Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

Weswork's RCF

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-16, 03:33 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,589 Likes on 695 Posts

I like what you have done so far, I like the MK4 too!

Last edited by JT2MA71; 03-03-16 at 03:44 AM.
Old 03-03-16, 11:39 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

How much are the CF Mirror housings? For me, I just 4D CF Wrap my front lip. But yours looks awesome too.
Old 03-04-16, 07:29 AM
alfaromeo3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did install the mirror housing?

Will this be just a mirror cover or would it need to replace the OEM housing itself?

Thanks
Old 03-04-16, 04:38 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Well folks, bad news... The JDM/RHD mirror housings don't fit on our cars. Visually they look the same but, our housings are just a tad bigger and so the way the mirror is positioned in the housing causes the RHD ones not to work. Tried to mix and match the upper and lower pieces as an alternative but, it was a no go.

Luis at Carson has been great to deal with during this process, he's covering the shipping back to him, working with the vendor to ensure full refund, and putting together another "option" to help satisfy what I was trying to achieve.

As an FYI, these were the LEMS covers that are listed on other vendors sites.

On a positive note, it looks like Mike (Figs) has finalized sizes, offsets, and profiles for my BC Forged monoblocks and they should be here in 4 weeks or so.
Old 03-06-16, 10:54 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by weswork
...On a positive note, it looks like Mike (Figs) has finalized sizes, offsets, and profiles for my BC Forged monoblocks and they should be here in 4 weeks or so.
Any pics? What are the final specs and what is the weight?
Old 03-07-16, 08:32 PM
weswork
Intermediate

No pics as I haven't gotten them yet. Won't know weights either. I went with 19x10 and 19x11. Mike Figaro did all the offset work and profile finalization through BC based on numerous measurements and doing 3D scans of the hub and caliper which he posted here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...l-fitment.html

I am going to consider those specs as proprietary until Mike weighs in, as once these are in I think he plans on doing set offerings to the RCF/Clublexus community similarly to what he did with the RCF. Once these are in I will post pics and provide weights. I am going with the RZ05 style in the brushed black finish. Here's a link to BCs site with a pic of the wheel. You can see a side view of the profile in brushed black if you enlarge the second picture from the right in the first row.

http://www.bcec.com.tw/wheel/en/cs-rz05.html
Old 04-11-16, 05:19 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Well, wheels arrived on Friday. Big props to Figs (Mike Figaro) for getting this set-up put together and worked out for me. I think you will see a lot more from him regarding BC offerings now that he has a standard set up. Kind of incredible that once we got the specs worked out, it was 4 weeks to the day that once the order was submitted to BC that these were at my door. For custom monoblock forged wheels, that is a very short lead time. That includes the shipping time from Taiwan to me. The wheels are BC Forged RZ 05s in brushed black finish. They are 19x10 F and 19x11 R, +40 offset front and rear. I’m planning to run 265/35 F and 285/35 R PSSs. There was a lot of agonizing over tire sizes. I wanted wider rubber but, didn’t want overall diameters to go down, wanted front/rear diameters to stay close to stock ratios (and definitely not flip/flop, i.e., front taller than rear), and didn’t want a large gap between front and rear stagger. I really love the way they came out and very excited to get them on the car. They seem very light. Trying to figure out a way to weigh them before I put them on. Also, having them cquartz coated, similar to my car, before having them mounted. Here are a few pics. If you click on one of them I think it will take you to my Flickr album with more shots.

Old 04-11-16, 05:36 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,589 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by weswork
Well, wheels arrived on Friday. Big props to Figs (Mike Figaro) for getting this set-up put together and worked out for me. I think you will see a lot more from him regarding BC offerings now that he has a standard set up. Kind of incredible that once we got the specs worked out, it was 4 weeks to the day that once the order was submitted to BC that these were at my door. For custom monoblock forged wheels, that is a very short lead time. That includes the shipping time from Taiwan to me. The wheels are BC Forged RZ 05s in brushed black finish. They are 19x10 F and 19x11 R, +40 offset front and rear. I’m planning to run 265/35 F and 285/35 R PSSs. There was a lot of agonizing over tire sizes. I wanted wider rubber but, didn’t want overall diameters to go down, wanted front/rear diameters to stay close to stock ratios (and definitely not flip/flop, i.e., front taller than rear), and didn’t want a large gap between front and rear stagger. I really love the way they came out and very excited to get them on the car. They seem very light. Trying to figure out a way to weigh them before I put them on. Also, having them cquartz coated, similar to my car, before having them mounted. Here are a few pics. If you click on one of them I think it will take you to my Flickr album with more shots.

Nice looking wheels!!
Congrats!
Old 04-11-16, 10:23 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

I really love how these wheels turned out and can't wait to see them on the car Wes. Thanks for all the patience.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 04-11-16, 10:42 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Good looking wheels!
Old 04-12-16, 06:20 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Looks great!

Easiest way to measure is a self zeroing digital scale. Just get on and weigh yourself, then get on with the wheel above your head, and then just subtract Voila!
Old 04-12-16, 08:12 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Wanted to share some of my dyno results. A couple of things. First, I will say that I am a little disappointed in the results but, I DO NOT regret any of my performance mods/adds ($ value) and am not seeking to disparage anyone’s product. In one form or another they have provided me value. I will likely continue to add things to the car and try to measure impact as I go along. I may also get a logging cable and software to see if there are things that I can do to enhance my results, although I want to be careful not to do anything that only impacts dyno results and is not something that is repeatable in day-to-day driving/real world experience. I’ve been following the IS-F ECU flashing threads and there has been a lot of reference to Knock Correction Learning Value (KCLV) stored in the ECU and how it impacts performance. There are supposedly things you can do to get it up but, I am unclear if once you get it up (no pun intended) will it stay there or does it revert back over time based on various factors. Second, overall the results seem a little odd and not what one would have anticipated. I am really focusing on the deltas here as I know dyno results can vary from car to car, dyno to dyno, and even day to day based on conditions. I did try to keep most variables consistent. Used the same dyno, I operated the car, and made the same adjustments as listed in the dyno procedures thread I started. Conditions (temp and humidity) was fairly consistent in the dyno building on the different days. Car was not driven overly hard or heat soaked in getting to dyno location (10-15 minutes of cool down as car was getting set up on the dyno). Any and all input or comments are welcome. I will try to answer questions as best I can. I will say that the dyno operator was surprised and complimentary of these results as he wasn’t familiar with Lexus’ F brand and thought the car performed and sounded awesome, especially for a NA 5 liter v8 with no modified ECU parameters. He’s primarily a GM LS guy.

Baseline – All stock, ~2500 mi on car, 3 runs w/best results:
377 rwhp/349 lb/ft TQ – SAE
387 rwhp/359 lb/ft TQ – STD

Apexi Intake system (silicone tube/drop-in filter) – same day as baseline, 10 minute cool down for install of intake, 2 runs w/best results:
390 rwhp/348 lb/ft TQ – SAE
401 rwhp/358 lb/ft TQ – STD
Delta – (+13 rwhp/+0 lb/ft TQ)

Meisterschaft GTC exhaust & Apexi intake system – 2mos after baseline (1 mo after exhaust install), ~3K mi on car, 5 runs w/best results:
391 rwhp/365 lb/ft TQ – SAE
400 rwhp/365 lb/ft TQ – STD (think there may have been a hiccup here as there seems to be about a gap of 10 between both hp and tq when comparing SAE to STD readings on this dyno)
Deltas:
Vs Intake runs – (+0 rwhp/+17 lb/ft TQ)
Vs Baseline runs – (+13 rwhp/+17 lb/ft TQ)
Old 04-12-16, 08:15 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Dyno graphs.

ARRGGGHH! I don't know why these won't orient right when I insert the pic as they are not this way in my saved file or when I view them on my computer!
Old 04-12-16, 08:18 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Old 04-12-16, 08:39 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice build! With regarding to the KCLV, the more runs you do on the dyno, the hp should be higher run after run until eventually you get heat soaked, but that wasn't my case though, I made the most HP on the first run...lol.

You are not far from me though, I dynoed at 413.24 RWHP 380.24 RWTQ @ STD 5 on dynojet, with almost the same setup, I have a LEMS intake pipe with AFE filter instead of Apexi. My stock numbers were 369 RWHP and 351 RWTQ on a mustang dyno.

Quick Reply: Weswork's RCF