Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

new to the forum with a build in process

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-14, 06:33 AM
scdosjayz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the forum with a build in process

hello everyone on cl I'm new to forum and happy to be a lexus owner so to start off i have a black sc300 with no motor i really wanted to go tt ended up being out of my price range. i recently purchased a complete na and figured why not go na-t. so far i have motor , r154 trans , spec clutch , 3 inch exhaust and a 71m borgwarner turbo. i would really like to make around 550-600 rwhp i just need some guidance to help get to that point dos and so nots to reach my goal I'm new to whole 2jz and want to make power
Old 06-10-14, 09:03 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

FFIM, bigger TB, injectors, engine management, TT headgasket, TT head studs, wastegate, BOV, intercooler + piping, EGR block off plate, and a turbo exhaust manifold is all you need.

You still need around $2,500 to finish this and that's with used parts. Best of luck with the build.
Old 06-11-14, 05:18 AM
scdosjayz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tabaka
FFIM, bigger TB, injectors, engine management, TT headgasket, TT head studs, wastegate, BOV, intercooler + piping, EGR block off plate, and a turbo exhaust manifold is all you need.

You still need around $2,500 to finish this and that's with used parts. Best of luck with the build.
i forgot to mention i have intercooler and piping. what im worried about is if i can make that type of power with a distributor and thanks for the support
Old 06-11-14, 06:27 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Another turbo black jersey sc Goodluck with the build
Old 06-11-14, 08:54 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No, I would get rid of the distributor and convert to VVTI coils and a DS62 igniter. Check out the TT ECU mod that Ali created. I have the VVTI coils if you're interested.

-Tab
Old 06-11-14, 09:12 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

yeah you can do the tt ecu mod with some larger injectors and get rid of the distributor and go coilpacks and stuff, same if you went standalone like aem v1 or v2 among others out there.
you can also use the distributor up to 600hp, some have used it for more, but the plug gap has to come down or add an ignition amplifier, etc, etc, we all just end up going coilpacks to make more power more easily but the distributor with a new rotor and cap can do it just not great.

most important thing for na-t is engine management, forget the rest of the small stuff for now its all easy. decide that and then go with the best coils that ecu can support from the start is what I always recommend.
Old 06-12-14, 05:25 AM
scdosjayz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
yeah you can do the tt ecu mod with some larger injectors and get rid of the distributor and go coilpacks and stuff, same if you went standalone like aem v1 or v2 among others out there.
you can also use the distributor up to 600hp, some have used it for more, but the plug gap has to come down or add an ignition amplifier, etc, etc, we all just end up going coilpacks to make more power more easily but the distributor with a new rotor and cap can do it just not great.

most important thing for na-t is engine management, forget the rest of the small stuff for now its all easy. decide that and then go with the best coils that ecu can support from the start is what I always recommend.
thanks for the support im kind of mind boggled with wiring because the motor i bought has all the plugs and everything but its cut where all the wires meet. my question is should i go ahead and make my own wire harness considering the coilpack mod or should i get a harness that came off a sc with a tt swap? my friend had an sc with a jdm tt swap and bought the harness if im not mistaken from the wire harness dr idk his name but just so he can have a plug and play setup with his aem but he wants 700$
Old 06-12-14, 09:22 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

you can either start with a new 2jz-GE harness and modify that by adding wires for all the extra ignition stuff (coilpacks and ignitor), or you can use your friends harness on your car and use TT coils and ignitor and a tt ecu. you will have to move some stuff around on the engine bay part of the harness as the gte motor has a few different things going to different spots like the cam and crank sensors are in different places.

so you can either pay 700 and rewire that harness in the engine bay, or you can pay 1-150 and add the ignition wires to that harness. Its usually only worth using a tt harness if you are dropping in a TT motor and want the twins and all the extra stuff to work plug and play. if you are going single turbo na-t then its much cheaper to use a sc300 harness and go from there adding the ignitor wires and coilpack wires, as once you modify that tt harness its no longer worth $700 anymore, and a tt harness is not plug and play on a na-t it will require some rewiring in the bay. its arguably the same amount of work or easier to just install the coil wires on the ge harness which is what me and many members have done.
Old 06-19-14, 05:37 AM
scdosjayz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
you can either start with a new 2jz-GE harness and modify that by adding wires for all the extra ignition stuff (coilpacks and ignitor), or you can use your friends harness on your car and use TT coils and ignitor and a tt ecu. you will have to move some stuff around on the engine bay part of the harness as the gte motor has a few different things going to different spots like the cam and crank sensors are in different places.

so you can either pay 700 and rewire that harness in the engine bay, or you can pay 1-150 and add the ignition wires to that harness. Its usually only worth using a tt harness if you are dropping in a TT motor and want the twins and all the extra stuff to work plug and play. if you are going single turbo na-t then its much cheaper to use a sc300 harness and go from there adding the ignitor wires and coilpack wires, as once you modify that tt harness its no longer worth $700 anymore, and a tt harness is not plug and play on a na-t it will require some rewiring in the bay. its arguably the same amount of work or easier to just install the coil wires on the ge harness which is what me and many members have done.
thanks for the info i appreciate it i did a lot of thinking and ended up just getting a tt