Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My indecisive 98 SC300 build

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-19, 12:31 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

@rudysc why do you have to choose the harder option... jk

@t2d2 I have an almost complete black interior. I'm missing a steering wheel, A pillar trim, and rear seat belt buckles, so I can pick and choose any variation of 2 tone I would like to have.

The color was originally chosen to go into my tan interior. I found a deal on the black interior while the upholstery shop had everything, so that expanded my.options.

@Zerodrag You're probably thinking of gerrrb's car. Right now the only thing I don't like about the black panels is the wood trim. It looks dated with the new color seats.

The front and rear seats are all cognac colored. I haven't posted pics because I need to sit down on a computer to upload them to flickr. The hardware I need to install the seat arrived yesterday. If I get off work early enough today, I'm going to try and install the driver seat.
The following 2 users liked this post by Blkexcoupe:
MNtyler (11-14-19), RudysSC (11-14-19)
Old 11-15-19, 09:24 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 237 Likes on 215 Posts

If you're not fond of the wood trim with the new color seats, wrapping the trim might be a necessary factor to add into the equation. That'll definitely help with the black options.
Old 11-15-19, 06:47 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Stainless Steel Spacers

Installed a black seat belt buckle

The embroidery is pretty bad. They told me it's not something they normally do, but if I wanted, they would attempt it.

Here is the complete interior:

Washed the car to get it ready for weekend activities.

Originally Posted by t2d2
If you're not fond of the wood trim with the new color seats, wrapping the trim might be a necessary factor to add into the equation. That'll definitely help with the black options.
It's something I'm considering. Wrapping the trims would be a much more economical solution compared to having them overlayed in CF.
Old 12-06-19, 07:19 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

After the new interior goes in, the car will be complete. Everything should be done by Toyotafest 2020. After that I'll most likely be calling it quits with this build and keep the car tucked away under a cover. I decided to pay for a photo host to keep this build thread intact. I'll slowly be fixing all the dead photos (there are a lot) and will try to add a table of contents on the first page with all the oem part numbers/diy info. I updated the first 2 post which has the history of the car up until this build thread started. I included a few different pics that weren't in here before. While sorting through pics, I never realized how many times this car has been hit over the years.

All the pictures from page 19-28 have already been fixed.
Old 12-07-19, 09:17 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

I didn't see that coming. What's next? With how much work you've put into this, I can't imagine you'll sit around not building something else.
Old 12-07-19, 10:19 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I said the same thing last year about calling it quits, then my friends bought low mileage 98 DWP SCs and we decided to build triplets. That's why everything has been just refined versions of something I already have.

I'll definitely build something new, but I haven't decided what it'll be yet. I'll get a truck before another project car. Minivan isn't cutting it for home depot runs anymore. lol
Old 12-09-19, 09:00 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Good thing I don't have friends like that! Trucks are a slippery slope ... the perfect blank slate to do just about anything with build-wise.
Old 12-09-19, 10:32 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Good thing I don't have friends like that! Trucks are a slippery slope ... the perfect blank slate to do just about anything with build-wise.
From what I've been told, I'm the source of the problem...

I definitely have an interesting group of friends. We're a very diverse crowd when we get together.

Old 12-10-19, 08:23 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

I imagine a car show breaks out any time you all get together.
Old 12-10-19, 10:05 AM
Fractional
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

.........Wow
Old 12-10-19, 09:47 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I imagine a car show breaks out any time you all get together.
If we're going to a car event then yeah, but otherwise it looks like a toyota dealership. Camry, rav4, prius, and mirai everywhere. lol
Old 12-10-19, 10:23 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

My order of brake pads finally showed up after 6 months.

Sold my wheels to my friend. He came over to get some car soap and left with new wheels instead. I completely forgot to give him the soap. lol

My friends been going back and forth about buying a 2020 Supra, so I told him I bought the car he wanted and would sell it to him. I told him I would bring the car and dmv paperwork to our holiday party. He wasn't amused when I showed up to the party.

I started mocking up door panels today
Black/CF trim

Cognac/CF Trim

Cognac/Factory wood

Center console. I need a new gated shifter top plate and shift ****

Random shot of my car from the last time I drove it.

Old 12-14-19, 12:09 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Fixed my stereo yesterday afternoon. Some of the wires came loose on the speakers and have been making an awful static noise for the past couple of months.

Taking the car out to a canned food drive my friends are hosting at greddy usa tomorrow.

I picked up the rear seats from my friends house on Thursday night since I knew they had to come out for me to access the speakers.

I still need to order the passenger Bride MO bracket/slider. Trying to delay it until after the new year since it's an unnecessary expense right now. I'm liking the seats against the brown/tan interior.
Old 12-17-19, 09:23 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,206 Likes on 835 Posts

Ok, Ok... This caramel/tan combo is really starting to grow on me...
Old 12-20-19, 12:28 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Went with my friend's Santa car out to Greddy USA last weekend.

My 98 DWP SC300

My friend's 98 DWP SC300

My SC300 keychains from Ren/JZZ30.com arrived on Monday

Tuesday, I took my car to show one of my vendors the new interior, and on the way home I stopped by home depot (I was being lazy and didn't want to go home and trade cars). FYI, a 2' x 4' panel will fit in the back.... lol

200k will happen either tomorrow or Saturday. Trying to make it cross, so I can throw it back in the garage before the rain comes back on Sunday.

Quick Reply: My indecisive 98 SC300 build