Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

JspecVtec ISF

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-16, 05:19 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 689 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Thanks for the detailed info. How long did it take them?
Its best to drop your car off. I dropped my car off and studied at Cal Poly Pomona next door. I think everyone drops their car off, if not, probably a four to eight hour install.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-29-16, 05:38 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

It takes a good few hours. You're either going to go there right when it's open and drop the car off the entire day, or drop it off overnight. I opted for the latter so that they didn't have to rush through the job. If you drop it off for a same day install, just know that the shop is in the middle of nowhere (kinda). It's in a really industrial part of town and there's nothing around for you to hang out at for the whole day. Make sure you have a ride to pick you up.

FYI their pricing doesn't dictate that their job will be rushed and done without care. The reason why the price is so low is due to the quote that the first ISF gave to ETL. The first guy told ETL that a shop was quoting him somewhere in the $600 dollar range, so ETL undercut the price to ~500 since it was going to be their first time at the job. Luckily because most if not all the install jobs subsequent was due to word of mouth based on pricing, the pricing stuck. I'm sure if the shop did its research it'll find out that it's losing out on ~200-300 bucks. But the good thing is that the shop has probably done about 6-8+ installs by now and should be no risk.

Last edited by kzlflash; 02-29-16 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-29-16, 07:31 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Also contact K20trick he just got his PPE headers installed he has a 2012 USB. The mechanic is on instagram showed pics of the dropped subframe.
Old 03-02-16, 07:50 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
Also contact K20trick he just got his PPE headers installed he has a 2012 USB. The mechanic is on instagram showed pics of the dropped subframe.
Nice build and SS headers!

Honestly if you get to know this mechanic (EMAN) he is the type of person that saves each and every clip literally doesnt want to break anything and hates anything wire tie related. Does a clean a job and has done multiple cars for me in the past. During the install you can be there step by step and he actually pointed out something the dealrer broke and wiretied back up during a recall which I didnt notice and didnt care for much, and I believe in my past experiences he's broken one clip that was unavoidable and was pissed lol although those nasty clips tends to break especially overtime, hes not one of those guys that snap all of them off just to get the job done quicker. I also have a tendency to avoid leaving my car anywhere without me being there unless it's the dealer since I have no choice.

If you go to his shop you will see what I mean, he's basically the go to guy when all these hack jobs fall apart and they are desperate to get a clean job done moreover a running reliable car. Not to mention the few I've seen there are one bolt holding a turbo to the motor basically on its last legs, brand new transmission builds with f'ed up synchros, people that got scammed and got fake cams and made sh1tty power which he uncovered for them. It's crazy how many scam artists are out there.

Oh and HE LOVES RELIABLE NA BUILDS.

Sorry for barging your thread in the end it's your choice, I'm not making any money from referring him actually people have a tendency to promote other businesses when they've had good experiences with them in the past so while I was referred to that Pomona shop and Tommy and I'm sure there are good mechanics out there, I just went with someone I've had personal experience with. So hurry up and get those headers installed lol You will be amazed at the power I just got my cats in and even then the car feels so much more powerful. Breaking traction in auto mode everytime now.

Last edited by k20trick; 03-02-16 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-02-16, 09:05 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by kzlflash
I'm one of the guys mentioned that got my headers installed by the shop. The shop's quote is one of the cheapest you'll find in the SoCal area. Their primary specialty is the Mr2 and mid engine cars, but they seem to know what they're doing. By the time I installed my headers with them they had already installed a few others, so they definitely have experience with our car's header install. I personally had no problems before or immediately after the install. They installed the headers with no leaks and the car was functioning perfectly.

Just know that when you enter the header territory you'll have a risk of encountering problems with the o2 or a/f sensors connected. You'll run this risk no matter which shop you go to as these sensors are pretty fragile and a code will pop even if some wires are over twisted. My car spat out p0159 and p2241 a few thousand miles after the install. I haven't had a chance to actually check if the wiring or sensor is bad, and can't tell you if it's the fault of the shop or if the sensors went bad as a result of just having headers, but just wanted to at least give you my point of view. My experience with the shop was decent and I saved some bucks with cheaper install. In the end they did a good job and my car didn't have any mechanical problems as a result. Others may have had different experiences.
So it threw codes a few thousand miles after the install? Did you end up replacing the sensors? Im only at a few hundred miles and I thought it was safe to say I got lucky and didnt damage any sensors Guess Ill have to wait a few more months to see if I really did get away
Old 03-09-16, 11:33 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

2200F titanium and copper coated ppe headers are back
Attached Thumbnails JspecVtec ISF-image-4201069729.jpg  
Old 03-09-16, 11:34 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Now I just need to get them installed
Attached Thumbnails JspecVtec ISF-image-2684527709.jpg  
Old 03-10-16, 02:39 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The coating looks beautiful!

Subscribed!
Old 03-14-16, 03:22 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Headers are finally installed! New power feels good!
Attached Thumbnails JspecVtec ISF-image-3151419394.jpg  
Old 03-14-16, 03:47 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

It'll only get better with more driving. And it won't be long before Kody wants to do a dyno day.
Old 03-15-16, 12:51 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks great!

So wish we had shops over here that had experience fitting headers!

Not only would it mean we get the work done right without any issues, but the costs would be more reasonable.

Dread to think how many hours labour mine will cost when the time comes!

Enjoy them op.

Looks great.
Old 03-15-16, 07:47 AM
TranV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad you got it done Don. see you around town. I too got it done at ETL garage!
Old 03-15-16, 11:19 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TranV
glad you got it done Don. see you around town. I too got it done at ETL garage!
Yeah, Jeevy is experienced now (zero problems, knows how to remove original o2 without damaging either). Also best price in town!
Old 03-15-16, 11:29 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Did a quick 1st-3rd pull
Old 03-15-16, 11:30 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 689 Likes on 606 Posts

You have the tune?

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products