Really thought about doing it for a minute...but decided against it...lol

Rear BBK
Old 03-12-16, 06:40 AM
Staggered3
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Finished em up

One side installed...

Not bad for 50$ project... Not perfect, would look better if it was factory made but I had to fabricate and vinyl wrap, I like it but some you perfectionist might have an issue with some of wrinkles at the end. I can live with for illuminated door sills on all 4 doors!
Old 03-14-16, 05:32 AM
Slam888
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car looks awesome! I bet the photos don't do it real justice.
Old 03-23-16, 01:15 PM
DShiekhi
Driver

Default This Lex' is Pure Sex: Lexus 4GS + DIY = Wow

This Lex' is Pure Sex: Lexus 4GS + DIY = Wow

You all have shown time and time again how skilled you are at doing your own work on your Lexus vehicles. From cosmetics to engine mods, you all know how to DIY. Look at forum member Staggered3.

Read the rest on the ClubLexus.com homepage. >>
Old 03-28-16, 05:36 PM
Staggered3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DShiekhi
This Lex' is Pure Sex: Lexus 4GS + DIY = Wow

You all have shown time and time again how skilled you are at doing your own work on your Lexus vehicles. From cosmetics to engine mods, you all know how to DIY. Look at forum member Staggered3.

Read the rest on the ClubLexus.com homepage. >>
Thank you sir!! It is truly appreciated!!
Old 03-31-16, 11:11 PM
mikespo23
Driver School Candidate

Staggered3 did you paint your Lexus Grill Emblem or did you buy it, if you bought ti could you give me the link so I can do the same?

Props on the build too.
Old 04-06-16, 05:57 AM
Staggered3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikespo23
Staggered3 did you paint your Lexus Grill Emblem or did you buy it, if you bought ti could you give me the link so I can do the same?

Props on the build too.
I did buy it..: I was going to buy the one on eBay, but I searched through the classified section and found a member that was letting one go... You have to look a few months back for things.. Even the thread might be a few months old...the item may not have sold
Thank you also...
Old 05-19-16, 03:32 PM
Staggered3
Pole Position

Picture me rolling

Close up

Almost done

The inspiration
Old 05-19-16, 05:43 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you hopefully shed some light on RR or Stoptech BBKs? which is better of the two or just preferences? great build btw!
Old 05-19-16, 06:37 PM
trbosmitty
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Perfection!!! Love the video!!

Old 05-20-16, 09:35 AM
Staggered3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SRC350F
Can you hopefully shed some light on RR or Stoptech BBKs? which is better of the two or just preferences? great build btw!
As I understand and I am some of the other gurus will chime in the F- Sport stock front brakes are manufactured by Stoptech but due to some red tape they stopped the contract, which is why we don't see those blue Stoptech calipers on the IS anymore. I painted the front caliper and the rear BBK which I got from RR which are Wilwood Aero Lights which look great an definitely improve stopping power. Most stopping power comes from the front which is why I think Lexus Opted for the single piston in the rear. I didn't do the front RR because I have a two piece rotor design in the front and didn't want to go to a single cast.
Thank you also for the compliment.
Old 05-20-16, 12:25 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Staggered3
As I understand and I am some of the other gurus will chime in the F- Sport stock front brakes are manufactured by Stoptech but due to some red tape they stopped the contract, which is why we don't see those blue Stoptech calipers on the IS anymore. I painted the front caliper and the rear BBK which I got from RR which are Wilwood Aero Lights which look great an definitely improve stopping power. Most stopping power comes from the front which is why I think Lexus Opted for the single piston in the rear. I didn't do the front RR because I have a two piece rotor design in the front and didn't want to go to a single cast.
Thank you also for the compliment.
Thank you for your speedy reply! I am thinking of changing my brakes too for that increased braking power, but was wondering if I would have to replace the front and back (entire system). From what you stated, most of the stopping power comes from the front, would that mean I could get away with just changing the front with BBKs? I wonder what cons could appear IF I only did the front too. And most BBKs range anywhere from $1,000 too? Thank you again
Old 05-20-16, 05:04 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 534 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by SRC350F
Thank you for your speedy reply! I am thinking of changing my brakes too for that increased braking power, but was wondering if I would have to replace the front and back (entire system). From what you stated, most of the stopping power comes from the front, would that mean I could get away with just changing the front with BBKs? I wonder what cons could appear IF I only did the front too. And most BBKs range anywhere from $1,000 too? Thank you again
If you're not planning on tracking your car, you can get away with having just the front BBK. If you are going to push your brakes to its limits on a track, it's recommended that you get both front and rear BBKs or else you'll likely end up experiencing brake fade in the rear much sooner than in the front (which may end up causing stability issues).
Old 05-20-16, 05:11 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by redspencer
If you're not planning on tracking your car, you can get away with having just the front BBK. If you are going to push your brakes to its limits on a track, it's recommended that you get both front and rear BBKs or else you'll likely end up experiencing brake fade in the rear much sooner than in the front (which may end up causing stability issues).
You knew... haha I do plan to track in July 30th for a Hooked on Driving event. ugh both front and back eh... thatll be minimal +$2,000. I was able to talk with a representative from stoptech today but they dont seem to have BBKs for 2016 model. I remember someone mentioned the 2015 should fit. What is the usual going rate for BBKs for both front and back? and the real question is... Coils before BBKs or BBks than coils? thank you for the information about the stability!
Old 05-20-16, 06:13 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 534 Likes on 316 Posts

Your OEM brakes should be sufficient for light track duty. If you haven't taken your car to the track before, I recommend running your car as-is (unless you're due for an oil change or brake fluid flush).

If you do end up experiencing brake fade at your upcoming event, it could be your braking technique or an indication that you do need to improve your brakes. Before looking at front and rear BBKs, you can explore the option of high temperature brake pads and upgraded brake fluid with a higher boiling point.

If you don't already have a set of high performance tires on your car, I'd personally look into getting a set before exploring the options of coilovers or BBKs as a good set of tires will improve both cornering capabilities and reduce braking distance.

Quick Reply: What the F?! 2013 build