Originally Posted by alfaromeo3
Where are u in SoFla?

I'm in West Pines area.
Weston/Davie area.
Old 02-28-16 | 05:25 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by RCF500
Lol...It's funny that you guys quick to jump start the RCF tuning a bit ever since I posted in the TTFS tuning thread, when you guys said that "the RCF tune will be ready within 2 months".

But it's cool, competitiveness between vendors creates innovation and best of all, it's good for the consumers!

Thank you for your kind words!

I had CEL every 200-300 miles before the new O2 conditioner came in, I am at 400 miles now, it's somewhat working...lol. Most likely I will have TTFS write out the DTC for the O2 sensors, that's if everything goes to plan.

Hey man, we knew a month ago that there would be delays in tuning the RCF That's why we estimated 2 months. A month ago we opened the RCF ecu, and saw that the processor is not yet supported (it is different than the ISF).

Anyway, hopefully we will get some progress soon, we can't wait to get to tuning the RCF!

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 02-28-16 | 05:49 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Hey man, we knew a month ago that there would be delays in tuning the RCF That's why we estimated 2 months. A month ago we opened the RCF ecu, and saw that the processor is not yet supported (it is different than the ISF).

Anyway, hopefully we will get some progress soon, we can't wait to get to tuning the RCF!

-Rafi

Unfortunately, it's not fully mapped yet. TTFS did give me a dyno run and it made 404 rwhp and 336 rwtq on their dyno, which supposedly read 10% lower than dynojet, so I am close to 450 rwhp, we'll see once I get the speed limiter removed and run it again on a dynojet.

They did read my ECU and extracted the binary and Frank said that, he is going to work on it and let me know the progress by Tues/Weds and eventually I will be able to flash this remotely through OBD.

You guys should work together, get this rolling and get this tune available for us RC F owners.
Old 02-29-16 | 05:28 PM
alfaromeo3
Pole Position

Weston/Davie area.
Would love to see your car in person!

My buddy is organizing an event in May at Memorial Day Weekend . Hope you can come. It will prob at Tradewinds Park.
Old 03-01-16 | 10:31 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Great choice of parts for your build and your car looks great! Can't wait to see what you do next.

I am interested in weight reduction for my RC F as well. I have a titan exhaust on order and was looking into brakes and driveshaft. I am jealous over your Rotora Carbon Ceramic Brake System. Do you mind me asking what that brake system set you back?
Old 03-01-16 | 04:51 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Unfortunately, it's not fully mapped yet. TTFS did give me a dyno run and it made 404 rwhp and 336 rwtq on their dyno, which supposedly read 10% lower than dynojet, so I am close to 450 rwhp, we'll see once I get the speed limiter removed and run it again on a dynojet.

They did read my ECU and extracted the binary and Frank said that, he is going to work on it and let me know the progress by Tues/Weds and eventually I will be able to flash this remotely through OBD.

You guys should work together, get this rolling and get this tune available for us RC F owners.
So, they tuned your ECU then placed it back and dyno'd your car with your goodies? Your starting whp before ECU Tune is around 430 whp on a dynojet, right?
Old 03-01-16 | 06:35 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by alfaromeo3
Would love to see your car in person!

My buddy is organizing an event in May at Memorial Day Weekend . Hope you can come. It will prob at Tradewinds Park.
I probably won't take the car back down until mid October, so I won't make it, but I may be down there that weekend, I may stop by.

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Great choice of parts for your build and your car looks great! Can't wait to see what you do next.

I am interested in weight reduction for my RC F as well. I have a titan exhaust on order and was looking into brakes and driveshaft. I am jealous over your Rotora Carbon Ceramic Brake System. Do you mind me asking what that brake system set you back?
Thanks! Let's just say its in the $10-15K range..lol.

Originally Posted by ba2sy
So, they tuned your ECU then placed it back and dyno'd your car with your goodies? Your starting whp before ECU Tune is around 430 whp on a dynojet, right?
Yes my whp from dynojet is about 430 in 6th gear, but there is no tune available yet, TTFS are still trying to map the ECU, so they did a baseline dyno of my car in 5th gear, which read a lot lower than I expected, but a dyno is a tuning tool right?

They also took my ECU and read it and eventually I will be able to tune through OBD. I may drive back and get it redyno once the tune is available. I should know more soon sometime this week or next. In the meantime, here's the dyno sheet below.

Last edited by RCFormante; 03-01-16 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-02-16 | 06:49 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Thanks! Let's just say its in the $10-15K range..lol.
Yeah, that is what I figured. Do you mind me asking who you got them through? I don't remember seeing that stated...thanks

I dumped a lot of money into my 2008 Subaru FSTi (which is now my beater/bad weather car) but nothing like I will be doing with my RC F...haha...gotta pay to play and the more expensive the car, the more pricey the parts.

Last edited by Ne1tHeRe; 03-02-16 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-02-16 | 09:42 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Yeah, that is what I figured. Do you mind me asking who you got them through? I don't remember seeing that stated...thanks

I dumped a lot of money into my 2008 Subaru FSTi (which is now my beater/bad weather car) but nothing like I will be doing with my RC F...haha...gotta pay to play and the more expensive the car, the more pricey the parts.
I got my CCB through Rotora, give them a call and ask for Loren and see what he can do for you, but beware, with CCB, the stopping power is amazing but it will squeal like a ****...lol.

Last edited by RCFormante; 03-02-16 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-02-16 | 10:21 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

I got my CCB through Rotora, give them a call and ask for Loren and see what he can do for you, but beware, with CCB, the stopping power is amazing but it will squeal like a ****...lol.
Thanks. Yeah, I don't do squeal Like to keep my sanity

Looking at going with F&R 2-piece rotors now at a minimum or a full lightweight BBK F&R.
Old 03-05-16 | 08:05 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

I've been keeping up with TTFS thread for the ISF fellas.

Looks like their bone stock (outside of K&N Typhoon intake) ISF made 352hp & 309tq.

Your I/H/E & carbon rotor BBK RCF is putting down 404hp & 336tq.

i'm wondering if our cars are underpowered from factory...
Old 03-05-16 | 11:37 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
I've been keeping up with TTFS thread for the ISF fellas.

Looks like their bone stock (outside of K&N Typhoon intake) ISF made 352hp & 309tq.

Your I/H/E & carbon rotor BBK RCF is putting down 404hp & 336tq.

i'm wondering if our cars are underpowered from factory...
Yea I saw that, I also was told that if you keep redynoing the RCF, it will learn the ignition maps and consistently make more power run after run.

My TTFS dyno was also done in 5th gear, on the dynojet, I wasn't making any power with the headers until I dyno it in 6th gear. Even with 17 rwhp gain, that wasn't the peak gain due to the speed limiter cut off, our engines peak hp is around 7100 RPM and speed limiter cut off the RPM about 700-800 RPM before the peak. So I'm guessing the headers actually gave the car anywhere between 25-30 rwhp instead of 17 rwhp.

I'll redyno with TTFS after the tune is out and then redyno it again on the dynojet, so we'll see.

Last edited by RCFormante; 03-05-16 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-05-16 | 06:23 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Yea I saw that, I also was told that if you keep redynoing the RCF, it will learn the ignition maps and consistently make more power run after run.

My TTFS dyno was also done in 5th gear, on the dynojet, I wasn't making any power with the headers until I dyno it in 6th gear. Even with 17 rwhp gain, that wasn't the peak gain due to the speed limiter cut off, our engines peak hp is around 7100 RPM and speed limiter cut off the RPM about 500-600 RPM before the peak. So I'm guessing the headers actually gave the car anywhere between 25-30 rwhp instead of 17 rwhp.

I'll redyno with TTFS after the tune is out and then redyno it again on the dynojet, so we'll see.
Just curious how a stock ISF made 350whp at ttfs which is actually higher than dynojet.... So why are your numbers are so low? You've stated multiple times that you're closer to 450whp w your parts and gains?
Do you have another dyno readout from a recent dyno outside of ttfs to compare?

The two scenarios don't match.....
Old 03-05-16 | 11:01 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by JB5674
Just curious how a stock ISF made 350whp at ttfs which is actually higher than dynojet.... So why are your numbers are so low? You've stated multiple times that you're closer to 450whp w your parts and gains?
Do you have another dyno readout from a recent dyno outside of ttfs to compare?

The two scenarios don't match.....
Well they dyno my car in 5th gear, I only had two runs on it, and you can see that the car gained 5 hp on the second run, so if the car had more runs, I believe it would made higher numbers.

Most if not all of my gains showed up in 6th gear on dynojet. The most recent one before TTFS is on the first page of this thread, which was on a dynojet, and put my car at 430 rwhp, you can look at the RPM cutoff, which is about 700-800 RPM before the engine's peak hp, that's why I'm estimating close to 440-450 rwhp.

The dyno run before the headers, which was also on a dynojet, it put my car at 413 rwhp in 6th gear. My first dyno run, which was on a mustang dyno, it put my car at 369 rwhp for stock in 4th gear. Then the GTHaus exhaust was put on the car, got redyno and it put down 415 rwhp on the same mustang dyno in 4th gear.
Old 03-06-16 | 12:51 AM
DanISFast
Driver School Candidate

Well they dyno my car in 5th gear, I only had two runs on it, and you can see that the car gained 5 hp on the second run, so if the car had more runs, I believe it would made higher numbers.

Most if not all of my gains showed up in 6th gear on dynojet. The most recent one before TTFS is on the first page of this thread, which was on a dynojet, and put my car at 430 rwhp, you can look at the RPM cutoff, which is about 700-800 RPM before the engine's peak hp, that's why I'm estimating close to 440-450 rwhp.

The dyno run before the headers, which was also on a dynojet, it put my car at 413 rwhp in 6th gear. My first dyno run, which was on a mustang dyno, it put my car at 369 rwhp for stock in 4th gear. Then the GTHaus exhaust was put on the car, got redyno and it put down 415 rwhp on the same mustang dyno in 4th gear.
Hmm... to be honest I don't think TTFS's dyno read 10 percent lower, if that was the case their stock ISF shop car would have seen 315-320whp. After looking at their other vehicle sample dynos, they seem to be pretty close with other average Dynojets.

352whp on a stock ISF is what TTFS got, also dyno'd in 5th with an intake that zaps power. My guess is if their shop ISF was running a stock intake and pulled in 6th, it would have seen maybe 360+whp. So if anything, their dyno reads slightly high.

Another guess would be your 430whp was actually done on an optimistically high reading dyno and 400-405whp would be more realistic. (Just as what the TTFS dyno plot showed)

Last edited by DanISFast; 03-06-16 at 12:56 AM.

Quick Reply: RCF500 Obsidian Build