Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Latest addition: 03 Sport Edition

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-15, 11:38 PM
GSbucket
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the infamous 3 dash light issue after I got my exhaust. Both VSC lights and Check engine light. Can someone point me into the right direction? I haven't gotten under the car to locate the issue, but I'm guessing a faulty/missing O2 sensor possibly?

Also on the hunt for a decent set of 800cc injectors for my swap. Want a set of Sard injectors, but can't find any in the states and rhdjapan.com won't allow me to add them to a cart. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-19-15, 08:47 AM
Hyboostn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSbucket

Got new mufflers and tips installed by CVT here in Houston. Had a Top Speed cat back system that had major clearance issues and sounded extremely loud at all times from idle to full throttle. Plan on changing the tips again down the line once I figure out if I'm going to do something to the rear bumper or not.
The car looks super clean right here in my opinion the plasti dip made it look like a cheap maxima from the pic. Hope you find a good bodyshop where you're at man.
Old 09-19-15, 10:48 AM
GSbucket
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hyboostn
The car looks super clean right here in my opinion the plasti dip made it look like a cheap maxima from the pic. Hope you find a good bodyshop where you're at man.
Lol @ cheap maxima.....

PIcs didn't really expose the many flaws in the factory paint. There were scratches that were beyond repairable all over the car which looked very tacky during the day. In addition to that, the job on the left rear quarter panel and trunk that was done to repair damage from a wreck didn't match the car at all with both color and body work. Left quarter panel sticks out a few inches further than the right. Makes the rear wheels look like they're different offsets. The dip was just a temporary fix to buy me some time financially until I finish the motor, suspension, and audio. I do wish I would've went with another color with the dip. That Lexus electric blue has my name on it....
Old 09-19-15, 03:24 PM
Miami-SC
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol @ cheap maxima..... PIcs didn't really expose the many flaws in the factory paint. There were scratches that were beyond repairable all over the car which looked very tacky during the day. In addition to that, the job on the left rear quarter panel and trunk that was done to repair damage from a wreck didn't match the car at all with both color and body work. Left quarter panel sticks out a few inches further than the right. Makes the rear wheels look like they're different offsets. The dip was just a temporary fix to buy me some time financially until I finish the motor, suspension, and audio. I do wish I would've went with another color with the dip. That Lexus electric blue has my name on it....
Doesn't look bad..... What color did you go with?
Old 09-19-15, 05:56 PM
GeniusGS
Driver School Candidate

Well if you're in H-town check out AutoTech Collision. Awesome work and they can pretty much do anything. I had my last car painted there 9720 Westpark Dr, Houston, TX 77063
Old 09-21-15, 09:56 PM
GSbucket
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GeniusGS
Well if you're in H-town check out AutoTech Collision. Awesome work and they can pretty much do anything. I had my last car painted there 9720 Westpark Dr, Houston, TX 77063
Good looking out
Old 09-23-15, 04:59 PM
GSbucket
Driver School Candidate

UPS blessed me today.....
Borg Warner s366

Old 10-01-15, 08:53 PM
GSbucket
Driver School Candidate

More goodies......

Manifold and Intercooler....

Old 10-05-15, 07:04 AM
GSbucket
Driver School Candidate

Old 10-05-15, 10:10 AM
mveale
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good! Dip or wrap?
Old 10-05-15, 02:44 PM
Miami-SC
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If it's dip, is that the anthracite grey? That's the color I want to spray on mine. Looks good!
Old 10-05-15, 05:15 PM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mveale
Looks good! Dip or wrap?
Originally Posted by Miami-SC
If it's dip, is that the anthracite grey? That's the color I want to spray on mine. Looks good!

Its dipped he shared a pic on the last page
Old 10-05-15, 05:19 PM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

UPS blessed me today.....
Borg Warner s366

Nice what are you going NA-T ?
Old 10-06-15, 09:02 AM
GSbucket
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nyc80rick
Nice what are you going NA-T ?
No I have a 2jz-gte I'm building and swapping into it. Guess I should've posted this.....
Just collecting parts at the moment. Waiting on Tial BOV x wastegate, SAARD 800cc injectors, Map ECU 3, and Mishimoto radiator/trans cooler so I can do the swap.

On another note, anyone know how I can change the title of my thread? It was initially supposed to be added to the thread of another build as just a post, but since I was using my iphone and didn't know what I was doing, it started badly titled thread..... HELP?!

Last edited by GSbucket; 10-08-15 at 02:04 AM.
Old 10-08-15, 02:38 PM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

ok now its all making sense. I'm not sure about the title try and hit up a moderator and see if they can do it.

Quick Reply: Latest addition: 03 Sport Edition