Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My indecisive 98 SC300 build

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-19, 06:55 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by t2d2
I'd go with the blue calipers, both to match the HRE center caps and because it'll pop the best on white.
I never thought about matching the colors of the HRE caps. The blue was the most expensive color since it was a 2 stage powder (Chrome or metallic base + transparent blue on top).
Old 08-06-19, 09:35 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 234 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I never thought about matching the colors of the HRE caps. The blue was the most expensive color since it was a 2 stage powder (Chrome or metallic base + transparent blue on top).
Perfect. That helps ensure your setup is unique.
Old 08-28-19, 07:00 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

It's been a while since I updated. My friend's brother had some spare supra decals, so he gave them to us the day we were installing the brakes.

We also threw on my old Blitz Nur Spec Touring exhaust on to the car.

I went to the Eibach Toyota/Lexus meet a couple weeks ago.

During roll in:

After the event ended, we decided to do a quick family photoshoot before the sun set. All these photos are kind of bad because only 1 person had a tripod.

These are the good photos from the 1 person who had a tripod.

Everyone in the photo is a former, current, or future SC owner.
Old 08-29-19, 01:23 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

Brakes look....

SO good.
Old 09-11-19, 10:53 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

A couple months ago, I bought an almost complete black interior. It barely fit in my odyssey.

I'm still missing a couple things. One of the parts I struggled to find were the floor mats. I took a gamble and decided to go with Precision fit mats (made by covercraft). I got them in the mail today after a couple weeks of waiting.

The mats are smaller than stock, but better than having nothing.They're also noticeably lighter than stock which worries me.

My original goal was to have my new interior installed by the Japanese Classic Car Show (Sep 21st) and show it off then, but there have been delays with getting the re-upholstery done. I haven't had much time to make repairs/reinforcements to the new black interior panels either.

For now, I'm sticking with the tan interior and the new Supra TT seats. I'm going to start a complete detail (interior, exterior, and engine bay) this weekend to prep my car for JCCS next weekend.

Old 09-24-19, 10:14 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Japanese Classic Car Show - Prep and event

Cleaned up my engine bay:

The upholstery shop still has my tan arm rest, so I swapped in the black one and center console trim to match.

All washed up

Met up with the guys the next morning to grab breakfast and caravan to JCCS

While we were waiting for the restaurant to open, David showed up to balance out the photo

From left to right, 1jz-gte non vvti/R154, 2jz-ge vvti, 2jz-gte non vvti/R154, 1uz non vvti

End of the day before we went home. Gabe of failsafe photography did us a huge favor by waking up at 5am and driving the 99 golden pearl (Center car) with only a couple hours notice. Plus he provided us with the nicest photos any of us have of our cars. lol

The day went by super quick, but it was a lot of fun to see everyone. Half of us are heading up to San Jose, CA in 2 weeks for Shukai. It'll be the first 400+ mile road trip (one way) for my SC. I'm 90% sure there should be no issues, but that 10% is still bugging me. lol

Last edited by Blkexcoupe; 10-09-19 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-25-19, 09:55 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Awesome shots - that looks like such a great time! The new wheels and purple calipers are a killer combo.
Old 10-09-19, 07:20 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I took the SC out on its first road trip to San Jose, CA for Shukai. The total trip was about 900 miles and the car took it like a champ.

This supercharged LS400 was the reason we were taking the trip. My friend wanted to bring the completed car to the previous owner's home town as a tribute to him.

Lunch stop at Harris Ranch

First stop when we got into town was a visit to the previous owner of the LS400

2AM car washes

Morning of at our hotel

My friends Toyota Stout

I forgot to take more pics of the engine bay

Spent most of the weekend breaking necks driving both of these cars around together. lol

Hundreds of miles of this view

My car broke the 199k mark during this trip
The following users liked this post:
atxishome (10-09-19)
Old 10-15-19, 09:09 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Headed out to cars and coffee with Nick on Saturday since lexus corporate was bringing out a RC-F track edition to display

Some new toys arrived today. Carbon fiber B pillar covers from corn carbon. The forged carbon ones will be going on my car, and the 2x2 weave are for my friend

Forged Carbon

Normal weave/2x2

JZZ30 Conceptz emblems
Old 11-06-19, 10:20 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Had to order new valve stems from HRE since I couldn't find any that would seal properly. These things cost me $16 each after shipping.

Dropped off my wheels at the tire shop for them to install the valve stems

Bought some LED panels on Amazon, and taking a picture of my interior before I rip it out

For those of you that actually read the text in the post, my new seats are all done and back at my friends house. I haven't had a chance to go see them in person.
Old 11-06-19, 10:29 PM
Bempa
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

A joy to read with so good photos
Old 11-12-19, 05:53 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I brought one of the seats and the arm rest home to do a mock up.

Can't decide which color panels I want to do. Black

Or keep the tan panels

I started mocking up the seats to my bride rails. First step was chopping off these tabs for the factory sliders. (I really wish I did this before sending the seats out)

From the factory, the adjuster side of the seats have built in spacers/risers. I need to order matching ones for the inside (seal belt side)

The 2 front bolts line up, but the rears will need to be drilled about 1/4" further back. I'll drill the holes once the metric spacers show up from Mcmaster. I got some standard spacers locally for the mock up, but I didn't want to drill the bracket and risk having the holes be slightly crooked.

If any of you are curious about the difference between a Bride RO vs MO bracket. The RO is above and the MO is below

The difference is a plate/riser to allow for drilling brackets on a narrower seat. The parts needed to finalize the seats should be here at the end of the week. I realistically won't finish the interior swap until after the holidays, but I'm excited to see all of it installed. If I decide to keep the tan panels, it'll get swapped sooner.
Old 11-13-19, 12:04 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Seats look absolutely killer. I hate to say it but I think I'm feeling the black panels with the caramel as opposed to the tan...
Old 11-14-19, 07:51 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 234 Likes on 214 Posts

I have to disagree with Rudy. The caramel arm rest sort of works with the tan door panel, fitting the gradients of tan/beige/wood. On the black, though, there's nothing to help it transition to the wood and it just doesn't fit at all.

How much are you swapping out to black?
Old 11-14-19, 08:58 AM
Zerodrag
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

black and caramel look nice if you have the complete black interior with those seats. I recall someone with those saddle colored genesis seats in their sc on black interior and it looked real nice. Can't recall if they had other caramel/beige trims inside though.

Quick Reply: My indecisive 98 SC300 build