.
and in terms of from inside the cabin, maybe you can describe a bit about the sound? you know, it's good to hear sound outside but sometimes it's a headache to hear too much sound from inside. from outside the exhaust sounds pretty damn loud!

congrats again man!
This description I placed in the beginning of the thread was actually referring to the sound in the interior of the car, not the exterior. The video I shot only captured the sound from the outside under hard acceleration.

It is very loud inside and outside the car on WOT ONLY. That alone is worth the price of admission. On start up, the exhaust does not have a very deep note to it, however when you drive off and accelerate very hard, the exhaust note is pure music to my ears!!! It sounds like a more sophisticated version of a V8 mustang, however deeper than than a mid engine exotic car like a Lambo or Ferrari.

When cruising at city speeds or the highway and the tranny has shifted into 5th, you can barely tell the difference compared to the L-tuned mufflers by themselves (my previous only exhaust mod). So for example when I come home my neighbours don't know I am coming home. I was very concerned that the exhaust would be loud ALL the time, but that is not the case at all.

Quick Reply: My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003