Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Rob`s SC400 PNP Megasquirt project

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-15, 07:30 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Any updates on this?

Anyone else using a MS PNP on the 1uz? What about an AEM PNP for a 2jz on a 1uz?

Looking for options on standalone ems for 1uz that don't require a new harness and quite frankly I'm inexperienced with aftermarket ems and would rather just hand it off to someone in the eugene/portland area for an e85 tune on a 2.3 whipple on a stock 4.0L.

Learning a whole new system like this is intimidating.
Old 10-19-15, 02:30 AM
Robgrob
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing to update really. I changed my oil the other day

Megasquirt is a common ECU to run, so nothing to worry about. You should however talk to your tuner, or find a tuner who has some knowledge with megasquirt if you choose to buy one.

Any other injection system may or may not need to cut 2 wires in the wiring loom for ignition outputs due to differences between 1/2Jz and 1uz engines The megasqurt does not as shown in this thread.
Old 01-17-16, 09:03 PM
eefmydee
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So I spent over an hour reading all of this thread and Im really happy to see support. I was wondering would it be possible for you to share the tune and send it in a file?
Old 01-20-16, 01:22 AM
Robgrob
Rookie

eefmydee,

the msq tune file is added on page four. Feel free to download it, but I would recommend to fine tune the VE table for your setup as a minimum. Tunerstudio live autotune function should cope fairly well with this.
Old 01-20-16, 01:25 AM
Robgrob
Rookie

A quick update on this thread will be that there is nothing too update! The engine works great, the car works great, the megasquirt ECU is in a fully working order, and I even passed an emissions test the other day

I now have my winter tires back on, so the car is a bit more fun to drive now with wheelspin all over the place. That torsen differential really made a big difference to the on power handling of the car.
Old 01-20-16, 01:21 PM
SCFactory
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a nice build thread definitely following
Old 01-21-16, 10:05 PM
JasGS350
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Headers

Great read. Did you ever get the headers installed?
Old 01-25-16, 03:05 AM
Robgrob
Rookie

Originally Posted by JasGS350
Great read. Did you ever get the headers installed?
I actually sold them, Things changed a lot, and long story short the car is up for sale. The headers looked amazing though, lightweight as well.
Old 01-27-16, 05:41 PM
Dublin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Great info

I am new here, very happy to see forums that give so much information. I have had my 93 400 about five months and I've gone through hell. I'm finally at the point were I can start it through the relay and drive it around. I just received my neutral safety switch and the issue is the dealer needs the part # off the connector in order to tell which one it is, as my connector is all broken up. Can anyone help?
Old 01-28-16, 02:11 PM
acrite99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how user friendly is the mega squirt?
Old 02-01-16, 01:32 AM
Robgrob
Rookie

Originally Posted by acrite99
how user friendly is the mega squirt?

If you go for a PNP, Id say its as user friendly as any other EFI. Thanks to the autotune, Id say tuning is easier then any other system. If your timing is safe, and the VE table is in the ballpark, you can simply drive around and let the laptop do all the work.

Dublin, cant help you, you should start a new thread.
Old 02-04-16, 04:59 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Agreed. However you can reconfigure an AEM EMS to work with a 1uz as well too.

ECUMaster's is relatively new, but I am using one (on another car), but it super easy as well. Just depends on how good your tuner is. Granted a lot of folks can tune, but not so many can build a map from scratch.

Why are you selling her?
Old 02-05-16, 07:44 AM
TOYJOETA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What settings and wiring did you have to change to run a v8? Since this is a 92 I'm assuming it's still batch fire or can you run it sequential?
Old 02-12-16, 12:51 AM
Robgrob
Rookie

Originally Posted by TOYJOETA
What settings and wiring did you have to change to run a v8? Since this is a 92 I'm assuming it's still batch fire or can you run it sequential?
If you download my MSQ, you will not need to change any settings. Just fine tune it. The main difference from the 2JZ is the spark outputs, as this engine has two coils, not six. I simply reconfigured the spark outputs. There is also a 1 wire difference that can be sorted as described in the first page.

The injection can be fired in semi sequential with the 2JZ ecu setup on the V8. It can be rewired for fully sequential. There is imo no advantage of sequential injection on this setup.

Originally Posted by ihiryu
Agreed. However you can reconfigure an AEM EMS to work with a 1uz as well too.

ECUMaster's is relatively new, but I am using one (on another car), but it super easy as well. Just depends on how good your tuner is. Granted a lot of folks can tune, but not so many can build a map from scratch.

Why are you selling her?

The AEM is a great system. Megasquirt is imo simpler to tune thanks to the VE table autotune.

Recently Skylines finally got legal, so I purchased a GTR last year. I also started a business and need the cash for a Toyota Hiace to carry my equipment.

The SC is a really great car, but Im afraid it wouldnt get used much now that the Skyline has arrived
Old 02-14-16, 02:37 PM
eefmydee
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I downloaded the file and I opened it up to take a look. Thank You rob for the help. Not a lot of people in my area have this car this this is a big help. How did you eliminate the maf from the equation. Did you just unplug it and the ecu doesnt read it because you set it to go off the vacuum line that you hooked up to the manifold? Lets say i wanna use the maf, how do i do that?

Quick Reply: Rob`s SC400 PNP Megasquirt project