Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Jesse C IS250 UK Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-15, 03:22 PM
ypkx
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The puzzle that is my car started coming together this weekend.
We bumped into a couple minor problems -
1) excessive camber; I've had to max out all my camber arms in order to have the wheels sit perfectly.
2) I now need rear toe arms as I have a lot of toe!
3) suspension was raised significantly! I think I could justify spending the extra $$$ on some sideskirts.
4) Front tyres rub on bits of the chassis ie - metal bits where the old bumper mounts used to go needs to be trimmed a bit more.
5) front tyres also rub on the sides of the front bumper on ANY sort of lock - custom extendable tierods will be made to push the corners of the bumpers outward.

Old 07-13-15, 10:52 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Is the kit custom or Lexon?
Old 07-13-15, 01:22 PM
ypkx
Rookie

Originally Posted by juvi22003
Is the kit custom or Lexon?
Its Lexon's kit
I did write this in my second post on this thread.
Old 07-13-15, 02:21 PM
ypkx
Rookie

I had a problem with the wheel catching on the front bumper.
Called my friend at Stuke Design and he got me these made.
They are fitted to the original bolt holes where the inner arch bolted to the wing and bumper, adjustable so I could push the corner of the bumper out as much as i need.
Old 07-14-15, 07:48 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ypkx
Its Lexon's kit
I did write this in my second post on this thread.
Guess i missed it.....
Old 07-14-15, 12:58 PM
ypkx
Rookie

Originally Posted by juvi22003
Guess i missed it.....
Not to worry buddy!
Just so you know, the kit is of very good quality. I'd recommend anything from Lexon.
My next purchase from them is probably the skirts and the front splitter.
Old 07-16-15, 07:40 AM
LC_Ryan
Rookie

Sick build you have here! You're the guy I see on google when I search this widebody, lol. I ran into the same problem with the front rubbing on the metal tabs in the front bumper, I just starting cutting them back to make clearance. Good job man!
Old 07-16-15, 02:57 PM
ypkx
Rookie

Originally Posted by rya120293
Sick build you have here! You're the guy I see on google when I search this widebody, lol. I ran into the same problem with the front rubbing on the metal tabs in the front bumper, I just starting cutting them back to make clearance. Good job man!
Thank you buddy!
If you're not already, join our facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/454819484634626/
It's pretty freaky that I'm at the top of the search!! I just tried it myself.
Yeah, I had problems with the tabs even before the build when I ran 19x8.5 wheels. I'm waiting for my friend to get back from his holiday to continue with it, he doesn't want me nosing in on his job haha.
Old 07-17-15, 05:51 PM
ypkx
Rookie

Looking a lot better now.
-All the coilovers have been squared up, rear oem toe arms adjusted max and it's made a difference to the toe out.
-fitted the rest of the rubber trim around the kit and bolted everything back up.
-Rear arches have been sealed and stone chipped.

Only concern now is the front wings/arches. It looks like I will have to tub the front section of the arch in order to restore my turning circle. front bumper is clear after custom tierods and the new suspension height has gained 1-2mm clearance on the rear of the arches. The WHOLE front end will come off tomorrow and I'll have my panel beater mate come notch everything out.

WE WILL HAVE A ROLLING CAR NEXT WEEK.
But my stance game is weak, so I'm now pricing up air ride to complete the car.

MOT will be swiftly booked in and a new battery bought next week.

Name:  11212478_10207104405116584_1752968716_n_zpsyhymzloo.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  41.1 KB
Old 07-20-15, 12:04 AM
WORKD250
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome build high quality all around
Old 07-23-15, 07:39 AM
AlexiaMom
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome build!! I have two questions-

1. Are you going to get a front lip?
2. Are you painting the car? The only thing that looks a bit weird is the screws sticking out on the custom molding for the camber..

Otherwise you did a great job making it work with such an extreme camber wish I had the money to do that
Old 07-23-15, 01:42 PM
ypkx
Rookie

Originally Posted by WORKD250
Awesome build high quality all around
Thank you very much, I couldn't have done it without my local bodyshop!

Originally Posted by AlexiaMom
Awesome build!! I have two questions-

1. Are you going to get a front lip?
2. Are you painting the car? The only thing that looks a bit weird is the screws sticking out on the custom molding for the camber..

Otherwise you did a great job making it work with such an extreme camber wish I had the money to do that
1. Yeah, I am still currently shopping for one. But I will most probably be hassling Lexon for their Fsport version. I just hope it fits a non Fsport bumper.

2. The car is already painted; rather than just having 2 bumpers, the kit and 2 spoilers painted as we all agreed at first. They did ALL that and blew in both sides of the car. It's not quite a full respray but for the price i've paid they done more than enough.
I don't really know what you mean by screws haha could you explain?

But going back to Pt 1. This is how it looks currently, I've adjusted EVERYTHING on the suspension and this is how low it MUST sit so I don't start repairing things before I can even drive it.
I have decided Air ride is needed; extreme camber, extreme wides and plastic arches should not really be in the same sentence without air ride.
So once I've got the car on the road, it's getting a brand new exhaust from catback (I got invidias to go in too). And then its shopping for bags.
After bags, it will get the front splitter, side skirts and a rear diffuser.

Old 07-24-15, 08:25 AM
ypkx
Rookie

Booked in for tomorrow to have all the last bits of work done before MOT.
New replacement battery bought.

Can anyone help me with how to reset everything electric, I've noticed my passenger windows don't work on the button anymore?
Old 07-24-15, 10:34 AM
AlexiaMom
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ypkx
Thank you very much, I couldn't have done it without my local bodyshop!

1. Yeah, I am still currently shopping for one. But I will most probably be hassling Lexon for their Fsport version. I just hope it fits a non Fsport bumper.

2. The car is already painted; rather than just having 2 bumpers, the kit and 2 spoilers painted as we all agreed at first. They did ALL that and blew in both sides of the car. It's not quite a full respray but for the price i've paid they done more than enough.
I don't really know what you mean by screws haha could you explain?

But going back to Pt 1. This is how it looks currently, I've adjusted EVERYTHING on the suspension and this is how low it MUST sit so I don't start repairing things before I can even drive it.
I have decided Air ride is needed; extreme camber, extreme wides and plastic arches should not really be in the same sentence without air ride.
So once I've got the car on the road, it's getting a brand new exhaust from catback (I got invidias to go in too). And then its shopping for bags.
After bags, it will get the front splitter, side skirts and a rear diffuser.

Nice... yea with the screws I guess I meant the bolts holding the pieces you pushed out for the fenders ... I thought you could paint over them but maybe there's no point.... I don't know lol
it still looks boss anyway
Old 07-26-15, 02:17 PM
ypkx
Rookie

ah I see what you mean now, no I wanted to keep it stainless to colour match with any chrome trim already on the car. Just makes the whole car look neater.

Last night; things got notched. Alot of things got notched..
And finally, the car has a turning circle.
I mean, its close to perfect now and so I will aim to have the car MOT tested this week.
Here's a photo my friend snapped of me after a quick drive around the block in it. It scrubs on occasion, but only very lightly. I don't see damage, just rubber wear on the tyres.
Its going to be a work in progress.

Quick Reply: Jesse C IS250 UK Build