Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

New member and Lexus LS430 owner.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-16, 04:40 PM
YakuzaLow
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member and Lexus LS430 owner.

Let me introduce my self I'm a car junkie! I love cars in general no discrimination on types origins size or shapes. I just recently bought an 2005 LS430 with 64k miles on it from an old lady through a dealership 4 hours from my house (it well worth the drive). I have owned various Hondas some stock some race ready , a Nissan s14 w/ motor swap (cuz boost!), restomod tubed out 67 Chevy impala, and a drag setup 81 trans am firebird. Ever since my first job as a technician at Lexus, I have all ways love the look of the big bodied VIP cars. especially the LS's so here is my new project / daily driver.

The first picture is when I just got home from buying it so its a lil dirty. The last two pictures are after a wash. The paint is in excellent condition some small dents and scratches. But other then that its a straight body. I plan on keeping you guys updated on every lil thing done to the car. My plans are to keep it as simple and clean within VIP standards that my daily driving will allow. Hope that makes sense lol.
Attached Thumbnails New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-first-day-in-garage.jpg   New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-pole-in-garage.jpg   New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-y-c-stock.jpg  

Last edited by YakuzaLow; 03-31-16 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-31-16, 06:32 PM
YakuzaLow
Driver School Candidate

Default Update

Installed a GROM Audio USB and aux adapter Kit for my music. I placed the USB female end into the ashtray since I don't smoke, and it makes a good hiding spot for the USB as well. I can plug my phone or USB into it and still be able to close the ash tray lid.
Attached Thumbnails New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-ga-stairs.jpg   New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-grom-audio-installation.jpg   New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-ga-usb-ready.jpg   New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-ga-usb-pluged-in-to-port.jpg   New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-ga-interiors.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
DJB04LS430 (07-08-21)
Old 03-31-16, 06:56 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Congrats on the purchase, and welcome.

Love the black onyx and ecru interior.

Nice install of the Grom. You could install a USB port in the cig lighter like this:
Attached Thumbnails New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-vaistech-usb-install.jpg   New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-vaistech-usb-install-2.jpg  
Old 03-31-16, 07:09 PM
YakuzaLow
Driver School Candidate

Thank you! Damn I really like that's a great idea! I will get more creative with this project as time goes on but I got lazy today hahaha. I have many other projects including work so any time I have with the Lexus ill make sure to share. I appreciate any feedback and suggestions.
Old 04-01-16, 11:03 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Car looks pristine. And that is some very low miles on the ODO, looks like it was a garage queen.

Welcome to the Club.
Old 04-01-16, 12:15 PM
YakuzaLow
Driver School Candidate

hahaha yeah she was a garage queen, but now she's gonna have to do some work as a daily for me. One things for sure though she will be reliable I have no doubt about that. Thanks again for the welcome!
Old 04-01-16, 09:13 PM
Lockd_LX
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Welcome

Hey welcome to the club.

Intrigued with the USB adapter, without an aux button on the stock head unit, how would you switch the input to the USB audio?
Old 04-01-16, 10:02 PM
YakuzaLow
Driver School Candidate

Thank you! On my version of the GROM audio unit they have me change to disk 2. (make sure to keep disc slot #2 empty or it will not work.). So to hear my music I select disk 2 then go through my playlists or select albums or solo song then press play. This all varies depending on how I set up the audio files on my USB. Or with my phone plugged into it through the USB cable, do same thing playlists, YouTube, etc. Its almost like using an mp3 disk back in the day. Its a lil weird at first but I got used to it. Not gonna lie sometimes if I unplug something out of the USB adapter and plug my phone or another USB it will not register it. So I would need to pull over and restart my car if turning the radio on and off doesn't do the trick. But this rarely happens. I found a link for you also.
Old 04-01-16, 10:20 PM
YakuzaLow
Driver School Candidate

Default Lil update

Changed fog lights today after work. I changed them from the stock clear/whitish color to hyper yellow. I have a soft spot for yellow fog lights I know not everybody likes them but hey to each their own I say. (I know I post a lot pictures but I feel the more pictures the better when it comes to cars!) First picture is stock and second is yellow. They kinda look the same on these pictures but you get the point.
Attached Thumbnails New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-stock-fogs.jpg   New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-jdm-yellow-fogs.jpg  
Old 04-03-16, 12:52 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I've been trying to be lazy and avoid doing the grom install but as much as I love music I'm gonna have to just handle it and make that happen. I like both ideas shared here on the ash tray and cig lighter. My spouse has been using the cig lighter to charge and it's just more convenient for me so I will prob follow OP's route.

I'm also a big fan of 3000k fogs. We actually get pretty dense fog here when it comes around so they get used. I plan on running HID fogs from my favorite light vendor here. Congrats on the car...
Old 04-03-16, 07:29 PM
YakuzaLow
Driver School Candidate

Yeah man thanks! Good to know there are other 3000k fog light lovers like me haha. The GROM audio unit is pretty easy and self explanatory to install. Just be careful when removing the radio and the wood trim (or any trim) it can be more fragile than you may think. Also watch out for things like sharp edges and snagging wires. I highly recommend purchasing some panel poppers. You can get them at any auto parts store with prices ranging between $5 - $15 depending on brand and which set.
Old 04-04-16, 02:56 AM
Jabberwock

Received 205 Likes on 168 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Car looks very nice. Good Catch.
Not sure if they are still available but Lexus makes an ashtray replacement bin that has power plug and a felt covered compartment instead of the nasty ashtray and cigarette lighter. It wasn't cheap and I think it was only avail from Lexus but it is a really nice OEM quality perfect match replacement for the ashtray/cigarette lighter bin in the LS430.
Old 04-09-16, 01:40 PM
cerushio31
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice clean LS! I also recently put a grom in my car with the Bluetooth add-on.
Old 04-16-16, 08:05 PM
YakuzaLow
Driver School Candidate

Default Late update (coilovers installed 2 weeks ago)

Installed new BC BR coilovers two weeks ago, but I have been really busy to update you guys. These pictures are 2 weeks old and yeah at the time the front is kinda lower then the rear I fixed that now. I finally got the stance correct with the front just a lil bit lower that the rear and tires tucked the way I like. I will update with new pictures soon, that's depending on my time and weather.
Attached Thumbnails New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-bc-racing-br-coilovers-arrived.jpg   New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-installing-coilovers-2.jpg   New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-left-side-low.jpg   New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-front-low.jpg   New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-right-side-low.jpg  

New member and Lexus LS430 owner.-testing-coilovers.jpg  
Old 04-16-16, 08:35 PM
douplas
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow that looks great

Quick Reply: New member and Lexus LS430 owner.