Hardtop SC

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-14, 09:40 PM
Conblac
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hardtop SC

Hey Y'all,
been on here for a few months just mainly to research and peek. Gerry (the SC guru) that many of you know kinda urged me to start a build thread, so here goes. Its a 94 rare hardtop (doesn't appear hardtops get much love) with a blown V8 (yes, blown-got it like that). Gerry has been hooking me up slowly...transformation is incredible too....
Attached Thumbnails Hardtop SC-408.jpg   Hardtop SC-174.jpg   Hardtop SC-411.jpg  

Last edited by Conblac; 11-04-14 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Adding pics
Old 11-04-14, 10:08 PM
Conblac
Driver School Candidate

...here's more pics to show I still got a ways to go...but I'm in no rush...
Attached Thumbnails Hardtop SC-161.jpg   Hardtop SC-173.jpg   Hardtop SC-413.jpg  
Old 11-05-14, 08:55 AM
Twirl
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, nice find. Im 6'6" and would kill for a hard top project. Looks like you have an amazing start. How about some more details? And keep us updated!
Old 11-05-14, 09:20 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Damn that 97+ kit with pre 97 lip looks good. Why the hell did I not keep that kit & lip ? hahaha... one on the Black Pearl is enough for me. That lip was actually started by Eldon. He wanted my Shine kit and we did some swapping.

Conrad , I am no where near a guru. I am just like every one here... just a few pages ahead. Have been lazy lately . Haven't work on any of my toys but got a new engine setup I am completing right now bolting all accessories.

When you are ready you can borrow my 4 wheel dollies so you can rotate that car on your garage and have more space.

btw, that kit is beginning to make your car look good man. Am glad you started a thread .
Old 11-05-14, 08:38 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

wow nice find for sure man. SC looks clean to start with and its good to see another HT SC here in AtL.. Yeah, Gerry is a good dude man, always helping out whenever he has time. I think he is more than a few pages ahead of everyone here. I mean just look at his SIG, lol. J/k Gerry..
Old 11-05-14, 09:52 PM
Conblac
Driver School Candidate

Hey Gerry, add comedian to ur resume too.... For those who've viewed, thx! Right now the goal is to drop the V8 (not in pics to the side) in after getting rid of bad lump. If y'all noticed the slight fender flares (yep, done by me) to accommodate the 18x10.25s squared +20 offset! I'm debating running 245/40/18s all around, but like to see more meat on rears than stretch... Y'all think 265/40s will work without looking ridiculous??? Using Supra lowering springs 1.5" drop (not installed as yet), Ebay axle back exhaust. Will build 2.25 setup from Y pipe when car is running. Interior carpet dyed black (was filthy, but after a good wash in back yard and sunning dry a few days, it's aaite!) Tan interior was sourced from a wrecked SC (almost mint condition). Those rims will be powdercoated gold, the car painted black. Trying to find a GS300 steering wheel setup, will settle for 3 spoke nice looking Grants tho' after figuring hub adaptation....hmmm....after, car will get a 1jz setup by spring next year (hopefully). Will keep twins and auto tranny (too much work for manual setup)...shooting for about 400-500hp for daily. Those are specs for now...whew! that was a mouthful....

Last edited by Conblac; 11-05-14 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-06-14, 07:15 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Conrad - 275s / 295s should fit easy on the rear with those 18x10.25 +20 now that you have rolled / flared those quarter panels. When you go back to my place check how I pulled the Red Mamba One quarter panels.. I can fit 345s with the right offset of wheel. They look stock quarter panels.

Fronts , you would need some serious pulling to fit those 18x10.25 +20 buddy and probably would have to go stretched. The width and offset are very aggressive for the front. Sorry to be a bearer of bad news but who knows, you can get them to work. Hopefully I am wrong.

Since you are staying with auto tranny .. if I where you , I will choose the VVTi 2jzgte over the 1JZGTE .. price difference is not really that much between those two. You will have more room to go higher later.

Rey - stop thinking of parting your freaking car. Get it done. Let me know what day and I will help you drop your engine into your engine bay.
Old 11-09-14, 01:32 PM
Conblac
Driver School Candidate

So this weekend so far I got a little time to work on the SC. Finished putting in the interior, some parts are mocked up. Installed rear headrests from another SC's front seats (in pic). Installed rear 97+ bumper (so kit is complete)....Jeezus the rear bumper is a PITA to remove! Also got some rubbers on rims and installed to see what I'm getting my *** into...talk about poke! Its not lowered yet and I likey!
Attached Thumbnails Hardtop SC-005.jpg   Hardtop SC-007.jpg   Hardtop SC-008.jpg   Hardtop SC-009.jpg  
Old 11-09-14, 01:48 PM
Conblac
Driver School Candidate

Here's more pics to chronicle weekend's activity on the SC....
Attached Thumbnails Hardtop SC-010.jpg   Hardtop SC-015.jpg   Hardtop SC-018.jpg   Hardtop SC-026.jpg   Hardtop SC-033.jpg  

Old 11-09-14, 11:32 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

looks like it will be an interesting build! what color do you plan to spray it all once it's ready?
Old 11-10-14, 10:52 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

What happened to your fenders.....are you planning on doing widebody.....
Old 11-10-14, 10:17 PM
Conblac
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oldManTan
looks like it will be an interesting build! what color do you plan to spray it all once it's ready?
Black...tho' my wife thinks the red is hot!
Old 11-10-14, 10:19 PM
Conblac
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
What happened to your fenders.....are you planning on doing widebody.....
No...the offset of rims forced me to do a little "flare" job...it'll be right when car is prepped for painting....thx for viewing.
Old 12-05-14, 04:37 PM
SC3_Dred
Driver School Candidate

Looking good..
Old 12-27-14, 10:28 AM
Conblac
Driver School Candidate

Updates:
Attached are pics chronicling whats been done since last posts. Installed Supra interior floor brace (that was a little challenging), took off oem steering wheel. Replaced with JDM race look one (tied off the clockspring and airbag wiring under dash). Used a shorty quick release hub and adapter. Installed window visors (me likey)! All this while the ride is down....slooooow progress.....
Attached Thumbnails Hardtop SC-009-2-.jpg   Hardtop SC-010-2-.jpg   Hardtop SC-008-2-.jpg   Hardtop SC-012-2-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Hardtop SC