Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

RCF500 Obsidian Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-16, 08:17 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice! but rest in peace "F" Badge. Anyways, how's the grip on the carbon, perforated and red smooth leather? How's the slippery level of each? Which one is not slippery, slippery, and super slippery?

Originally Posted by RCF500
New steering wheel woot!

Old 01-27-16, 09:21 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Nice! but rest in peace "F" Badge. Anyways, how's the grip on the carbon, perforated and red smooth leather? How's the slippery level of each? Which one is not slippery, slippery, and super slippery?
It would've been nice with the "F" badge but the manufacturer said it wouldn't fit because of the flat bottom, but I don't mind it. The grip on the carbon feels exactly like those glossy wood steering wheels if you know what I mean and does have grooves for fingers in the back for extra gripping on the top part of the carbon. The perforated and red leather feels like the leather on the stock steering wheel.
Old 01-27-16, 09:32 AM
panita2010
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 31 Posts

nice i like the carbon on the steering.... good choice
Old 01-31-16, 09:47 PM
mfresh21
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It would've been nice with the "F" badge but the manufacturer said it wouldn't fit because of the flat bottom, but I don't mind it. The grip on the carbon feels exactly like those glossy wood steering wheels if you know what I mean and does have grooves for fingers in the back for extra gripping on the top part of the carbon. The perforated and red leather feels like the leather on the stock steering wheel.
Tucker aka spectrinity has the nicest RCF I've seen to date. My hat goes off to you sir can't wait to finally bump into you down in Miami sometime. My rc needs to meet its big brother lol... Btw I have to agree with you 100% I love the dctms steering wheel, it feels amazing. I just installed mines last week 👍🏻
Old 02-11-16, 06:26 AM
alipontiac
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finest RC out there tastefully done sir, did you get any CEL with the headers ?? did you tuned the ECU ? or just dyno runs ?
Old 02-11-16, 08:46 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by mfresh21
Tucker aka spectrinity has the nicest RCF I've seen to date. My hat goes off to you sir can't wait to finally bump into you down in Miami sometime. My rc needs to meet its big brother lol... Btw I have to agree with you 100% I love the dctms steeringT wheel, it feels amazing. I just installed mines last week ����
Thanks man! Your RC is the nicest bagged one I've seen... As for the DCTMS steering wheel, I love it! I am taking the RCF back up to PA at the end of this month and won't be back down to FL until the end of the year, maybe I'll see you then...lol.

Originally Posted by alipontiac
Finest RC out there tastefully done sir, did you get any CEL with the headers ?? did you tuned the ECU ? or just dyno runs ?
Thank you for your kind words sir, yes I've had many CEL, but I been adjusting the new O2 conditioner PPE sent to me, as of right now its fine setting at 50 for the gains and 15 for the filter, it's only been a little over 300 mi since I reset the CEL, but we'll see.

I am taking the car to TTFS for a tune on the 27th of this month so stay tuned. As for the dyno runs, I have done about 4 different sessions to date and they are pretty consistent with each other. More to come...
Old 02-12-16, 02:18 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Great build! How do you smoke the rear reverse lights?
Old 02-12-16, 04:47 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Love your car. Fabulous build and thrilled that you have shared it with the Lexus community.

Jim
Old 02-12-16, 09:48 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Great build! How do you smoke the rear reverse lights?
Thanks! The rear tails are vinyl wrapped.

Originally Posted by BossMoss
Love your car. Fabulous build and thrilled that you have shared it with the Lexus community.

Jim
Thanks! More to come soon!
Old 02-13-16, 07:08 PM
mfresh21
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=RCF500;9361964]Thanks man! Your RC is the nicest bagged one I've seen... As for the DCTMS steering wheel, I love it! I am taking the RCF back up to PA at the end of this month and won't be back down to FL until the end of the year, maybe I'll see you then...

Thanks for the compliment. It's a shame man. We need to meet already it's long overdue.
Old 02-19-16, 01:00 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,398 Likes on 641 Posts

Nice build! I heard you have other plans, but that's cool too

RR- Racing's RCF Tuning Project!
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 02-21-16, 05:28 AM
1stLexF
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the build RCF500....
Old 02-21-16, 02:22 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks man! Your RC is the nicest bagged one I've seen... As for the DCTMS steering wheel, I love it! I am taking the RCF back up to PA at the end of this month and won't be back down to FL until the end of the year, maybe I'll see you then...lol.

Thank you for your kind words sir, yes I've had many CEL, but I been adjusting the new O2 conditioner PPE sent to me, as of right now its fine setting at 50 for the gains and 15 for the filter, it's only been a little over 300 mi since I reset the CEL, but we'll see.

I am taking the car to TTFS for a tune on the 27th of this month so stay tuned. As for the dyno runs, I have done about 4 different sessions to date and they are pretty consistent with each other. More to come...
Have TTFS write out the CEL; I am thinking of going that direction with them as much as i'd rather use the O2 conditioner. I'm currently set at 50 grain 30 filter
Old 02-21-16, 02:45 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Nice build! I heard you have other plans, but that's cool too

RR- Racing's RCF Tuning Project!
Lol...It's funny that you guys quick to jump start the RCF tuning a bit ever since I posted in the TTFS tuning thread, when you guys said that "the RCF tune will be ready within 2 months".

But it's cool, competitiveness between vendors creates innovation and best of all, it's good for the consumers!

Originally Posted by 1stLexF
Love the build RCF500....
Thank you for your kind words!

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
Have TTFS write out the CEL; I am thinking of going that direction with them as much as i'd rather use the O2 conditioner. I'm currently set at 50 grain 30 filter
I had CEL every 200-300 miles before the new O2 conditioner came in, I am at 400 miles now, it's somewhat working...lol. Most likely I will have TTFS write out the DTC for the O2 sensors, that's if everything goes to plan.
Old 02-22-16, 03:04 PM
alfaromeo3
Pole Position

Where are u in SoFla?

I'm in West Pines area.

Quick Reply: RCF500 Obsidian Build