Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Redspencer's Track-Tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken LSD Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-21, 06:02 PM
ELexis
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts

redspencer, appreciate the follow up and additional photos, thank you.
Old 03-01-21, 07:26 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,629 Posts

Originally Posted by redspencer
I do have a four point front lower chassis brace similar to that Ultra Racing UR-LA-171. It's made by GT Spec and is the brace that I've been highly recommending to supplement the F-Sport rear under chassis brace. Both of these braces have a noticeable improvement with chassis responsiveness from initial steering inputs.

Since we're on the subject of braces, I dug through some of my IS350 photos to find pics of the braces installed on my car:

1) GT Spec four point front under brace and Megan front two point brace:

2) Center tunnel brace (custom made by MikeFig82) and F-Sport rear under chassis brace:

3) Another set of billet aluminum rear braces (I forget the name of them). They are said to help with minimizing chassis flex when going up steep driveways:

4) Ultra Racing Front Shock Tower Brace:
Wow, there's probably no track or canyon road your IS can't handle. If you're ever in Cali, I'll take you on some roads that will put those braces to the test!
Old 03-02-21, 05:38 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 534 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Wow, there's probably no track or canyon road your IS can't handle. If you're ever in Cali, I'll take you on some roads that will put those braces to the test!
I love the canyon roads in California. The Angeles Crest Highway is my go to spot whenever I'm in my lowly eco rental car with less than optimal tires. Lol.

Since I'm in the east coast, I absolutely need to make a trip to Tail of the Dragon with the IS350 one of these years. Florida has nothing but flat straight roads. Great for drag racers but not corner carvers.
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (03-02-21)
Old 03-02-21, 09:56 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I love the canyon roads in California. The Angeles Crest Highway is my go to spot whenever I'm in my lowly eco rental car with less than optimal tires. Lol.

Since I'm in the east coast, I absolutely need to make a trip to Tail of the Dragon with the IS350 one of these years. Florida has nothing but flat straight roads. Great for drag racers but not corner carvers.
I love Angeles Crest, I've driven it a few times when visiting my family in SoCal. I'm eager to try it out now that I have the F-Sport Sway bars and rear chassis brace and ISF steering ECU. I did drive through the Sierra foothills in 2019 (Hwy 198 East to Three Rivers) before I did any mods and it was fun, but I was getting a bit more body roll at the time. Another drive you should do if you are down here again is hwy 101/Pacific Coast hwy between NorCal and SoCal. Amazing drive, hills and mountains on one side and the Pacific Ocean on the other
redspencer (03-02-21)
Old 03-02-21, 09:48 PM
bakalag
Intermediate

Received 419 Likes on 122 Posts

Def will come out when you're in Cali =D, I'll let you drive my car in Angeles Crest
The following 2 users liked this post by bakalag:
AMIRZA786 (03-02-21), redspencer (03-03-21)
Old 03-05-21, 04:58 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I love Angeles Crest, I've driven it a few times when visiting my family in SoCal. I'm eager to try it out now that I have the F-Sport Sway bars and rear chassis brace and ISF steering ECU. I did drive through the Sierra foothills in 2019 (Hwy 198 East to Three Rivers) before I did any mods and it was fun, but I was getting a bit more body roll at the time. Another drive you should do if you are down here again is hwy 101/Pacific Coast hwy between NorCal and SoCal. Amazing drive, hills and mountains on one side and the Pacific Ocean on the other
Hopefully you'll get the chance to return back to Angeles Crest Highway with your new setup as you'll have better feedback with your upgraded steering ECU along with the added chassis and suspension upgrades. PCH is definitely one of my favorite drives and one I used to do a lot of whenever I'm in the West coast. Since the pandemic, travel has been zilch for me.

Originally Posted by bakalag
Def will come out when you're in Cali =D, I'll let you drive my car in Angeles Crest
Thanks for the kind offer ​​​​​​. I always feel weird driving someone else's baby and would hate to be "that guy" to damage your car's front lip or worse. Whenever I do make the journey back there, I'll be sure to rent a car more suitable for canyon carving instead of the usual FWD rental cars.

During the past few weeks, I've been enjoying the GR Supra more often as I've been taking it out any chance I could get so I can enjoy the drive and live in the moment. Doing WOT pulls are a blast and the amount of attention it gets on the road is crazy. Here's a few new pics that I took recently:

Though I rarely see another Supra on the road, I happened to have spotted two other GR Supras parked in front of a Best Buy today so I couldn't resist taking a group shot.

As far as driving dynamics, the GR Supra has a different driving feel compared to my IS350. The Supra's chassis feels like it was sculpted out of a solid piece of metal and has a very low center of gravity. However, the IS350 still always puts a smile on my face by feeling like a RWD rally car.

Last edited by redspencer; 03-05-21 at 05:10 PM.
AMIRZA786 (03-05-21)
Old 03-05-21, 05:28 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Hopefully you'll get the chance to return back to Angeles Crest Highway with your new setup as you'll have better feedback with your upgraded steering ECU along with the added chassis and suspension upgrades. PCH is definitely one of my favorite drives and one I used to do a lot of whenever I'm in the West coast. Since the pandemic, travel has been zilch for me.

Thanks for the kind offer ​​​​​​. I always feel weird driving someone else's baby and would hate to be "that guy" to damage your car's front lip or worse. Whenever I do make the journey back there, I'll be sure to rent a car more suitable for canyon carving instead of the usual FWD rental cars.

During the past few weeks, I've been enjoying the GR Supra more often as I've been taking it out any chance I could get so I can enjoy the drive and live in the moment. Doing WOT pulls are a blast and the amount of attention it gets on the road is crazy. Here's a few new pics that I took recently:

Though I rarely see another Supra on the road, I happened to have spotted two other GR Supras parked in front of a Best Buy today so I couldn't resist taking a group shot.

As far as driving dynamics, the GR Supra has a different driving feel compared to my IS350. The Supra's chassis feels like it was sculpted out of a solid piece of metal and has a very low center of gravity. However, the IS350 still always puts a smile on my face by feeling like a RWD rally car.
That Supra is just awesome! I wish I was able to get weekend car but I don't have the space. I already have 4 cars, and my wife's Sienna is just sitting there since I leased her an EV. I can't sell it right now because this is our "long trip" vehicle. When her lease is up in 2023, I'm going to sell the Sienna and get her a Ford Mustang Mach-E, by then it will have at least a 400 mile range, and with all the fast chargers all over California, it will become our new road trip car
redspencer (03-05-21)
Old 03-21-21, 12:24 AM
johnH03
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been under the impression that the Bilstein shocks are available for the 3IS platform as the part number for one of the shocks listed on Lexus (PTR1353140) differs from the ones listed for the 2IS platform.

3IS Bilstein shocks:
https://parts.lexus.com/p/Lexus__IS-...TR1353140.html

2IS Bilstein shocks P/Ns:

Hi Redspencer, I was recently thinking about getting the F-sport shock set for my 08' IS350 that I got recently, I want to buy the shocks but the left shock part number #PTR13-53094 has been discontinued. Can I use the complete shock set from the IS AWD or the IS convertible or can I just buy the left shock from the IS AWD/ IS Convertible set?
Old 03-21-21, 03:46 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Originally Posted by johnH03
Hi Redspencer, I was recently thinking about getting the F-sport shock set for my 08' IS350 that I got recently, I want to buy the shocks but the left shock part number #PTR13-53094 has been discontinued. Can I use the complete shock set from the IS AWD or the IS convertible or can I just buy the left shock from the IS AWD/ IS Convertible set?
Good question. Though the tuning of each set of shocks is likely tailored to the RWD, AWD, and ISC, I'm not certain if there are variations in the shock design that would cause issues with installing shocks on a RWD IS that were specific to an ISC or AWD model. Hopefully another forum expert can chime in.

Regarding discontinued part numbers, have you checked on these two sources? They appear to be in stock but their inventory listing could be outdated.

https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...tr1353094.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173625502651
Old 03-21-21, 04:08 AM
ELexis
Instructor

johnH03;

May be worth inquiring about;

ebay: LEXUS 06-16 IS250/350 2WD F-SPORT FACTORY OEM FRONT LH+RH PERFORMANCE SHOCK SET
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-06-16...QAAOSwT9leq-Yx

Old 03-21-21, 04:44 PM
johnH03
7th Gear

Originally Posted by ELexis
johnH03;

May be worth inquiring about;

ebay: LEXUS 06-16 IS250/350 2WD F-SPORT FACTORY OEM FRONT LH+RH PERFORMANCE SHOCK SET
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-06-16...QAAOSwT9leq-Yx
ok will look into that thank you
Old 03-21-21, 04:50 PM
johnH03
7th Gear

Good question. Though the tuning of each set of shocks is likely tailored to the RWD, AWD, and ISC, I'm not certain if there are variations in the shock design that would cause issues with installing shocks on a RWD IS that were specific to an ISC or AWD model. Hopefully another forum expert can chime in.

Regarding discontinued part numbers, have you checked on these two sources? They appear to be in stock but their inventory listing could be outdated.

https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...tr1353094.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173625502651
I called my local Lexus dealer and Bell Lexus of North Scottsdale and looking at parts.Lexus.com they say the left shock PTR13-53094 has been discontinued. So I will be checking out the links provided thank you.
the link below show the product being discontinued on parts.Lexus.com
https://parts.lexus.com/p/Lexus__/F-...TR1353094.html
Old 03-24-21, 06:40 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,514 Likes on 1,259 Posts

Originally Posted by johnH03
I called my local Lexus dealer and Bell Lexus of North Scottsdale and looking at parts.Lexus.com they say the left shock PTR13-53094 has been discontinued. So I will be checking out the links provided thank you.
the link below show the product being discontinued on parts.Lexus.com
https://parts.lexus.com/p/Lexus__/F-...TR1353094.html
You might look at this thread. It lists the OEM F-Sport shocks which I think are pretty damn good. Look at post #16.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...hey-exist.html

<<snip>>
These are the dampers on the 2013 F-Sport. IMO they are keepers. Very compliant. They hug the road, use the full suspension travel, are pretty firm in regards to bumps, road surface, and they do a pretty phenomenal job of keeping the tire connected to the road.
No passengers complain of it being too stiff, but I will state it is mildly jarring.

Front:
From 2010-08 to 2013-04. Tokico
GSE20,21; MARK 48510-53260, SUSPENSION-SPORTS;
RF > 48510-53260 -> 48510-80539

GSE20,21; MARK 48520-53170, SUSPENSION-SPORTS;
LF > 48520-53170 -> 48520-59655

Rear: X2
GSE20,21; MARK 48530-53280, SUSPENSION-SPORTS;
​LR/RR > 48530-53280 -> 48530-80574 X2

#2IS F-Sport
#2IS Suspension
Old 03-24-21, 03:22 PM
ELexis
Instructor

Are the dampers also referred to as isolators;
4815830020 - Coil Spring Insulator (Left, Right, Front, Rear, Lower)

Would the part numbers be available for the dampers that are referred to; "These are the dampers on the 2013 F-Sport. IMO they are keepers. Very compliant. They hug the road, use the full suspension travel, are pretty firm in regards to bumps, road surface, and they do a pretty phenomenal job of keeping the tire connected to the road.
No passengers complain of it being too stiff, but I will state it is mildly jarring"
Old 03-24-21, 03:52 PM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Received 248 Likes on 187 Posts

Dampers in this case = shock absorbers. The isolators are essentially rubber that sits between the springs and their seats.

Quick Reply: Redspencer's Track-Tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken LSD Build Thread