Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

Weswork's RCF

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-16, 05:38 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
Love your car. your isf was always clean and you are putting a lot of money into the RC-F but you are doing it right.
Thanks! Would love to connect through PM and maybe we could coordinate getting together since we're both in NC. I loved what you did with your IS F and looking forward to seeing what you do with the RCF. Maybe we could collaborate on something. I'll leave this pic right here for now.
Attached Thumbnails Weswork's RCF-img_3239.jpg  
Old 11-22-16, 06:00 PM
RYLITT
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

LOL. Mines WTRCF in Florida.. http://instagram.com/wtrcf
Old 11-22-16, 06:03 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RYLITT
LOL. Mines WTRCF in Florida.. http://instagram.com/wtrcf
Haha. Love it. I thought the plate was appropriate for the reaction I get when I start up or rev the car with the valves open on my Meisterschaft.
Old 11-24-16, 08:13 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by weswork
Thanks! Would love to connect through PM and maybe we could coordinate getting together since we're both in NC. I loved what you did with your IS F and looking forward to seeing what you do with the RCF. Maybe we could collaborate on something. I'll leave this pic right here for now.
Lol, thats awesome.

Im actually located in the midwest currently for my job relocation . plan is to go back just don't know when.

thank you, i appreciate that, I've bought a few big buys but ill save that for my build thread
Old 11-26-16, 11:40 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by weswork
Soooo… Its been a long time coming. I teased these a little bit before but, I’ve finally got the carbon fiber trim pieces that were sent off to Japan to get done. It was all coordinated by Luis at Carson (vendor here) primarily through the folks at LEMS. I posted earlier about the fitment issues with the LEMS JDM mirror housings. All of these parts are USDM factory pieces that were acquired here and then sent over to Japan to be done in CF. I’ve started to install all of these parts and no fitment issues yet. Once complete and I have the last piece that I’m waiting for, the “pi`ece de r`esistance”, I will get some good shots of everything put together. For now, here are some shots of the parts after they arrived prior to install. I’m also planning to have these parts clear bra’d. My PPF installer wants to do the mirrors once they are on the car. The other parts will be done prior to install.

Front center console panel
Rear seat divider
Side view mirror housings
Hood vent surround

IMG_2929 by Westley Workman, on Flickr

IMG_2927 by Westley Workman, on Flickr

IMG_2926 by Westley Workman, on Flickr

IMG_2925 by Westley Workman, on Flickr

IMG_2934 by Westley Workman, on Flickr

IMG_2936 by Westley Workman, on Flickr

IMG_2937 by Westley Workman, on Flickr

IMG_2939 by Westley Workman, on Flickr
whats the website where you were able to get those 4 parts?
Old 11-27-16, 12:14 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Originally Posted by paulwall4
whats the website where you were able to get those 4 parts?
No website. See the top of the post you quoted. Purchased factory parts and had them wrapped in Japan. Here's part #s:

mirror housings in black - Part Number: 8791A76070C0 (this is right side) (I got black since didn't want color to possibly come through)
hood vent surround in black - Part Number: 7619024010C1
center console panel - Part Number: 5880424130C6
rear center seat tray - can't give you part # for this as its wrong on the parts fish and they sent me the wrong one first time.
Old 11-28-16, 10:27 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

your supra looks so sick. dumb question, but which one is more fun to drive overall, IS F, RC F or Supra?
Old 11-28-16, 05:12 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mindcrime
your supra looks so sick. dumb question, but which one is more fun to drive overall, IS F, RC F or Supra?
Thanks for the compliments. Not dumb. Overall, with the power it has and the way its setup the Supra is the most fun. However, for a daily and with all the creature comforts, etc the RCF is a much better daily than both the Supra and ISF. I really wouldn't want to daily the Supra. That's not to say the drivability is bad. Also, I'd probably say that in a few years there will be advancements that make the RCF feel "old" similar to the RCF compared to the ISF.
Old 08-06-17, 08:08 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Haven't updated this thread in a while and this wasn't the post I was hoping to make but, thought I would show some of the recent additions. Due to a lot of varying factors such as significant vendor delays (some parts taking over a year to get to me), JDM parts not fitting our USDM cars, and delays in me getting the car to installers due to it being my daily driver. Below are pics of:

My Custom DCTMS steering wheel w/ F logo embedded in Y trim (16 Month lead time)
LEMS carbon fiber rear diffuser (5 month lead time, then 2 months before install)
LEMS custom carbon fiber wrapped rear seat divider (showed uninstalled pics previously)
LEMS carbon fiber intake tube (4 month lead time)

I'm waiting to have a full photo shoot with a guy that does great pics and shot my Supra and ISF previously. I want to have the final piece that has been a loooonngg time coming, installed... The TRD carbon fiber engine cover and strut brace combo. It is likely that this is the only one in the US. It is my understanding that the TRD RCF carbon fiber parts are no longer in production. Additionally, after waiting over a year to get this part (from ordering and paying in full to it being delivered to my door in NC) it was discovered that it would not mount correctly to USDM cars. A bracket that is part of the set-up/kit mounts to the firewall similar to the OEM brace. The USDM firewall structure is different than the JDM. As a result, even with modification (as we originally thought) the bracket would not work. I am in process of having a replacement bracket fab'd (CNC'd). The vendor I purchased the TRD part from offered to take it back and refund me (eating the cost) but, after all I went through to get it I decided to go the extra step to make it work (and not half-*** it). It is going to look killer with the LEMS intake tube as you will see in the pics. Too bad its under the hood and nobody's really going to see it.

And a preview>>>

Last edited by weswork; 08-06-17 at 08:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Z3NK1 (08-07-17)
Old 08-06-17, 08:11 PM
weswork
Intermediate

PS All - I am not sure why the pics are posting double. I only pasted the link in once. Fixed... I think.

Last edited by weswork; 08-06-17 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-06-17, 09:38 PM
pheen619
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

OMG pure SEX!!! Looks great
Old 08-06-17, 09:42 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Awesome! Carbon fiber collection especially the one of a kind TRD Engine cover...
Old 08-07-17, 04:44 AM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Love it Wesley!!
Hope you get that cover to fit soon.
I'm covetting that cover...
Old 08-07-17, 04:57 PM
647TTA
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I really like that intake tube. We need to get together before the next C&C so I can take a closer look at your car.
Old 08-08-17, 06:40 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Thanks for the compliments folks. Keep em coming.

Also, the carbon intake tube replaced my APEXi silicone tube (black). I'll let it go for $100. purchase your own APEXi filter panel new for $75 and that's a total of $175 vs a new "kit" for $269 or compared to a new HPS tube for $171. I need to be able to recoup and reinvest.

Originally Posted by 647TTA
I really like that intake tube. We need to get together before the next C&C so I can take a closer look at your car.
It's a date. Yes with everything going on it was hard to talk shop.

Quick Reply: Weswork's RCF