Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

RCF500 Obsidian Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-15, 11:43 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
WOW, that's almost a 100lbs. that is a BIG Chunk just between those (i love the look of those Rotoras on there & of course the sound is Awesome with the GTHaus) Do you know how much longer we have on Our other pieces or about when they're suppose to come in. Looks AWESOME Buddy!
Thanks man! About ~175 lbs. of static weight removed with the brake and exhaust system and I lost a total of ~200 lbs. including the coilovers and the lighter wheels.

I contacted Rajeet yesterday and he should get back to me today with some info, so we'll see.
Old 07-27-15, 10:48 AM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
Thanks man! About ~175 lbs. of static weight removed with the brake and exhaust system and I lost a total of ~200 lbs. including the coilovers and the lighter wheels.

I contacted Rajeet yesterday and he should get back to me today with some info, so we'll see.
Talk to me about the coilovers when you have time, please. This obviously chucks the electronically controlled aspect (or does it?), so do you feel there is any sacrifice? How about alignment issues? Thanks again, brudda!
Old 07-27-15, 11:14 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
Talk to me about the coilovers when you have time, please. This obviously chucks the electronically controlled aspect (or does it?), so do you feel there is any sacrifice? How about alignment issues? Thanks again, brudda!
I went with RSR Sports-i coilovers, ride quality feels just as good as stock IMO + the handling and a little bit of weight savings benefits. I believe there is no AVS system in the RC F, so you will have no issues with that! As for the alignment issues, I did an alignment 2 weeks after I got the coils on and I have about 4K miles on the coils right now and the treadwear looks normal.
Old 07-27-15, 11:15 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Just talked to Rajeet, he said the parts should be arriving on the 12th of August.
Old 07-28-15, 10:15 PM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

I went with RSR Sports-i coilovers, ride quality feels just as good as stock IMO + the handling and a little bit of weight savings benefits. I believe there is no AVS system in the RC F, so you will have no issues with that! As for the alignment issues, I did an alignment 2 weeks after I got the coils on and I have about 4K miles on the coils right now and the treadwear looks normal.
Very interesting. According to what I saw at the Lexus site, it says the shocks are electronically controlled...maybe I read it wrong. You should know, you OWN one.! lol I know that generally, people swear by coilovers once moving to them; others are proponents of the latest air systems and/or controllers.
Hmmm. Thank you for your feedback, RCF500. Very encouraging stuff!

Old 07-29-15, 05:53 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
Very interesting. According to what I saw at the Lexus site, it says the shocks are electronically controlled...maybe I read it wrong. You should know, you OWN one.! lol I know that generally, people swear by coilovers once moving to them; others are proponents of the latest air systems and/or controllers.
Hmmm. Thank you for your feedback, RCF500. Very encouraging stuff!

The RCF has no shock adjustment, I have one. Maybe the RC 350 does.
Old 07-29-15, 10:04 AM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
The RCF has no shock adjustment, I have one. Maybe the RC 350 does.
Very good. I have not looked at the RC350 data, as that car doesn't interest me. (This is going to be FUN!)

The reason I asked was, at the RCF specs section of the Lexus webpage, (please humor me) it says this:

Suspension (FRONT)
Independent, double-wishbone with forged-aluminum components, coil springs,
gas-pressurized electronically controlled shock absorbers and hollow stabilizer bar

Suspension (REAR)
Independent, multilink with forged-aluminum components, coil springs,
gas-pressurized electronically controlled shock absorbers and stabilizer bar

http://www.lexus.com/models/RCF/specifications

So it appears the Lexus site is saying the RCF shocks are electronically-controlled. I do know the steering feel is electronically-controlled with drive-mode select. I'm not arguing with anybody here, I'm just seeking clarity. Perhaps Lexus needs to clarify this on their site....maybe they planned the electronics but ditched the idea and didn't change the site info (edit- or that is for the Japanese market only, perhaps)... Thanks!

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 07-29-15 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-16-15, 05:04 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

wow just came across your thread. nicely done with your RCF!

i am leaning towards getting a gs-f. I hope that exhaust sytem is the same on rc-f

Last edited by T4Fun; 08-16-15 at 05:09 AM.
Old 08-17-15, 11:38 AM
lexusrcfuk
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RSR Coilover settings

Hi

Your car looks great...I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your Coilover settings.

I have had them fitted to my RC-F (with 20" Vossens) and we are struggling to get the balance of ride height, rubbing on the front wheels, floaty feeling at speed and ride quality.

Yours looks perfect...what's the mix of secrets. ?

Thanks in advance......
Old 08-17-15, 12:53 PM
hynlex808
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Beautiful car and great build!!
Old 08-17-15, 03:18 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Just talked to Rajeet, he said the parts should be arriving on the 12th of August.
Thanks Buddy, I Can't Wait!
Old 08-17-15, 05:19 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by lexusrcfuk
Hi

Your car looks great...I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your Coilover settings.

I have had them fitted to my RC-F (with 20" Vossens) and we are struggling to get the balance of ride height, rubbing on the front wheels, floaty feeling at speed and ride quality.

Yours looks perfect...what's the mix of secrets. ?

Thanks in advance......

Thanks for the comment guys!

I do not know about your Vossen wheels, but my Vossen wheels are custom forged and was made specifically for the RC F, hell I don't even know the offsets to my wheels. I don't think my installer did any height adjustments to the coilovers when they install it, but I can tell you that I had my front coilovers raised by 5mm because it was rubbing on the sides every time I do a sharp turn.
Old 08-17-15, 06:38 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Goodness, this is how the RC F should come from the factory
Old 08-18-15, 04:05 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's looking great! Thanks for the share! Please keep us posted on the progress.
Old 08-19-15, 06:03 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Car looks great and I love the work you've done. Toss in a lighter weight battery and you can shed at least 30 more lbs from up front. I'm currently at a 185lb reduction, and always looking for more ways to trim weight, lol.

Quick Reply: RCF500 Obsidian Build