RedlineAZ's build thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-14, 08:13 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Sure

His name is Tim and his email is ttrank@hotmail.com, I'll try to track down a better pic of the 350z headlights he did for me too,]
Nice I know Tim through g35driver and my350z, your name looks familiar as well. I am Sylvan Lake V35

Last edited by Sylvan; 11-12-14 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-13-14, 04:46 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan
Nice I know Tim through g35driver and my350z, your name looks familiar as well. I am Sylvan Lake V35

Hey man! Glad to see another member from the Z/G forums on here ISFPOWER is from the Z forums too Tim is a good guy!
Old 11-13-14, 04:47 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
wow, all these mods came quick man. lol. really liking those sides. its going to look really good when you get a drop. subscribed.
Thanks man! Just had my fenders rolled last night so hopefully soon!
Old 11-14-14, 07:34 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Very cool to see your project come together. You did a great job and did it all so damn fast. Now you can enjoy your modded for for a long while. Many happy miles to you bud.
Old 11-15-14, 06:22 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Very cool to see your project come together. You did a great job and did it all so damn fast. Now you can enjoy your modded for for a long while. Many happy miles to you bud.
Thanks bro! I really appreciate it

So excited to see it coming together and ready to be doneeee...lol.
Old 11-16-14, 11:00 AM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Quick question about rolling your fenders, did the little rubber lip under the paint peel off? On my G I rolled them flat with a slight pull and had no issues. I put a lot of heat to the ISF and as soon as I hit it with the fender roller the little rubber lip peeled right off?? I have never heard anyone talking about rolling fenders on an ISF mention this...
Old 11-16-14, 11:52 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Quick question about rolling your fenders, did the little rubber lip under the paint peel off? On my G I rolled them flat with a slight pull and had no issues. I put a lot of heat to the ISF and as soon as I hit it with the fender roller the little rubber lip peeled right off?? I have never heard anyone talking about rolling fenders on an ISF mention this...
Mine did and so did my brothers. The guy that rolled my fenders said its super common and not a big deal at all. What I am going to do just to be EXTRA sure that it won't ever cause peeling issues later is buy some 3M black urethane window adhesive (when it dries it has a smooth black rubbery constancy), and I will seal that area with it to avoid issues.
Old 11-16-14, 01:17 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Mine did and so did my brothers. The guy that rolled my fenders said its super common and not a big deal at all. What I am going to do just to be EXTRA sure that it won't ever cause peeling issues later is buy some 3M black urethane window adhesive (when it dries it has a smooth black rubbery constancy), and I will seal that area with it to avoid issues.
I though it seemed un-avoidable, I was just going to paint the edge but the urethane idea seems like a good one too.
Old 11-16-14, 03:14 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

I though it seemed un-avoidable, I was just going to paint the edge but the urethane idea seems like a good one too.
I did think about painting the edge but after bringing it to my body shop and asking about what would be the best option, he gave me a tube of the 3m stuff to take home with me and told me it should do the trick
Old 11-18-14, 11:15 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

Who did you end up using?

Were you out in Gilbert on Sunday by chance? Saw a black F with CF wald spoiler(or CF trunk) out here.
Old 11-18-14, 12:02 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Cronic
Who did you end up using?

Were you out in Gilbert on Sunday by chance? Saw a black F with CF wald spoiler(or CF trunk) out here.
I was out there on Friday night, not sunday though.

I emailed your contact, and he got back to me and told me some pricing, after asking if he will guarantee that my factory paint wont crack I never heard back from him again. I ended up finding a guy on craigslist that does mobile fender rolling out of chandler, and he drove down to my house in Surprise. He did a good job, didn't damage anything and charged $20/fender. I am just putting that rubber urethane sealant there to be safe because that factory rubber seal did come off, and since it was painted over from the factory, I don't want that to separate the paint underneath there if I rub once I'm lowered.
Old 11-26-14, 09:02 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Posted a pic of it being lowered on the first page!
Old 12-04-14, 05:33 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Great build thread buddy.

Very nice choice of mods in such a short period of time.

Do you recall if the Aeroworx front splitters matched up to the custom sideskirts you had made? Just in terms of the weave pattern etc?

I have the two piece splitters already installed on mine, along with an Arkym rear diffuser and an OEM style trunk spoiler.

I'll probably change the trunk spoiler to a Wald replica after seeing how good yours looks.

That 350Z was a stunner as well by the way.

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us. Really helpful having some inspiration and advice to work from.
Old 12-05-14, 05:19 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Great build thread buddy.

Very nice choice of mods in such a short period of time.

Do you recall if the Aeroworx front splitters matched up to the custom sideskirts you had made? Just in terms of the weave pattern etc?

I have the two piece splitters already installed on mine, along with an Arkym rear diffuser and an OEM style trunk spoiler.

I'll probably change the trunk spoiler to a Wald replica after seeing how good yours looks.

That 350Z was a stunner as well by the way.

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us. Really helpful having some inspiration and advice to work from.
Thank you! I appreciate it! I couldn't tell a difference in the weave between the aeroworkz splitters and the side slitters Thanks for the compliments! I really appreciate it!
Old 12-09-14, 04:56 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Thank you! I appreciate it! I couldn't tell a difference in the weave between the aeroworkz splitters and the side slitters Thanks for the compliments! I really appreciate it!
Thanks.

So what else do you have planned?

If you're anything like me, you have the next 10 mods worked out already! Lol.

Quick Reply: RedlineAZ's build thread