Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

MN 2JZ-GTE/R154 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-20, 05:20 AM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Here is the video we took while working on the 2jz

Also, here in MN there is a cruise every Saturday. We will be attending the next one this weekend. So we will record and try to capture more cars. It was a lot of fun.

Old 05-10-20, 05:22 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

I had some good news this week. No new vids as we discussed at the shop more business. We will soon announce our local fabricator working now with 507GARAGE. He will be getting the car end of next week to fab the dry sump, chassis-mounted wing, weld on -20AN bungs and -24 AN for the dry break as our fuel hanger is a -24AN

Also, our fittings sponsor Oetiker (formerly known as JiffyTite) is behind the project as we push to get this car running.

example of their quick zero to minimal leak fittings. I like these better.

I uploaded a video of my PRI visit last November 2019 where a Mobil1's booth, just happen to be using the same fittings.

https://i.imgur.com/s6YpTKW.mp4

So upcoming we will be pushing more fab work and dropping the engine on to get a nice transmission mount made for the 2jz to BMW transmission. It will be a lot of fun to get that done. Get the measurement for the driveshaft make it and make sure everything fits. This will allow us to have a full Kit that will allow 2JZ, UZ engine owner of 1st and 2nd gen GS a full system. They would just purchase it from us at 507GARAGE and all the person would need to source will be the BMW manual transmission.

Look forward to these Teo GS’s running these soon . 1st Gen Lexus GS will get some love as it has been requested many times. 2 GS will have a bit more manual swap options too.

Last edited by ELLeon; 05-10-20 at 06:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Answer300 (05-11-20)
Old 05-12-20, 08:47 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Received the BMW transmission today. Waiting on more parts before recording the install video

Old 05-13-20, 03:35 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Now we have both the RWD and AWD GS6 transmission in the shop. So we now will start fabrication of parts for the shop cars to sport these BMW transmission for testing before we start to produce them and add them to the BMW transmission to 1jz/2jz, and 1U/2U/3UZ kits.

MN 2JZ-GTE/R154 Swap-unumiby.jpg

Last edited by ELLeon; 05-13-20 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-19-20, 05:14 AM
ELLeon
Pole Position

We received a box from one of our sponsors Oetiker (Jiffy-Tite). The box contains all the fittings to allow us to get our fuel cell plumbing done. I am excited to get this done. We made an unboxing video to talk a bit more about the fittings and the company a little bit.

Attachment 487714

MN 2JZ-GTE/R154 Swap-bjg87z0.jpg

Old 05-19-20, 07:05 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 270 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by ELLeon
Now we have both the RWD and AWD GS6 transmission in the shop. So we now will start fabrication of parts for the shop cars to sport these BMW transmission for testing before we start to produce them and add them to the BMW transmission to 1jz/2jz, and 1U/2U/3UZ kits.
I'm looking forward to seeing how you mount this into the car and fabricate a trans mount. I've been wanting to manual swap but I want a trans thats stronger than the R154 since it seems weak for the price. Please comment on trans tunnel clearance as well as if the shifter fits into the stock location. On the Grannas racing T56 magnum swap, he made a custom adapter to make the shifter align with the factory hole. Will you be selling a trans mount on your site if this all goes smoothly? It looks like the kit that you're selling includes the flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, and bell housing adapter only. If the trans mount isn't too expensive and the shifter lines up, it looks like this is another good aftermarket manual trans option if it can hold power. Especially cost wise compared to a T56 magnum swap.
Old 05-19-20, 08:48 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by captainva
I'm looking forward to seeing how you mount this into the car and fabricate a trans mount. I've been wanting to manual swap but I want a trans thats stronger than the R154 since it seems weak for the price. Please comment on trans tunnel clearance as well as if the shifter fits into the stock location. On the Grannas racing T56 magnum swap, he made a custom adapter to make the shifter align with the factory hole. Will you be selling a trans mount on your site if this all goes smoothly? It looks like the kit that you're selling includes the flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, and bell housing adapter only. If the trans mount isn't too expensive and the shifter lines up, it looks like this is another good aftermarket manual trans option if it can hold power. Especially cost wise compared to a T56 magnum swap.

-----

Once we have the transmission mount figured out we will have a mount for sale along with the kit. This transmission holds power, so there is no question about that. Some examples below. This adapter is mainly used in the UK, Poland, and pretty much outside the US. As out there they dint have the CD009 option from Nissan and they have a ton of German cars. So they started using those transmissions to convert their vehicles.>

- same GS6 transmission

- same GS6 transmission

These hold power well, no issues there. I get my adapter/clutch kit tomorrow 5/20/2020. So I am excited about that

We are working on putting together a full kit, so for those who want to buy the transmission mount can purchase that "a la carte" with their adapter kit.. These adapter kits folks with BMW's tend to use them the most on their BMW's. We will be the first to run it on a Lexus/Toyota. A brand outside the BMW German platform. So we are excited to put this together this weekend. Setting up the shifter in these is so much easier that with a R154. So as we get the proper length of the shifter linkage we will also have that item for sale for the 2nd Gen GS3/GS4. As well as for the 1st Gen GS3. We have several 1st and 2nd gen LS400's IS300's 1st gen lined up for this as well so we can expand the kit to those platforms as well.
captainva (05-20-20)
Old 05-22-20, 04:46 AM
ELLeon
Pole Position

This week I received more additional parts, received the Adamat Motorsport Adapter/Clutch/Flywheel Kit. Made a small unboxing video for that as well for the Ignition Projects HEXA PAC Coils.

Old 10-20-20, 07:27 AM
ELLeon
Pole Position

I have been bad at posting, I am more consistent posting on my IG and on my youtube channel if anyone cares to follow along there.

Old 10-20-20, 12:49 PM
Answer300
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

I was wondering if this build was still alive!!!
Old 11-29-20, 09:47 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Answer300
I was wondering if this build was still alive!!!
yes I keep adding more **** instead of shutting down my wallet. I stay on my IG and than this. I am really trying to make an effort to post here. I wish adding pictures was much simpler.

Answer300 (12-01-20)
Old 11-29-20, 09:54 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

I am working on making my own splitter /lip and canards. I have been documenting it via YouTube. So I will try to post here more

car is scheduled to go in for paint. So in the meantime I need to get all things ready. Brackets for fire suppression, air Jack system brackets need to be welded on. I am just getting things so I can then take them off and send the car to paint.

I apologize to those whom check the car out here. I again will try to post more here. If you are interested and want to check the YouTube channel and IG they are on my signature.

laterz GS family
Old 11-30-20, 07:39 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 270 Likes on 236 Posts

I'm sure you already watch them but if not check out the street bandito youtube channel. They swapped every body panel on their 280Z in 100% carbon with full track aero.
Old 11-30-20, 04:38 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by captainva
I'm sure you already watch them but if not check out the street bandito youtube channel. They swapped every body panel on their 280Z in 100% carbon with full track aero.

I have, very cool
Old 12-01-20, 11:06 AM
ELLeon
Pole Position

I am prepping to record the next video and to pull an N54, and add more layers to the lip/splitter

Quick Reply: MN 2JZ-GTE/R154 Swap