Hey !!!!! I should get like a commission or something shouldn't I. Hah hah hah

Shane
probably wont be the first idea I steal from you lol
Old 09-10-15, 02:07 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chnk
I will try, who is this btw? Not associating your real name with your clublexus name lol

Old 09-10-15, 08:54 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SC2JZ300

Awe thought this was you henry lol.

When we gonna meet up agian need go give you a fuel rail
Old 09-11-15, 07:38 AM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

For those needing the side skirt hardware clips for the 97+ sides here they are you need 8 of each

B03-26-C3 75867-24050

A11-21-F9 75495-24030

Put my driveshaft in last night and here is what I did, recording this info for my own purposes because I always forget and end up trying twice

I have a 1jzgte auto trans, if you have an sc400 or 2jzgte auto trans then you just follow step 2 for step 1. For the 1jzgte auto into your sc300 shell just use your sc300 driveshaft its the same and will slip into the 1jzgte auto trans easily.

Beginner tips - Drive shaft install.
(1 - First driveshaft ► trans) then (2 - driveshaft ► differential) then (3- center bearing ► chassis)

Tools needed
14mm socket and wrench
2x17mm box wrenches
if you have only one 17mm box wrench you can use a 17mm socket wrench

1 - Drive shaft into the transmission
•put a jack under the transmission pan, or the mount itself
•unbolt the x 4 14mm bolts holding the transmission to the chassis
•lower the jack some
•slip the drive shaft into the transmission

2 - Drive shaft into the differential
•All the bolts and nuts are 17mm, so 2 box wrenches or a box wrench and a socket wrench will work
•slip the driveshaft over the rod on the differential
•The metal bracket on the differential and the metial bracket on the driveshaft do not connect, they rather alternate placement on the bushing.
•there are 2 different size screws,
•the 3 longer ones go to the holes from where in the back differential metal bracket connects to the driveshaft
•the 3 shorter ones go to the holes from where the front where the driveshaft metal metal connects from the front
•the washer goes on the side touching rubber
•the nut is always on the differential side
•the bolt bolt always comes in from the front on the driveshaft side

Jack the trans back up and bolt the 14mms back into the chassis

3 - Center bearing to the chassis
•these bolts are 14mm
•put the spacer that looks like a thick washer ontop of the bracket
•then put the bolt from the bottom through the bracket through the washer and tighten
•do the same for the other side

Last edited by chnk; 10-20-15 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-13-15, 06:40 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

[SIZE="5"]Interior build part 3 - Dash swap[/SIZE]

So originally I had looked at the 97 dash and it looked like whoever took the car apart before just did not care. The center and passenger vents and wood trim were broken.

Since the dash center vents and wood trim looked pretty intact from my 95 car, I decided to take out the 97 dash and swap in the 95 dash.

97 Dash out! - DIY post soon

the dash

Pulling the dash and dropping the steering column wasn't bad as I thought. The passenger air bag is a little tricky at first, but its not impossible.

95 dash in!

I was a little quick to celebrate, the 95 and 97 dashes have a few differences.How the drivers side mount and bolt are the same. How the harness goes through the dash is the same. But the passengers side it totally different story.

The large bar the dash bolts on is different on the passenger side, the way the air bag bolts on is different, the length for the locking mechanism is different. Too many small differences to mess with. I could swap the big bar over, and change all the small differences but its just too much of a hassle.

So part 3 of the interior build is a failure.

Going to repair the 97 dash and dye it black. Stay tuned for part 4 of the interior build.

Last edited by chnk; 05-17-18 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-13-15, 07:03 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

swapping the cross bar is easier !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! than doing all the dying / painting .
Old 09-13-15, 07:06 PM
GearGrind
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Darn how on earth did someone nailed you to make such a big indent on the quarter panel?
Old 09-14-15, 05:39 AM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
swapping the cross bar is easier !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! than doing all the dying / painting .
I thought about that, but idk if the dash was warped from the accident something doesnt seem to be fitting right
Old 09-14-15, 05:40 AM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GearGrind
Darn how on earth did someone nailed you to make such a big indent on the quarter panel?
Actually idk, I know I was tboned by a truck in the passenger side, so I guess it was the same truck
Old 09-14-15, 05:50 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

I know I have another tan dash top part I am about to throw in the trash ..not sure though what year it came out with the so many SCs I had . You may have it if you want it . It might need a lot of cleaning though since it was sitting outside .
Old 09-14-15, 06:24 AM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
I know I have another tan dash top part I am about to throw in the trash ..not sure though what year it came out with the so many SCs I had . You may have it if you want it . It might need a lot of cleaning though since it was sitting outside .
Tempting, go ahead and toss, the 97 is fine other than a crack here and there from removing the dash lol
Old 09-15-15, 07:39 AM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

[SIZE="5"]Interior build - part 4 - Dyeing dash - dupli-color vinyl spray[/SIZE]

So with the 96 dash being a little iffy, I decided to just repair and reuse the 97 dash I pulled out. This time I decided to use dupli-color flat black vinyl spray. I've been hearing good things about this spray lately and the closest SEM provider is a few towns away. So this is much more convenient.

Last nights paint booth for the dash lol

Removed all the sensors, and cleaned up really well with rubbing alcohol

Did several light coats few minutes apart and used the whole can on just the dash, let it dry over night.

Morning time pictures

Close up - this came out very well, its flat with a slight shine too it, very similar to landau black from sem, the leather texture came out great with it. Very well played dupli-color

unfortunately the first coat on the air bag was a bit thick so can't say the results are as good. You can seem cracking in the finish

Durability test!
I picked an inconspicuous spot on the dash and tried to scratch it off with my finger nails. This stuff actually adheres pretty damn well, I could not get a good scratch into it. I want to say this may actually even work better than SEM

I will be installing this later today and compare the colors with SEM side by side

Last edited by chnk; 05-17-18 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-17-15, 07:24 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TomeiArms
Thats looks really nice if you dont mind me asking why didnt you sem's
Thanks Here is how it looks inside the car

Now to answer your question, I have used SEM in the past. For the most part it held up great and applied ti the same process I did the dupli-color here. But for some reason I always felt I had to be more careful with anything I sprayed with SEM, maybe I had to use adhesion promoter or maybe it was just me I just felt it wasn't adhering as well as I hoped.

I saw a video one day with someone who use dupli color and the guy was using his finger nails to scratch the dupli-color and it actually frayed the leather first before chipping or anything. I honestly wouldn't have tried that with my SEM paint. I will try to scratch off some SEM on some older panels I plan to trash and compare.

I am quite pleased with the dupli-color results but as everything is in life, only time will tell.

Some small updates on the build
put the 97 cluster in and replaced the green bulb with a red led in the key hole

The denso ac condensor I ordered from Rock Auto came in, this has to be the cleanest part I've ever put in any of my SCs

Even the packaging had a oem fit to it lol

There is even a strap belt to hold it securely in the box, pretty im pressed don't even want to put it in my engine bay because its so clean.

Installed the new AC condenser, generic ebay MKIV TT radiator, MKIV TT fan shroud and its starting to look like an engine bay

Just waiting on precision for 6262 rebuild, they received the turbo the 09/04 and with today being the 8th business day they have had it I probably won't here from them until next week, they quoted me 10 to 15 business days after receiving my turbo.

Last edited by chnk; 05-17-18 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-17-15, 08:16 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking Good, at this pace you may finish before Brad getting his turbo back lol
Old 09-17-15, 08:35 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

He can only wish.

Quick Reply: The fall of Lexi(RIP) and the rise of Pheonix - swap motor, suspension, diy